Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens alarm - help!!

Options
  • 26-02-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Afternoon all - long time lurker but first time poster. After reading various threads on here I decided to go for a Siemens alarm. House is a new build and electricians has first fix for the alarm done. I connected all the sensors without any issue. Have the new keypad (spk521?) and it lights up and says the version but no interaction on it.

Am I meant to be programming it from a PC or the keypad? I must be doing something basic wrong but can't get the keypad to work at all (apart from it lighting up and saying the version!)

Last question - does it need end of line resisters or can it work without them. If it does - do those resisters go in parallel or series with the last contact.

Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The panel needs to be upgraded to 3-6-0 or higher for the521 keypad to work.
    I will PM you the latest stable firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Apple of my eye

You're a gentleman! I'll let you know how it goes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome. Come back to me if you need anything.

Advertisement