Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

court and access

Options
  • 25-02-2016 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Anybody can help me on this one ...My son has gone to court, and he is Allowed 2 hours a week access to see his Son of 6 months old in her home. and every 3rd Saturday he can have is son in is own home for 6 hours. my Son is only after starting a new job and if he cant see his son on the Saturday the judge awarded because of work..will this be a bitch of access on hes half, and can he be in trouble.. thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

He won't get in trouble if he doesn't take up the access set out but what I suggest he does is go back to the district court and apply for 'variation of access' and build some flexibility into the agreement. So for example, if he is working on a day he is due to have the baby then he can swap the day with reasonable notice.

I'm just guessing that relations with the childs mother are poor but if I am wrong perhaps he could just discuss with her that he has to work during his court ordered access and can he change to the Sunday or an alternative Saturday.

Advertisement