Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV warranty?

Options
  • 26-02-2016 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all, we got a toshiba TV in 2012 and its started acting up. I was sure someone told me before that under the EU consumer law or something that you are protected with electrical goods for 5 years... But I can't find any info online confirming this. Is anyone able to shed any light on this? Thanks 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

There is no such regulation, at least not in Ireland. EU Directives merely compel member states to implement national laws which give consumers at least 2 years protection.

However we do have the Statute of Limitations which allows you up to 6 years to take legal action. There's no guarantee you'll win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cocobubbles

Ok thanks Slimjimmc maybe that's where I was getting confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,035 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Unless it's a very high end model, most Toshiba TVs are now Turkish made junk and quite cheap - the remaining value would be very low after 4 years and realistically not worth pursuing.

Advertisement