Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signs of the End Times? - Ready for Judgement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

With soon-to-be-President Trump itching to drop some big ones, I hope you folks are heeding the signs....
    https://prophecywatchers.com/strange-trumpets-is-the-world-being-warned/

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

With soon-to-be-President Trump itching to drop some big ones, I hope you folks are heeding the signs....

What do you mean by signs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

The end times of which religion, again? Sorry, there are soooo many.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The Chieftain, perhaps you have the wrong forum?

Perhaps you would be better off posting this in the Christianity forum where you have previously compared atheists to large numbers of insects and rats by claiming the forum had been infested by them- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057565854

Not very christian to preach such hatred, I'm sure your god will be awful upset with you about that and you're clearly building walls which the pope has said good Christians should not do. (but its ok to build walls to stop women priests...cause "reasons")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Cabaal wrote: »
    The Chieftain, perhaps you have the wrong forum?

Don't poke the bear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭looksee

This certainly is not for A&A, Christianity, as Cabaal suggests would be better, or Conspiracy Theories maybe? Political Cafe? After Hours?

looksee wrote: »
    This certainly is not for A&A, Christianity, as Cabaal suggests would be better, or Conspiracy Theories maybe? Political Cafe? After Hours?

Anywhere but here, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭The Chieftain

Oh no, the message is for the A&A folk. I can sleep like a daisy tonight.

Do daisies sleep? What is the message, as per my name I'm too lazy to click the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Incredible delivery of a really intelligent message. You win this round!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

With soon-to-be-President Trump itching to drop some big ones , I hope you folks are heeding the signs....

OP raises some serious points regarding adequate waste disposal systems in the White House.

lazygal wrote: »
    Do daisies sleep? What is the message, as per my name I'm too lazy to click the link.

Something to do with trumpeting. Whether it's related to elephants, flatulence or Miles Davis' rebirth, I am not sure.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Something to do with trumpeting. Whether it's related to elephants, flatulence or Miles Davis' rebirth, I am not sure.

Any warnings about biscuits and/or pizza?

I suppose whether they sleep depends on how much brain function they have, if they have anything that could be considered a brain. But they do fold up their little petals at night, so that might be considered sleeping. Its odd, they are so pretty in a lawn, but when you mow all their little heads off the area looks so much tidier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The c.t. brigade spouted similar rubbish about Obama when he was first elected, tying in all sorts of 666 to him and eh.. we are still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Whoever wrote that be smokin some good **** - While listening to trumpets. Worth a read if you need to have a laugh!

I suppose whether they sleep depends on how much brain function they have, if they have anything that could be considered a brain. But they do fold up their little petals at night, so that might be considered sleeping. Its odd, they are so pretty in a lawn, but when you mow all their little heads off the area looks so much tidier.
    You have a sadistic streak.

galljga1 wrote: »
    You have a sadistic streak.

Much like OT God. Is looksee God?

Much like OT God. Is looksee God?
    It depends upon what forum you are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Religion really knows how to enslave people, and keep them hanging on. They tell you that the big god is your master, all knowing so you better be good, and that he'll be back in person soon, very soon, and you'll be in heaven - it'll be brilliant. But it never happens, the trumpets aren't trumpets and the rapture never happens, and you have to keep twisting your beliefs to justify this.

It's like upgrading your Mac, all promises but it doesn't fulfil you, so you keep on hoping the next one will be better.

• Advertisement

Not God, just god.

Gordon wrote: »
    Religion really knows how to enslave people, and keep them hanging on. They tell you that the big god is your master, all knowing so you better be good, and that he'll be back in person soon, very soon, and you'll be in heaven - it'll be brilliant. But it never happens, the trumpets aren't trumpets and the rapture never happens, and you have to keep twisting your beliefs to justify this.

It's like upgrading your Mac, all promises but it doesn't fulfil you, so you keep on hoping the next one will be better.

What does that have to do with daisies? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Sounds Like Santa Claus

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

How dare you!
    I'll have you know I'm happy with my Mac, I've no wish to upgrade at all

Windows is the spawn of the devil though,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

:)

I do find humour in The Chieftan's OP though, he reads the Christianity forum and is annoyed at non-Christians apparently interfering with his desire for an echo chamber, that's fair enough. But he's annoyed at it, and thinks it shouldn't happen, so in true Christian fashion, what does he do? Forgive? Let pass? Pray? Think positively? No, he posts in the A&A forum with the full intention of trolling and winding people up, and doing EXACTLY what he thinks people are doing to the Christianity forum.

