Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting!!

Options
  • 25-02-2016 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Just after doing about 5km on my mountain bike,came home absolutley dying

I lay total blame on my smoking habit im sick of it,i wouldnt smoke more than 20 a day but it just seems like i am always at it and i hate how unhealthy it is making me...

Any advice guys? What about zyban or champix...i tried the ecig but it didnt last long

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eric Marley

I think the solution to this actually lies within you. You just mentioned zyban and that means you already have a plan on how to quit. Try it and just get focused with your health. Rememner you'll always be your best doctor; only you knows how much addicted you are and can therefore best help yourself quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Try the ecigs again, theres something for everyone, if the brand you tried didnt work try a different one.
    If you smoke regular fags(ie, not silk cut or other lights) then make sure the juice you get is 18mg, 18mg=1.8,
    Theres a 1001 different flavours, if the problem was not enough throat hit then make sure its at least 80% pg(probably get the 80% without even knowing anyway)

I smoked 20 a day for 28years and had no inclination to give up but my nose was at me so i got an ego and a ce5 and i havent looked back since.

Should give vaping another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭happycoach

Alan Carr's how to quit smoking is excellent. Can't recommend it enough to all who are trying to quit smoking.
    Keep the faith! You'll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

I'll second Alan Carr's book. I was in a bad way smoking very heavily and somehow that book worked it's magic. It was so easy and almost felt like magic as I have never touched or felt to smoke since. I note you mention cycling, in my time since giving up I ridden the biggest roads races in Ireland have multiple medals at county, provincial and national level.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pol12

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    I'll second Alan Carr's book. I was in a bad way smoking very heavily and somehow that book worked it's magic. It was so easy and almost felt like magic as I have never touched or felt to smoke since. I note you mention cycling, in my time since giving up I ridden the biggest roads races in Ireland have multiple medals at county, provincial and national level.

Allen Carr book is the best.. Quick to read.. Just follow his method

• Advertisement
Advertisement