Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC build recommendation?

Options
  • 26-02-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I'm looking for a new gaming PC. I haven't followed PC tech since I built my last system so I could use some input on what's current these days. I use my computer a lot for browsing etc. blu Ray movies. And I do a bit of light programming work for college and stuff. So I'd like a nice fast system.

Also I have a PC already that I built nearly 6 years ago. But it's on it's last legs. It's getting very slow and starting to fail to start and shut down randomly a lot. So I'm looking into a whole new system more than an upgrade. Although I can salvage some parts from it. Keeping in mind I can only really pull the parts from it that aren't too outdated or starting to perform unreliably (I'm not sure which are the whole system is just starting to show its age). The specs are:

Case: Antec 1200
    Cpu: Intel i7 720
    Ram: 6gb ddr3
    Gpu: gtx 460
    Motherboard: Asus rampage 3 extreme
    Power supply: (I forget but I remember it was a high wattage one)
    OS: Windows 7 (can I still install this and upgrade to Windows 10 for free)
    Cd drive: blu Ray
    Hdd: seagate 750gb
    Ssd: ocz vertex 2 80gb

Budget €1000 (maybe stretch to €1500) and I already have a 23" 1080p monitor, mouse + keyboard.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Keeping your RAM and getting an i5 4460 and an R9 390 with a board would set you back about €575

Or get an i5 6500, H170 board, 8gb RAM and an R9 390 would knock €720

The second build is cutting edge and probably worth it. Leaves lots of room for new case or hard drives if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

Thanks for that I'll look into it. I'd be opting for the more expensive options as my budget will allow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Splash spare cash at 1440p free sync monitor and your happy out for a few more years

Advertisement