Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slayer + Anthrax Marquee Cork

• 25-02-2016 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

deserves its own thread

Slayer will return to Live at the Marquee Cork with special guest Anthrax on June 15.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Supported by the Drifters I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I heard somebody say that Tom Jones was on the same bill.

I said that's a bit odd.

He said it's not unusual.

**Getting coat**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Can men in there 50s roaring about Satan and glued to there spots on stage because there to knackered to move even fill out the Marquee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Can men in there 50s roaring about Satan and glued to there spots on stage because there to knackered to move even fill out the Marquee?

Probably yes I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Bit off topic but are all the Dublin date standing tickets sold out, only ones i can see on ticketmaster look 2nd hand and are 125e which is crazy money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Oasis1974 wrote: »

There's not as much roaring about Satan as there once was but yes, there will plenty of us old barstewards in the crowd too. And to be fair, Gary Holt does plenty of moving about, Paul is not allowed as..... well.... he's the drummer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

With the Dublin show being sold out and I can't stand the Olympia I am thinking about travelling down to Cork from Dublin.
    Is the Marquee a good venue for metal shows? Also is it easily accessible from trains/buses, I won't need a taxi or anything?

Its a tent on tarmac, it's enjoyable for seeing acts but the sound won't be the best. Walkable from all forms of public transport, will take 20 minutes but will be loads of people heading that direction, and back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

With the Dublin show being sold out and I can't stand the Olympia I am thinking about travelling down to Cork from Dublin.
    Is the Marquee a good venue for metal shows? Also is it easily accessible from trains/buses, I won't need a taxi or anything?

Saw slayer there before and sound wasnt bad (I was seated at the back as Im old and grumpy now and my moshing days are over)
    Going again, its a good venue, something different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Considering the show is sold out, should tickets have been issued? Haven't gotten mine yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Degag wrote: »
    Considering the show is sold out, should tickets have been issued? Haven't gotten mine yet.

I got mine (Dublin gig) last week, ordered the day they went on sale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement