Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing name on account

Options
  • 25-02-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Leaving out the personal side of the story, the account holder with Electric Ireland has not resided in the house for the past sixteen years. In that time I've been paying the bill and still am at present. However I did not realise during this I was building a credit rating for the account holder. 
    I now need to have a new name on the bill for certain reasons, but I have no contact number or address for the account holder.

I am not in a position to pay a 300 euro fee when I've been paying your company since he left, nor do I want a direct debit set up where I can't control my expenditure and pay as you go meters are a robbery. I do not wish to set up a new account either.

I've been a customer with you for over 25 years, and I need a new name on the bill with some form of compromise here as a valued customer or otherwise I'll be forced to go elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Huthitner1,

Thanks for your message.

In order for us to look into this for you could you please send us a private message with the following information?
    • Your full name
    • The MPRN of the property
    • The address of the property
    • Your contact number and date of birth
    • An up to date meter reading
    We can then look into this matter for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Huthutner1

Hi Brige,

Im apprehensive about sending on any details until Ive some idea of what can be done as for the reasons Ive outlined above I cant go down the generic route offered by Electric Ireland.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Huthutner1,

Just for general information, a new account does need to be opened in the name of the person who is taking over registration for supply. An account name cannot be changed - each account is unique to the account-holder. An account number can be reused by the named account-holder in the future, should they wish. Whether open or closed, it always has to be their account.

An account can have a name added to it, but authorisation from the account-holder would be required for this.

As you are aware, direct debit is a way of eliminating the security deposit on a new account - however customers who have direct debit can still make pre-payments into their Electric Ireland account (via online payment only) to reduce or even clear the bill by the time it is issued. After 14 months of cleared bills, customers can remove their direct debit details and pay manually from then on.

Customers who have direct debit can also avail of a 13% discount off units used.

With regard to more specific aspects of your query, we would require the account details by private message.

Regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement