Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission for Bayside shopping center demolition granted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There should be a €3million fine for anyone leaving cardboard boxes/bags behind at a bottle bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

neris wrote: »
    Is the creche mentioned open or are they putting in a unit for a creche?

Kidz club, its been there years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭BowWow

Planning Permission refused for the omission of the "Green" roof.

Good that that has to go ahead...

BowWow wrote: »

What is the green roof?

I'm sure I could search for the planning permission but that will take for ages :D

I'm sure I could search for the planning permission but that will take for ages :D

I'll meet you half way :P

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F19A/0628

• Advertisement

:D thanks.... Unfortunately I may aswell be reading Chinese.

This build is the longest build in history, totally takes the p!! Hopefully the supermarket will be in for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Does anyone know if the bakery is gone permanently? I see the unit is empty. Pity if it is gone

whodafunk wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the bakery is gone permanently? I see the unit is empty. Pity if it is gone

Kings was the only closure I've heard of precovid.

But if the unit is empty that doesn't sound good, they could be trading easily enough now.

The building site on top of them has had to impact trade, the same with the hardware then covid, tough times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Taking an age to finish it

• Advertisement

bri007 wrote: »
    Taking an age to finish it

Have to agree...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

If I'm understanding correctly. The developer has tried last minute changes to cheapen the build. Canceling a planned green roof and trying to just cement block it instead? And it was refused? Forcing them to build as proposed originally?
    If so that's good. Can't stand sneaky builds and changes to plans..
    Are we in year 9 of this build? :confused::D

Alicano wrote: »
    If I'm understanding correctly. The developer has tried last minute changes to cheapen the build. Canceling a planned green roof and trying to just cement block it instead? And it was refused? Forcing them to build as proposed originally?
    If so that's good. Can't stand sneaky builds and changes to plans..
    Are we in year 9 of this build? :confused::D

The whole build has been sneeky. If memory serves there was a delay as they wanted an extra floor on the apartments, the request went in halfway through the build.... Now totally open to correction as I'm not an engineer but would the foundations not have to be a different depth to hold an extra floor?... Obviously they already were as they got their extra floor.

Was the supermarket not due to open last year? Then it went to June, then November now February it's a total joke.

It maybe 9 year from planning but the old supermarket was open in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

It maybe 9 year from planning but the old supermarket was open in 2016.

The old spar? Wasn't that still there past summer 2017?

L wrote: »

Very easily. The years are rolling into one at this stage :) I just know it was open in 2016 as I had to buy baby formula (and then bring it back as the tin was rusted), funny what sticks in your mind. So not 9 yrs in a rubble mess.

The build is still a joke with how long it is taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

I was exaggerating with the 9 years :) It just feels like it.. Sistine chapel would have been built quicker :D

Alicano wrote: »
    I was exaggerating with the 9 years :) It just feels like it.. Sistine chapel would have been built quicker :D

:) yes it definitely feels like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Passed it yesterday, coming on nicely. Main focus is on the Aldi section which looks to be almost ready for internal works. Might see it open before year end as once they can get inside LIDL / ALDI finish the work in no time. Whole site should be finished in about 6months I would say, 9 months if weather takes its toll. Next up should be to refurb the Community Center adjacent to it but I doubt there is money for that.

Passed it yesterday, coming on nicely. Main focus is on the Aldi section which looks to be almost ready for internal works. Might see it open before year end as once they can get inside LIDL / ALDI finish the work in no time.

Press release says February opening.... But then they also said November and June before that so won't be holding my breath.

The montessori /after school "kidz klub" has also pulled out not really surprising as they should be in their new premises at this stage.

• Advertisement

L wrote: »

The old Londis/Eurospar/Centra was demolished in early 2018.

The old Londis/Eurospar/Centra was demolished in early 2018.

You forgot supervalu :D

Hardware/Flower shop opened in a new double unit on Thursday, around from Centra. Nice shop.

Parts of the actual centre are beginning to look good...

Hardware/Flower shop opened in a new double unit on Thursday, around from Centra. Nice shop.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I think the dry cleaners has moved in there too, sharing the space.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I think the dry cleaners has moved in there too, sharing the space.

Passed by today, Dry Cleaners operating from usual premises. Hardware looked busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Passed by today, Dry Cleaners operating from usual premises. Hardware looked busy.

im not sure you could call it a hardware anymore :/, more Home and Garden as it calls itself.

im not sure you could call it a hardware anymore :/, more Home and Garden as it calls itself.

Fair Comment..

• Advertisement

The view from the penthouse really overlooks the houses. I appreciate in any housing estate you have a certain amount of privacy issues but generally no one parks themselves in their bedroom window for an afternoon.

Sitting out on that balcony is a direct view into the bedrooms and there's not much you can do, as the balcony is there to be enjoyed.

Advertisement