Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gordon Ramsey.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_WLdazt2TQ

6mins 15secs fight starts, they aren't touching gloves, they're going straight in is how it looks to me.

We'll agree to disagree, to me it looks like mcgregor raised his hands to touch gloves, brandao raised his hand to meet it and mcgregor went for a spin kick to the midsection.

Gordon Ramsay in the crowd tonight, mmmmm the equivalent of a ring girl to a female :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hard to believe Thatch was tipped to beat Bendo last year, massively overhyped and his cardio isn't good enough at this level of the sport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

How bad is Thatch,whitebelt grappling level no gas tank,can be sure he trains nothing but stand up.

Thatch is awful on his back. Has absolutely nothing for Siyar Bahadurzada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Thatch is useless men. Imagine getting dominated by a man who hasn't fought in 2 and a half years. Unless you're TJ Dillashaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Thatch is a joke.

A complete quitter,cut him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

That_Guy wrote: »
    The oddest complaint I've ever seen on boards....
    I don't mind it being on late. But 5am for the main card is crazy. It's too awkward a time for me. I wrote a letter of complaint addressed to Dana White but heard nothing back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

Bit sick of all this celebrity nonsense. Who gives a sh!te what non entity is ringside or cares what they tweet. It's near constant.

Thatch is fecked here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

5 for 5 in my 50 cent risky accumulator. Shevchenko, Lawlor, Latifi, Tate & Diaz left. When do I cash out? :pac:

Very good performance from Siyar Bahadurzada. Thatch has nothing on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Embarrassing for Thatch (and my Pick 'Em :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Thatch was awful.

Bisping and silva went at it five rounds and some of these younger fellas are barely able to get past two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Lights On wrote: »
    5 for 5 in my 50 cent risky accumulator. Shevchenko, Lawlor, Latifi, Tate & Diaz left. When do I cash out? :pac:

Do you have an early cash out option? What will it pay if you cash out now?

Cash out after Latifi.. Providing you're still alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cracking card so far this. I just wish I wasn't so tired so I could appreciate it more rather than wanting it to fly by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Some card so far.

Paully D wrote: »
    Cracking card so far this. I just wish I wasn't so tired so I could appreciate it more rather than wanting it to fly by.

Have a coffee and strap on a pair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭lertsnim

sonic85 wrote: »
    Bit sick of all this celebrity nonsense. Who gives a sh!te what non entity is ringside or cares what they tweet. It's near constant.

Thatch is fecked here

FOX will want Ramsay shown to promote whatever ****e he has running over there at the moment. The likes of Anthony Kiedis being shown is expected at this stage. It is tweets that are put on screen that annoy me. I don't think anyone gives a bollocks about what that lad from One Direction thinks.

Gamebred wrote: »

He blends in with the tiles in my kitchen!

Di Caprio is there to see the goat,gsp too.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Do you have an early cash out option? What will it pay if you cash out now?

€21.78 if I go out now, will probably hold until the Tate fight though and hopefully the next two come good! 5k if Tate & Diaz win as well though :o

Jon Jones is fighting at 197. Leo will be mortified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Had Bahadurzada their @5/2

First round I thought tatch was going to knock him out, that kick hurt Bahadurzada really bad.

On the ground I expected more from Thatch ( never seen him before but my mate whos a big fan says he should of done better on the ground)

Its like he just gave up he was nackered.

On an upwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sounds like Siyar Bahadurzada has had a very tough time over the last couple of years. Nice to see him get the W.

€21.78 if I go out now, will probably hold until the Tate fight though and hopefully the next two come good! 5k if Tate & Diaz win as well though :o

5k?? Jaysus.... I was happy with my €180 when mcgregor wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

lertsnim wrote: »
    FOX will want Ramsay shown to promote whatever ****e he has running over there at the moment. The likes of Anthony Kiedis being shown is expected at this stage. It is tweets that are put on screen that annoy me. I don't think anyone gives a bollocks about what that lad from One Direction thinks.

It all annoys me! Some country singer hope solo wilmer valderrama FFS! He hasn't been relevant since that 70s show whenever that ended! Celebrities me hole

Is tom lawlor gonna walk out like mcgregor I wonder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Had Bahadurzada their @5/2

First round I thought tatch was going to knock him out, that kick hurt Bahadurzada really bad.

On the ground I expected more from Thatch ( never seen him before but my mate whos a big fan says he should of done better on the ground)

Its like he just gave up he was nackered.

On an upwards

had him too, ti win and by decision at 10/1 the greedy motherf

For a card that many wrote off (including myself), it's been very entertaining.

Honestly, I'd cash out after the next fight. I fancy lawlor to win as well but thats a fight that could go any way. Depending on the size of your balls though, Latifi is as close to nailed on as anything on this card, so it might be wrth holding out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

He's there for Nate, if anything kicks off he'll be right there with Nick and Shields.

11378203_103725423308076_642626232_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Embarrassing for Thatch (and my Pick 'Em :( )

I had him as well by ko...need to just accept he can knock out mediocre fighters but is not near the top 15 in the division...his take down defence, ground game and conditioning are below what I'd expect to see at any pro fight back home. He simply gave up though

• Advertisement

John_D80 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd cash out after the next fight. I fancy lawlor to win as well but thats a fight that could go any way. Depending on the size of your balls though, Latifi is as close to nailed on as anything on this card, so it might be wrth holding out for him.

Yeah it's the Lawlor one that has me worried the most. I'll probably just ride it through to the Tate fight and hopefully I'll have a bit to cash out before that one if all goes my way. Only 50 cent at the end of the day so won't break me too much!

johnpro wrote: »
    I had him as well by ko...need to just accept he can knock out mediocre fighters but is not near the top 15 in the division...his take down defence, ground game and conditioning are below what I'd expect to see at any pro fight back home. He simply gave up though

Crazy to think he was being touted as a potential title contender just a short while ago. Just goes to show, hype can be a dangerous thing.

Nunes is going to fuck shit up.

My fight pass is acting the prick, can someone tell me when the action starts again.

Talking to someone on the ufc fight pass live chat and they keep saying that Jim miller is live now and I'm not missing anything :D

Yeah it's the Lawlor one that has me worried the most. I'll probably just ride it through to the Tate fight and hopefully I'll have a bit to cash out before that one if all goes my way. Only 50 cent at the end of the day so won't break me too much!

Keep us posted with running totals as you go along. Best of luck. Rooting for you.

• Advertisement

Some jaw on her. But I think she is getting beat here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭lertsnim

PandaPoo wrote: »
    My fight pass is acting the prick, can someone tell me when the action starts again.

Talking to someone on the ufc fight pass live chat and they keep saying that Jim miller is live now and I'm not missing anything :D

First fight is walking out to the octagon now

Vaseline cam!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This should be a war!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Think so too, but Shevchenko will be a big test I think.

lertsnim wrote: »
    First fight is walking out to the octagon now

Thanks, had to log out and log back in and Im sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Someones having some fun on wikipedia tonight

379542.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Schevchenko proving to be very hard to hit so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

From Ariel:
    GSP isn't the type to come to Vegas to just hang out and watch fights. He played coy and I asked about 200 and McGregor. Very interesting.

Imagine Conor vs GSP at UFC 200 :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement