Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HBO Girls Sexy Season 5

• 25-02-2016 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Girls has returned for season 5 of the hit HBO show. I like it. It's different than anything else on tv, it's edgy, and it asks some important questions without always giving great answers.

Like a lot of guys, without Ray I probably wouldn't enjoy Girls half as much. So thank you Ray and the writers. And Adam has a certain allurement too to be fair.

Anyway, Marnie is marrying Dessie the dick while the rest of the group are still figuring things out though in a marginally more mature manner than before.

Next ep: some time late in the evening on Monday on sky atlantic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Strong second episode saved by a double solo masturbation scene between Adam and Jessa. That such a scene was an entirely normal and natural way for their screen time to come to an end pretty much sums up this show, and why I admire it. That and Lena Dunham exposing her bush and a single breast in the first two minutes of the episode.

Some interesting commentary on gender politics with Ray, which as someone who vicariously watches the show through Ray left me similarly unsettled. Interesting to see where that goes; it kind of has to continue now for both mine and Ray's sake.

Hannah consoling her father was cute. And caring. And kind of creepy. But on the whole, good.

Interesting to see if Dessie and Marnie reappear next week. Well, not really.

What did everyone else think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I find lena dunham so hot for some reason..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I keep going to nd in circles about who I hate the least. It's usually Shoshana but sometimes Hannah. Her absolute absence of self awareness is brilliant.

Dessie and Marnie are made for each other. Pair of ballbags.

Is it her bush?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Canadel wrote: »
    Is it her bush?

No, its just how she comes across in interviews.. that confidence she gives off

• Advertisement

No, its just how she comes across in interviews.. that confidence she gives off
    I hear ya. Anyone who writes this show, however annoying it can be at times, has to be confident and quite enlightened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

I really do not need to see her naked again in this lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The most unlikeable cast of all time, everyone of the characters is a selfish arsehole

Same could be said for Seinfeld

Wow, they found an actress with an even more ludicrous accent than Jessa.

• Advertisement

Season five is a major improvement on the last few. Who could have imagined a Marnie episde could be such fun?

And although he's now a deadbeat heroin addict coke dealer with a fake accent Charlie is ten times more likable than he eve was in his previous incarnation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Season five is a major improvement on the last few. Who could have imagined a Marnie episde could be such fun?

And although he's now a deadbeat heroin addict coke dealer with a fake accent Charlie is ten times more likable than he eve was in his previous incarnation.

It is the best episode by far. It is probably one of the top 10 TV episodes I have ever seen. It is the first time we have seen growth in Marnie. Like the start of the episode of the typical child like mannerisms from her " Im twenty-five and a half". Like WTF? She is finally content with being herself and single. She has finally realised happiness doesnt come from a relationship or someone else, but within

I love how this weeks episode and last weeks episode have properly developed two characters (last week it was Shosanna). I think these two episodes have completely separated the show from the sex and the city links people had between the 2 shows. There is development and growth of the characters in Girls. Where as in SATC, none of the characters growth or developed. Carrie in S01E01 was exactly the same as Carrie in the final episode

Next week I think we will see massive developments from Elijah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Some excellent writing and acting this year - a lot funnier, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Thought the most recent one was really sad :( The look on Hannah's face when she realises that
    Jessa and Adam are together
    If a friend ever did that to me it would be the end of us. Totally smashing up the girl code there.

I totally understand why people criticise this show, but I love it. Yes they are painfully self-involved and whiny and spoiled, but it has real heart. What Girls is selling, I'm buying. :P

Marnie's line about the second tier friends had me in stitches.

I really liked the concept of that 38 neighbours play. Where are you going to get an entire building that's empty and not condemned to perform it in in New York though?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I like the show, but I f*cking hated the most recent episode for some reason. Hannah just really pee'd me off in everything she done. It's rare that soemthing I watch on TV makes irritates me in real life.

It's hard to feel sorry for someone so utterly self absorbed when something happens as a result of other people bring a little bit selfish. Or not, that whole bro code thing is kind of weak.

Advertisement