Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audiology

• 25-02-2016 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm considering doing a the two year Postrgrad course Audiology in UCC. I'm still really unsure as to whether or not it's the right thing to do as it is 7,000 a year. I also don't know what the job prospects are like for newly graduated students. I had original thought about doing Occupational Therapy but thought that Audiology might be a more 9-5 position, with less paper work. I would be grateful for any advice/knowledge on the matter.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Ben83Jackson

Audiology is a very rewarding career path. I'm not familiar with courses in Ireland but my advice would be to research things from a financial perspective. The current starting salary for an Audiologist in Ireland within Public Service is just under 30k per annum regardless of whether you are BSc or MSc qualified. My advice would be to research your options thoroughly before making any decisions particularly from a financial perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ann-Marie

Hi

Thanks for your response, but unfortunately I didn't get accepted onto the course in UCC.

Regards
    A

Advertisement