Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Climate Control Timer issue

• 25-02-2016 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭

I have unsuccessfully tried to get the climate control timer to preheat the car when the car is not plugged in. It seems to work fine while the car is plugged in , but not if unplugged. I thought that it worked so long as the battery is over 80% which it is each morning.
    I leave for the bus before it is due to kick in and I have been unplugging the cable so my better half does not have to worry about that as she get the kids out.

Also last night when I plugged in cable after about 5 minutes the RCB tripped -first time it ever happened -has any one seen that before? I leave the cable plugged into charger all day could that be the problem?

Comments

I have never experienced any timer issues regarding preheat.

Preheating works well below 80% charge . I've used it below 50%.

Set it to come on in 30 mins and see what happens. It's an unusual problem.

I've had no issues with tripped breakers either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

The in-car preheat timer only works when the car is plugged in, as far as I can see. The remote controlled one (when it works) works even without needing to plug in.

I'll give it a try on mine while not plugged in, admittedly, I've not tried the timer function while not plugged in in a long time, I would mainly activate by the app or the website.

I'll see if I can do it tomorrow morning a while after I get home from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I've never had timer preheat work unless plugged in. Been told elsewhere that it's not possible.

I just use the app (until recently) to preheat if I'm not charging.

Advertisement