Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trendy affordable eateries

Options
  • 25-02-2016 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Where in Dublin would be the latest happening spot be for food, affordable and nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

How long's a piece of string Des? Depends on what you're after?

Burgers - Bunsen
    BBQ - My Meat Wagon
    Chicken - Camden Rotisserie
    Asian - Neon (Camden St)
    Tapas - Zaragoza (Early bird)
    Seafood - Catch 22 (St Anne St)
    Pizza - Skinflint (Temple Bar) Independent (Drumcondra)
    Italian - Caffe Italiano (Temple Bar), Da Mimmo (North Strand)
    Fusion - Soder & Ko
    Pub Grub - Brewdock

The two Italian spots while not exactly trendy do absolutely ****ing cracking food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Also keep an eye on thetaste.ie for bargain deals. You can frequently get three courses plus a bottle of wine for €50 on there. I buy about one a month as my bargain treat and have yet to be disappointed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

cson wrote: »

Burgers - Bunsen
    BBQ - My Meat Wagon
    Asian - Neon (Camden St)
    Fusion - Soder & Ko
    Pub Grub - Brewdock

The two Italian spots while not exactly trendy do absolutely ****ing cracking food.

That's an amazing list.

Some of my fave places to eat in Dublin are on there. Well played!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Possibly the wrong end of town for you Baldy, but on the South Circular both Bastible and Union 8 are new and getting some great reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,270 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That's a great list from CSON... I wonder if you had thrown in a currently non-trendy eatery there.... would it start trending immediately?
    :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Yamammori Izakia on George's st. It can be expensive but they do a €12 deal Amazing Japanese Burger, big basket of sweet potato fries with anchovy dip and a nice Japanese beer of the day. Can't beat it for value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

BeerNut wrote: »
    Possibly the wrong end of town for you Baldy, but on the South Circular both Bastible and Union 8 are new and getting some great reviews.

It'll be interesting to see how Bastible gets on. That site has been a graveyard for restaurants/cafes over the years.

Another one that sprung to mind; Fish & Chips: Super Miss Sue at the end of Drury Lane (I think). Across from P Macs too which would another one of the trendy craft brew spots if you fancy a drink after. If you fancy a non alcoholic drink then Accents is also right across from you and do super coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd also add in Taco Taco and WOW Burger as options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Musashi on Capel Street is incredible. The Bento box lunch is €10 and amazing (It might be only Monday to Friday though). Their main courses are about €13/14 and massive. You need to book 1/2 weeks in advance though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Fumbally for breakfast - best eggs in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This article about lunch for €5 in Dublin might give a couple of ideas
    http://www.thejournal.ie/cheap-lunches-dublin-2-2597756-Feb2016/

Been meaning to try Mamas Revenge on Nassau St, their chilli beef and cheese nachos look amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Any fans of Indian food? Down at the Mespil market, I love picking up a curry from Kerala Kitchen. Now they've opened up their own place on Baggot St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Burgers - Bunsen
    BBQ - My Meat Wagon
    Asian - Neon (Camden St)
    Fusion - Soder & Ko
    Pub Grub - Brewdock

I'd agree with that list apart from chicken. Crackbird is way nicer that Camden Rotisserie.

Fowl Play in the Square Ball pub on Hogan Place is actually better than both of them. :o

Fowl Play in the Square Ball pub on Hogan Place is actually better than both of them. :o

I've never heard of them. Must check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

cgcsb wrote: »
    Yamammori Izakia on George's st. It can be expensive but they do a €12 deal Amazing Japanese Burger, big basket of sweet potato fries with anchovy dip and a nice Japanese beer of the day. Can't beat it for value.

I'll be trying that as soon as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Keep an eye on "lovindublin"

They always are reviewing the latest eateries in dublin.

mfceiling wrote: »

They are kinda biased since most places pay to be reviewed by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Agree with the above. Very biased and can assure you some of the reviews are highly overrated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

mfceiling wrote: »

I find them informative insofar as I have the choice of immediately avoiding anywhere rated highly by people like 'Harbo'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I find them informative insofar as I have the choice of immediately avoiding anywhere rated highly by people like 'Harbo'.

He was sued for slamming a restaurant even though he admitted in the review that he hadn't eaten there.

The guy's a bizarre parody character of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ate in My Meat Wagon at the weekend, had the Cow in a Box for €12.50 with chips and slaw. I've a pretty big appetite and went in there hungry but couldn't finish it. It was a bit awkward eating out of a box towards the end, I would have preferred it on a plate. My only real complaint though was the music was a bit too loud and a conversation difficult at times. I'd still go back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Would sodor and ko be too loud and busy to bring friends for food around 9 on a Saturday do people think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Would sodor and ko be too loud and busy to bring friends for food around 9 on a Saturday do people think?
    It's very very loud in there and I wouldn't be a big fan of that, but the food is decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ate in My Meat Wagon at the weekend, had the Cow in a Box for €12.50 with chips and slaw. I've a pretty big appetite and went in there hungry but couldn't finish it. It was a bit awkward eating out of a box towards the end, I would have preferred it on a plate. My only real complaint though was the music was a bit too loud and a conversation difficult at times. I'd still go back though.

That place is amazing... I'd highly recommend trying the beans as a side if you're there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Another vote for My Meat Wagon. Amazing food. The platter for 2 is great, a bit of everything and loads of sides.

Advertisement