Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting raw credit card account transaction data.

Options
  • 26-02-2016 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi been using the on line facility to get data in CSV format (download to excel), which is brilliant for account management, especially transaction reconciliation in a paperless process. 

I was also using the table format for statements, which i could copy and paste into excel. However now i can only see pdf files.

Are you going to provide a means of getting raw data (like for current accounts) for credit card statements, so i don't have to go back to getting paper statements in the post, to manually reconcile ?

Cheers
    Gerry in Leixlip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon FishD, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie

The export option is still available and can be used for all recent transactions on your current account. While the export option was never available on Credit Card Accounts, it was possible to copy and paste the details from the Account Summaries into an excel sheet. 

Since the introduction of electronic statements, the export and copy and paste facilities which you would have used for your statements are no longer available as all eStatements now print in PDF format. 

We apologies if this has caused any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FishD

Thanks Elaine for the quick reply. 

This creates a significant burden for me, as i use my credit card for many of my business and online transactions. To move away from the 'table format', without providing an alternative (csv) raw data option for users is a regressive step, in and environment when information is becoming more open and manageable, it is very customer 'unfriendly'. 

While i had moved to the paperless statements, i will now be forced back to getting paper statements, and carry out manual reconciliation. I feel its time to look at what other providers of credit card services can offfer. 

Regards
    Gerry in Leixlip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

FishD wrote: »
    Thanks Elaine for the quick reply. 

This creates a significant burden for me, as i use my credit card for many of my business and online transactions. To move away from the 'table format', without providing an alternative (csv) raw data option for users is a regressive step, in and environment when information is becoming more open and manageable, it is very customer 'unfriendly'. 

While i had moved to the paperless statements, i will now be forced back to getting paper statements, and carry out manual reconciliation. I feel its time to look at what other providers of credit card services can offfer. 

Regards
    Gerry in Leixlip.
    Good Afternoon Gerry, 

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear it is no longer convenient to you. We will pass your comments on. Thanks for taking the time to post, we do appreciate all comments. 

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MPD

I second the above issue. There is no point to eStatements  if the data output is not in a format usable by other applications. Worse the  pdf statements are locked from copying for some unknown reason ( don't say "security" - it is my data and the pdf are not locked for reading... ) This needs to be fixed asap or you will loose one more customer.  

BR Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MostlyLurks

This absolutely ridiculous.  I was on to some in BOI a while ago and they told me the same thing "We will pass your comments on" Does that do any good?  Do any comments come back to why it is like that?
    As far as I can see I cant even save my credit card statement to pdf anymore.
    Can you let us know if this is ever going to change?

• Advertisement

Hi Folks, 

Just to give you an update on this thread. 

We now have a fantastic new online facility for personal principle card holders called Card Care which will allow you to download and export all transaction for the past year to excel. If you register now you can immediately action this request. There is a wide range of other service feature such as check your up to date balance including pending transactions, view your pin number online and request a limit increase. 

To register for this service and for more information please see here

We would like to thank you for all your feedback on this matter. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Hi Folks, 

We now have a fantastic new online facility for personal principle card holders called Card Care which will allow you to download and export all transaction for the past year to excel. If you register now you can immediately action this request. There is a wide range of other service feature such as check your up to date balance including pending transactions, view your pin number online and request a limit increase. 

To register for this service and for more information please see

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks For this. Sounds good. Guess some of the comments got through. :)
    But at the moment I am getting
    Your details cannot be validated. Please try again.
    I have doubled checked everything but did get it wrong the first time.
    Any ideas what the problem is?

Hi Folks, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Mostlylurks, 

Glad to hear your about this new service :-)

When registering for Card Care please ensure that your Mothers Maiden Name, Date of Birth and name on your card (including the title i.e. Mr) matches exactly what we have on our systems. If you've confirmed this and are still getting 'your details can not be validated' please call 0818 251 251 where a representative will be happy to update your details or confirm the exact format. We're aware that this department are current experiencing a high volume of calls however, once your up and running on Card Care this system will help with most queries. Our customer service team are open till 8pm this evening and reopen tomorrow from 8am to 6pm and Sunday from 10am to 5pm. 

Just to mention, once registered, to export transactions, just go to 'Transactions', Select the period you wish to review and then click download from the left hand side of the screen. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Hi Folks, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Mostlylurks, 

When registering for Card Care please ensure that your Mothers Maiden Name, Date of Birth and name on your card (including the title i.e. Mr) matches exactly what we have on our systems. If you've confirmed this and are still getting 'your details can not be validated' please call 0818 251 251 where a representative will be happy to update your details or confirm the exact format. We're aware that this department are current experiencing a high volume of calls however, once your up and running on Card Care this system will help with most queries. Our customer service team are open till 8pm this evening and reopen tomorrow from 8am to 6pm and Sunday from 10am to 5pm. 

Just to mention, once registered, to export transactions, just go to 'Transactions', Select the period you wish to review and then click download from the left hand side of the screen. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine. 
    I Finally got back to this and the problem was a space on the card that is not in my name usually.
    And the export functionality is great (once you figure out it is on the Transactions page even for historic ones. :)  )

Thanks for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Folks, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Mostlylurks, 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine. 
    I Finally got back to this and the problem was a space on the card that is not in my name usually.
    And the export functionality is great (once you figure out it is on the Transactions page even for historic ones. :)  )

Thanks for your help!
    Hi MostlyLurks,
    Glad to hear you've access now and that you're enjoying the new service, please get in touch again if you need anything else. 
    Thanks
    Nicola

• Advertisement
Advertisement