Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn Product Range

• 26-02-2016 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

So, I was on the Quorn website and I see they have a large range of products on offer. http://www.quorn.co.uk/food/

I never seem to see any of these products other than the burgers or fillets when I'm out shopping. Although I only tend to shop in Aldi, Lidl and SuperValu these days.

Are there any outlets that stock a better range of Quorn products?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Tesco seem to have a decent range. Although not as many as on the website.
    Frozen section seems to be fairly big but the chilled section also has lasagnes & cottage pies. They are quite nice actually.
    I don't think I've ever seen Quorn in Supervalu though.
    I guess there is not enough demand for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭chewed

Yeah, it's a pity as there are some products on that site I'd love to try.

Lidl had a big Quorn promotion before xmas but now they don't have any of their products. I'll have to try Tesco (even though I don't like shopping there) to see if they have a better range.

Looking at that range, Tesco actually have most of it. I tried the rashers last week. Obviously they didn't taste anything like rashers but they were not bad all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Something of a change in my local Tesco in Rathmines, where there seem to more consistent Quorn stuff in the fridge than the freezer. What with the sausages, lasagna and sandwich slices. Dunnes in Rathmines had a better rotating stock in the freezer, with the hot dogs and the fillets, but I have not been in there in yonks, so can't vouch for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Dunnes are now stocking a huge range of Quorn products. In Dungarvan, they have two wall freezers stocked with only Quorn. Great range of veggie stuff there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Some Supervalu do have a limited range, but it's only in the frozen food section. Some Spars do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

JCs in Swords had a very good range, some products that I've never seen in other stores (my favourite is the southern fried chicken bites).
    I've not been there in a while so I don't know how good there range is now.

• Site Banned Posts: 70 ✭✭Sharklaser

The vegan chicken pieces and burgers are back on special offer in Dunnes (you can mix and match) 2 for €4

Sharklaser wrote: »
    The vegan chicken pieces and burgers are back on special offer in Dunnes (you can mix and match) 2 for €4

Thanks. Now get out of my way, I'm off to Dunnes......

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Those hot and spicy vegan burgers are unreal, so good.

I also noticed that the whole range was on special offer in Dunnes and stocked up today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

le_girl wrote: »
    Those hot and spicy vegan burgers are unreal, so good.

I also noticed that the whole range was on special offer in Dunnes and stocked up today.

Yeah, I had them for the first time yesterday. They're lovely!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

love those burgers.

The vegan stuff is in tesco now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

€4 a go in tesco :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

BMJD wrote: »
    €4 a go in tesco :eek:

Really? €4 for two Quorn products in Dunnes. I stocked up today. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah they hiked up the price of the vegan ones in tesco. The non vegan ones were about 3, same goes with the pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Good news: Quorn are going completely vegan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

I wonder how this will effect the cost of Quorn, the Vegan stuff they currently have is so much more expensive than their vegetarian range.

I've just seen the updated edit to the link I provided above- sadly that rumour appears to have taken flight from somewhere, but it wasn't from Quorn themselves. Due to a potato protein shortage they're not committing to rolling out a 100% vegan range just yet.

I suspect the potato protein shortage is why the vegan products are more expensive- that, and economy of scale.

Dammit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't mean to sound pedantic, Rami, but they talk about a shortage potato protein, not in potato starch. :o To be honest I didn't even know there was such a thing as potato protein, but the starch is very common and very cheap. It's a shame all the same.

Ah! You're right :o reading comprehension skillz still top-notch, clearly!
    Will change that now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Is there any consensus as to whether Quorn is actually healthy or not? Have been eating it for years yet still don't really know. Most of what I see online suggests that whilst it's not bad for you, there aren't any big health benefits either. Generally when I use Quorn I bulk it up with lots of vegetables too, I like Quorn more so for the texture and consistency than anything else.

Depends on what you mean by healthy. I eat it for protein, fat, carb, fibre so it does the trick. Don't see any reason it would be unhealthy. Especially the non-breaded stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Had some of the vegan burgers there for the first time this week - not very big are they? Rather bland too, so might be a while before trying them again. I presume the Quorn pieces are equally bland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Not certain if it's been rolled out nationwide, but Dunnes Rathmines have a 2-for-4 offer on most of their Quorn range. Even a lot of their newer stuff (well, new to Dunnes Rathmines, at least)is included. In other news, the Quorn gammon strikes me as what a slipper sole would taste like, but the meatballs are fantastic.

LIDL have also been selling Quorn recently, with introductory prices, but the products are stickered "while stocks last", so I dunno if it's going to be continuous thing or what. It would make sense if they did, as LIDL's own brand of veg, fast-food gear is limited to bean, veg and cauliflower-cheese burgers.

Quorn sausages are sold in my local Supervalu at a bargain €1.25 a bag!! They are delicious, they taste like sage and rosemary, and are to die for with garlic mayonnaise.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Not certain if it's been rolled out nationwide, but Dunnes Rathmines have a 2-for-4 offer on most of their Quorn range. Even a lot of their newer stuff (well, new to Dunnes Rathmines, at least)is included. In other news, the Quorn gammon strikes me as what a slipper sole would taste like, but the meatballs are fantastic.

LIDL have also been selling Quorn recently, with introductory prices, but the products are stickered "while stocks last", so I dunno if it's going to be continuous thing or what. It would make sense if they did, as LIDL's own brand of veg, fast-food gear is limited to bean, veg and cauliflower-cheese burgers.

Lidl only have them on specials so once sold they'll be gone :( tesco also have various Quorn on offer at the moment 3 for €8

Advertisement