Religion: where you can argue any standpoint - an eye for an eye, or forgiveness. Love everyone, or be like Moses and kill and enslave people.

The Chieftan: I forgive you.

Can I give half a like? I am not a Christian so I have issues with the last sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Daisies are just the minions of their subterranean fungal overlords

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141111-plants-have-a-hidden-internet

(read the link, it's actually awesome)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So OP, how are you voting in today's election? :pac:

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    Daisies are just the minions of their subterranean fungal overlords

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141111-plants-have-a-hidden-internet

(read the link, it's actually awesome)

I read that, fascinating. The language was maybe a bit anthropomorphic but the theory is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Daisyworld showed how in theory, daisies could regulate the temperature of a planet.

recedite wrote: »
    Daisyworld showed how in theory, daisies could regulate the temperature of a planet.

Too many white daisies is a sign of the forthcoming daisyworld apocalypse

What about the pink edged ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

This is a disgusting thread! I have lost all respect for some posters now, especially looksee after s/he admitted to wanting to cut the heads off daisies. Poor little white daisies! :(

What about the pink edged ones?

They might be homosexual ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

The Chieftan: I forgive you.

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    This is a disgusting thread! I have lost all respect for some posters now, especially looksee after s/he admitted to wanting to cut the heads off daisies. Poor little white daisies! :(

I didn't say I wanted to, sometimes there is collateral damage to mowing the lawn, but it does look tidier.

I didn't say I wanted to, sometimes there is collateral damage to mowing the lawn, but it does look tidier.

So you're saying that you did something that didn't directly target the daisies, but made sure to try to save the daisies if at all possible even if that sadly resulted in the death of some daisies?

So you're saying that you did something that didn't directly target the daisies, but made sure to try to save the daisies if at all possible even if that sadly resulted in the death of some daisies?

Not good enough! The life of the daisies must be prioritised over the health of the grass!

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Not good enough! The life of the daisies must be prioritised over the health of the grass!

Sometimes daisies die but that is completely unrelated to the procedure as the intention is not to kill the daisies.

• Advertisement

If the object of having a lawn was to raise daisies, then it would make sense to prioritise the life of the daisy over the flourishing of the lawn, but lawns are not simply for daisy-raising. If there was a law that made it illegal to weed my lawn to eliminate unwanted daisies that were interfering with the function and health of the lawn, it would be an unjust law that everyone would see the sense in repealing.

Sometimes daisies die but that is completely unrelated to the procedure as the intention is not to kill the daisies.

Mowing the lawn is the wilful murder of innocent daisies. There is also the disgusting practice of using artificial means to prevent daisies from growing on the lawn. This must be outlawed. The purpose of the lawn is to produce daisies for as long as it is fertile enough to do so.

Haha against my better judgement I just clicked on the link in the OP. It was well worth it, I love crazy! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

With soon-to-be-President Trump itching [...]
    What a lovely image to have on my mind this rather lovely morning :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I'm with Pat and Gordon here - I'd like to extend my very fullest forgiveness towards you and all of Mr Trump's supporters.

And I'd like to offer you some of the forum's highly coveted coffee and buns too - please accept them and share likewise in your life!

378768.jpg

Hm. Is it a gluten-free bun?

Whenever i cut the lawn for my elderly mother, I always mow around the primroses.

It drives her nuts but i think they look nice

Whenever i cut the lawn for my elderly mother, I always mow around the primroses.

It drives her nuts but i think they look nice

Hey, nobody would try to stop anyone from growing a lawn full of daisies if they want to and can take care of it :)

Are you sure they're dead, maybe they can just grow back a new head?

Are you sure they're dead, maybe they can just grow back a new head?

Whisht, you are messing up the analogy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

This thread is raising all kinds of memories for me, and the guilt is becoming too much.

On a number of occasions last summer my lawn mower viciously attacked the daisies in my back garden. To my eternal shame, all I did was move the law mower to the front garden, where it did exactly the same. After that I put it in the garage where I knew it couldn't harm anymore daises. After two weeks I thought it had learned it lesson, but alas, it hadn't, I moved it quickly again to the front where the abuse continued.

It is currently in the garage. I will let it out again in the summer as I expect it is fully repentant now.

MrP

• Advertisement
Advertisement