Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonlegee Road

Options
  • 26-02-2016 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking at a house on the Tonlegee Road (near Limewood Ave) at the moment that I'm considering buying. I don't really know the area though, and am wondering if anyone knows if it's a nice area or not? Is there good public transport links to town and good schools in the area?

TIA!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Grand area, the Tonlegee Road is not best served by a bus to town, only the 17A actually goes on the road, and that's an orbital route, close-ish to Dart and M50, cinema, leisureplex and three or four shopping centres near (Donaghmede, Northside, Clare Hall, Artane Castle).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

27a would probably be your regular bus to town. It goes a route that's a bit all over the place, plus you'd have to walk a little bit to get it, but it's every half hour or so.
    29a is a bit further of a walk, but a slightly more frequent service - every 20 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

It used to be a bit of a rough area as it is surrounded by Kilbarrack, Edenmore, Coolock... not sure about now as don't live nearby anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Tonlegee Road area is fine, plenty of schools in the area, plenty of bus connections nearby and the surrounding areas have indeed quietened down substantially. However the only thing that would put me off is that it's a very busy road traffic-wise. Make sure the house has good windows to reduce noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Road noise is a big issue also the houses are VERY damp. Single bricked house no cavity blocks so cannot insulate it only from the outside if that makes sense. Not a house I would buy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement