Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimated readings

Options
  • 26-02-2016 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

A meter reader read the electricity meters yesterday. Today my bill has estimated readings. How come?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi MHP,

Thanks for your message.

If you received your Electric Ireland bill today then this may have been released from our system several days ago. Due to this if the reading was taken from the meter yesterday by ESB Networks then it may not have been received in time to issue your account with an accurate bill.

If you would like us to look into your account further could you please provide us with the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact telephone number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this would be sufficient)

We can then look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Thanks for the explanation Brige.

I have submitted correct readings online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi MHP,

Thanks for your message.

If you would like us to look into your account please don't hesitate to ask. By sending a private message, including the requested details, we can access your account and provide you with further information.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Just one more question. Now that I have supplied the correct readings, will a new bill be issued immediately or must I wait until the next bill in two months time for the correction to be made? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again MHP,

You would not be waiting until your next scheduled bill, an interim one-off bill will issue for you shortly after you submit the meter-reading.

The situation when an estimate may not go through and the customer would have to wait until the scheduled bill is released, would be when the customer submits a meter-reading too close to the issue of the scheduled bill. The most ideal time to submit a meter-reading for an accurate bill is after you receive an estimated scheduled bill.

Although, interim bills can be issued in the middle of a billing cycle if necessary, e.g. in the case of a person moving out.

Regards,
    Una

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement