Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Gamebred wrote: »
    I'll post this again for you sweety.

Conor McGregor is 5'9.

There are 23 fighters standing at 5'10 or above in FW: 32%
    There are 13 fighters standing at 5'9: 18%
    There are 17 fighters standing at 5'8: 24%
    There are 14 fighters standing at 5'7: 19%
    There are 5 fighters standing at 5'6: 7%

Average height: 5'9

1/2 of the FW roster is either the same height as Conor or taller.
    1/3 of the FW roster is taller than Conor.
    1/4 of the FW roster is only 1" shorter than him.

They are the facts,half of the division is the same height or bigger.

Post the stats for the ones Connor "the midget slayer" actually fought though, also anyone else think Connor was saved by the bell in the first? He looked tired and nate looked to be reversing his guard into mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

He's been fighting midgets.

This guy is still blowing on? :rolleyes:

Any more conspiracy theories for us mulder?

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you are claiming that the UFC paid RDA to back out of the fight with Conor and used a photoshopped picture of his foot.

Comedy gold!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Luke Thomas breakdown, very fair and balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqD-kdF7khU

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

gallag wrote: »
    Post the stats for the ones Connor "the midget slayer" actually fought though, also anyone else think Connor was saved by the bell in the first? He looked tired and nate looked to be reversing his guard into mount.

But its a division of midgets? Will I post the stats of Jon Jones wins? he should be at heavyweight hes beating midgets like cormier and sonnen vitor machida rasha,height advantage over all of them so his wins are meaningless fraud if he doesnt go heavyweight isnt he.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

I'll post this again for you sweety.

Conor McGregor is 5'9.

There are 23 fighters standing at 5'10 or above in FW: 32%
    There are 13 fighters standing at 5'9: 18%
    There are 17 fighters standing at 5'8: 24%
    There are 14 fighters standing at 5'7: 19%
    There are 5 fighters standing at 5'6: 7%

Average height: 5'9

1/2 of the FW roster is either the same height as Conor or taller.
    1/3 of the FW roster is taller than Conor.
    1/4 of the FW roster is only 1" shorter than him.

They are the facts,half of the division is the same height or bigger.

Why do you keep posting about all the fighters he hasn't fought?

Go fetch me the stats for the fights he has fought..sweety.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Chris.

But its a division of midgets? Will I post the stats of Jon Jones wins? he should be at heavyweight hes beating midgets like cormier and sonnen vitor machida rasha,height advantage over all of them so his wins are meaningless fraud if he doesnt go heavyweight isnt he.

There's no pint arguing with them, their arguments are one dimensional and only apply to Conor. Pointing out a fact like that will not even register with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

In what universe are poirier, Holloway and Aldo midgets?

This is brilliant!

https://streamable.com/rz5e

Chris. wrote: »
    There's no pint arguing with them, their arguments are one dimensional and only apply to Conor. Pointing out a fact like that will not even register with them.

You're right,they have no idea who any of the fighters are,they know of Conor Aldo RDA and Nate at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Diaz is taller and bigger than McGregor.

Does it invalidate his victory that he beat a "midget"?

• Advertisement

Your just in a very convoluted way side stepping the fact that conner has enjoyed significant reach, hight and weight advantages in his FW bouts, first time he is at a disadvantage in this regard he was schooled by a journey man who spent the first day of his 10 day training camp sitting on the sh1tter in Mexico. You are pulling all the stats out that are not relevant, conner career has been fighting little guys many of whom had no proper training camp!!!

Let's see if Gamebred comes back with meaningful stats this time of the height and reach differences of the fighters McGregor has actually fought.

ftw.usatoday.com/2016/03/ufc-196-conor-mcgregor-hype-trash-talk-nate-diaz

I tend to agree with this analysis.

hard to argue that that's not true.

Let's see if Gamebred comes back with meaningful stats this time of the height and reach differences of the fighters McGregor has actually fought.

Meaningful stats? Christ. Just a few hours ago you were claiming that Aldo was stripped of his belt for not fighting Conor and the UFC are faking pictures of RDA's foot and paying him backhanders not to fight!!!

How about some meaningful stats to back up the absolute blather and outright lies you are spouting in here?

You seriously do not have a clue judging by your posts mate. Its laughable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,420 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Diaz outboxed McGregor with 10 day notice, no sparring, and food poisoning.

McGregor is a one trick pony, when his left isn't there he has nothing.

Diaz lost the first round comfortably and was losing the first half of the 2nd round also. Then Conor got tired, slowed down and Nate unsurprisingly managed to find it easier to hit a target that was not moving much any more. Not sure I'd class that as outboxing someone.

If Conor didn't gas so badly there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't have kept winning the stand up.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Meaningful stats? Christ. Just a few hours ago you were claiming that Aldo was stripped of his belt for not fighting Conor and the UFC are faking pictures of RDA's foot and paying him backhanders not to fight!!!

How about some meaningful stats to back up the absolute blather and outright lies you are spouting in here?

Its getting amusing now,I think the pair of them are the same person hilarious posts,steam coming off their keyboards Conor has got the poor lads seething,im guessing they lost a fortune on Aldo and now its virtual payback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Diaz lost the first round comfortably and was losing the first half of the 2nd round also. Then Conor got tired, slowed down and Nate unsurprisingly managed to find it easier to hit a target that was not moving much any more. Not sure I'd class that as outboxing someone.

If Conor didn't gas so badly there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't have kept winning the stand up.

I believe in boxing ali called it the rope a dope.

I know of someone called the sponge that absorbs a beating for a bit, letting the person tire themselves out. There is more to it than just throwing more

Gamebred threw up stats of all fighters in FW so will be easier to get the stats of the ones mcgregor has fought. Still waiting Gamebred...

Connor was saved by the bell in the first, definitely looked like nate was going to get a leg or arm etc. You seen how tired he came out in the second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,420 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I believe in boxing ali called it the rope a dope.

I really don't think Nate expected Conor to tire as quickly as he did. And I doubt he just accepted being punched in the face to tire him out.

Its getting amusing now,I think the pair of them are the same person hilarious posts,steam coming off their keyboards Conor has got the poor lads seething,im guessing they lost a fortune on Aldo and now its virtual payback.

Yourself and John D thanking each others posts. Ye must be rightly peeved off Conor tapped out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

I'm just gonna put in that I find watching both sides of this get riled up to be highly amusing.

Thanks for the entertainment lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Yourself and John D thanking each others posts. Ye must be rightly peeved off Conor tapped out.

Pretty sure Gamebred has been stripped of his keyboard and has injured his typing fingers (pic to follow) and has been paid off by the mods not to post a reply to you and various other dumb conspiracy theories which I have no basis to say but shur I will anyway.

Gamebred threw up stats of all fighters in FW so will be easier to get the stats of the ones mcgregor has fought. Still waiting Gamebred...

Google doesn't work in your house?

Its actually sad how you are missing his very relevant point. Either that or you are just letting on that you are missing because you realise that you just sound stupid with the guff you are coming out with and just want to save face.

To be honest though you lost all credibility when you came out with all your conspiracy theories.

JustShon wrote: »
    I'm just gonna put in that I find watching both sides of this get riled up to be highly amusing.

Thanks for the entertainment lads.

Enjoy it while you can because all these guys will crawl back under a rock in the next week or so and we won't hear from them again til McGregor's next fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

He was demolished. Technically McGregor is better than Nate, but that counts for very little as he's just too weak to take out these bigger guys, especially a warhorse like Nate. And any change he makes to be "more efficient with his energy" won't make one blind bit of difference in a rematch with Diaz (does he copyright a new buzz word/phrase for every fight?) . He may have a very slim chance of nicking a points win in a 3 round fight, but that's highly unlikely too. Nate would catch him and beat him down by midway through the 3rd round at latest imo. Over 5 rounds McGregor may as well just forget about it

A number of posters, including yourself, seem to be of the deluded opinion if you cant KO someone you can’t win a fight. If this was the case the Diaz brothers would be WW and LW champs and Big Country would have had a long reign as HW champion.

In his long career we’ve barely ever seen Nate get badly hurt in fights, yet look at the number of losses he has on his record. Nate has holes in his game and there are a number of clear paths to beat him. Being the significantly smaller fighter and lacking the skillset McGregor wouldn’t be able for the grinding style that has worked for some but he definitely has the tools to attack the lead leg and body of Nate and go for the bigger shots when he has slowed down and is worried about taking further damage to those areas.

McGregor literally did the worst thing you can do against a Diaz and if he fought with the same stupid game plan I’d see it going the way you say, but if he fought intelligently it would be a whole different fight.

Can you not see how game plans make the difference in fights?

I am extremely extremely peeved off. A lot more than I thought I would be.

Gamebred, of all people, is taking it very well to his credit.

Whats your point?

Enjoy it while you can because all these guys will crawl back under a rock in the next week or so and we won't hear from them again til McGregor's next fight.

Correction...... until McGregors next loss :-)

So is there any place in the community for people who discovered the sport because of McGregor's hype, and are fans of McGregor, but who don't get mad offended at people sh1t-talking him?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Chris.

Height and reach stats would be irrelevant. We have weight divisions not height and reach divisions. Not every fighter can use that advantage nor can every fighter get past that advantage.

But if your going to persist with that argument at least acknowledge the height and reach of Diaz in the fight. Which in my opinion was only a small factor in the loss. Cardio was the biggest factor. By your logic Diaz just beat a midget so the win doesn't mean anything.

• Advertisement

Google doesn't work in your house?

Its actually sad how you are missing his very relevant point. Either that or you are just letting on that you are missing because you realise that you just sound stupid with the guff you are coming out with and just want to save face.

To be honest though you lost all credibility when you came out with all your conspiracy theories.

I want to hear it from the horses mouth.

I'll tell you, none of the last 6 fighters McGregor has beaten has been taller or had more reach than him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Are you not embarrassed to be posting about something you have no idea about.

You are coming across as a tinfoil hat wearing simpleton.

Maybe go back to discussing the late late show every week, more up your street id say.

Height and reach stats would be irrelevant. We have weight divisions not height and reach divisions. Not every fighter can use that advantage nor can every fighter get past that advantage.

But if your going to persist with that argument at least acknowledge the height and reach of Diaz in the fight. Which in my opinion was only a small factor in the loss. Cardio was the biggest factor. By your logic Diaz just beat a midget so the win doesn't mean anything.

Joe Rogan was advocating stopping the dehydration for weigh in.

There's a serious flaw in the categorisation. McGregors coach has said he finds it extremely tough to make weight.

Oh and WTF was gamebred posting about height and reach so if that's the case??

mdwexford wrote: »
    Are you not embarrassed to be posting about something you have no idea about.

You are coming across as a tinfoil hat wearing simpleton.

Maybe go back to discussing the late late show every week, more up your street id say.

Are you calling me a simpleton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

bur wrote: »
    Next level? What does that even mean, compared to who?

Diaz with a full camp/sparring etc is getting tagged a lot less in the first round. How does Conor hurt him throwing less often and with less force if he couldn't hurt him with those bombs? against someone with a ten day camp no less.
    Think you just need to accept that at this moment in time, Nate Diaz is just a better more well rounded martial artist, is a bad match-up stylistically for Conor and beats him more often than not.

Compared to the every other featherweight and the majority of lightweights.

Diaz with a full camp will obviously will be better but you completely overlook the fact that Conor with a full camp for Nate will have far more practice fighting on the inside.

There is a huge difference preparing for those fights, I don't care what Kavanagh or Conor say, they do prepare for the opponent.

Diaz in a way for Conor was a kryptonite to Conor's pressure style. He weathered the storm and let Conor expend energy while absorbing a large amount of damage. If Conor worked the body more in the early exchanges no way Nate has the same energy in the second.

He should have spammed leg kicks too, full camp Nate or not, he is always open to leg kicks because of his stubborn attitude to keeping a boxing stance.

So I don't think it's as clear cut as you put it. Nate has excellent boxing, probably one of the best in MMA but I believe Conor is still a good bit more technically gifted then him.

So is there any place in the community for people who discovered the sport because of McGregor's hype, and are fans of McGregor, but who don't get mad offended at people sh1t-talking him?

I'd have the same reaction if the **** talk was being directed at another fighter. What bothers me is people just coming on here to **** talk and not actually contribute anything worthwhile. Seems to me people are just trying to get a reaction.

Are you calling me a simpleton?

Do you have reading comprehension difficulties.

I want to hear it from the horses mouth.

I'll tell you, none of the last 6 fighters McGregor has beaten has been taller or had more reach than him

Same could be said for Jon Jones record with the exception of Alexander Gustaffson (who is one inch taller but has a significantly shorter reach).

So is Jon Jones also fighting midgets then??

mdwexford wrote: »
    Do you have reading comprehension difficulties.

Yep. Are you calling me a simpleton?

Same could be said for Jon Jones record with the exception of Alexander Gustaffson (who is one inch taller but has a significantly shorter reach).

So is Jon Jones also fighting midgets then??

You just answered your own question there.

• Advertisement

Yep. Are you calling me a simpleton?

Im not a teacher.

Maybe someone at your local pre school can help, good luck on your journey to become fully literate.

I'd have the same reaction if the **** talk was being directed at another fighter. What bothers me is people just coming on here to **** talk and not actually contribute anything worthwhile. Seems to me people are just trying to get a reaction.

It puts me off actually offering an opinion, if I say anything about McGregor I'll wind up with a sh1tstorm directed my way, whether it's positive or negative.

Good ol' Dana White proving it's all about the money.

8qZ6qFm.png

Anyways ive decided not to reply to the obvious morons posting rubbish back onto the fight discussion,

Conor threw ONE leg kick in the whole fight,that is awful fight IQ for somebody like him,RDA chewed it up and made his boxing completely redundant,I also find his lead leg kick that got him taken down at the end of the first was very poor and thrown lazily.

You just answered your own question there.

Mcgregor fought a taller opponent with a shorter reach in Max Holloway.

Jon Jones fought a taller opponent with a shorter reach in Gustaffson.

So that means in your estimation they both only fight midgets?

You are really reaching now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Joe Rogan was advocating stopping the dehydration for weigh in.

There's a serious flaw in the categorisation. McGregors coach has said he finds it extremely tough to make weight.

Oh and WTF was gamebred posting about height and reach so if that's the case??

Diaz and his coaches have stated how difficult it is for him to make 155, yet he does and fights ‘midgets’.

It puts me off actually offering an opinion, if I say anything about McGregor I'll wind up with a sh1tstorm directed my way, whether it's positive or negative.

Sorry you feel that way but if you read back through the posts there are plenty of positives and negatives said about McGregor's performance. It's all in the approach. I think generally people that come to offer an opinion and not just try and wind people up rarely if ever, get attacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

"So close many times"... that's because Diaz avoided them.

That was the point i was making

Honestly mate if you are here to offer an opinion or ask a question, and not wind people up, you will definitely find this one of the more welcoming forums on boards.

• Advertisement

Mcgregor fought a taller opponent with a shorter reach in Max Holloway.

Jon Jones fought a taller opponent with a shorter reach in Gustaffson.

So that means in your estimation they both only fight midgets?

You are really reaching now.

He is..but in fairness you do have a reach advantage and he is a midget.

Advertisement