Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Hazys wrote: »
    I think Conor's mind games aren't working as well as it did against other opponents mostly because Nate is too stupid to understand it or let it register in his brain.

Hilarious at the end of that segment Nate askes "what's a Gazelle anyway? This is America" Conor had basically been calling Nate and his team Gazelles all week, Nate had no clue what that was in reference too or why it was insulting

Yes because if he was clever enough to understand the gazelle joke he would have been beat mentally by crushing nature of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I think that was a scum move from McGregor. Really could cause an injury. If he stood his ground and not walked into Diaz's hand nothing happens.
    He lost his cool at Aldo pulling the p*ss with the wide karate stance before.
    It's still all part of the hype but punching like that is way out of order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Hazys wrote: »
    I think Conor's mind games aren't working as well as it did against other opponents mostly because Nate is too stupid to understand it or let it register in his brain.

Hilarious at the end of that segment Nate askes "what's a Gazelle anyway? This is America" Conor had basically been calling Nate and his team Gazelles all week, Nate had no clue what that was in reference too or why it was insulting

and so what?
    do we have to know what a gazelle is ?
    Is that particular point a prerequisite to declaring we have some intelligence.

I think conor's mind games don't work cos Nate in his own words "doesn't give a fcuk" . simple as.

It will be interesting to see how conor gets on against a bigger opponent who can take punishment.

Still tip conor to win though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Think I'll bail from reading the MMA forum until Sunday. Or maybe everyone could just not be idiots for a while? Yeah, probably not.

G'luck fellas...especially the mods!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Davei141 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I'll just post this Gif again. Plenty of room between his fist and Conors face, until Conor steps towards it. There is a reason Gamebred posts a still instead of a Gif...

It is amazing how so many stare downs go down like that without punches thrown. Slap the hand and pushing it away is pretty common.

What are you trying to get out of your crusade about this faceoff scuffle? nobodys gives a **** about it your so wound up by McGregor its not even funny you'd swear he killed a child or something have you nothing better to do seriously?

Anyways I see Diaz's manager put a warning out to Irish fans saying they'll be slapped what a moron!

Nick v Conor will happen next year imo the revenge for Conor ko'ing his brother it will be build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I think Conor is slightly rattled. He isn't getting to his opponent like he has with previous ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

JustTheOne wrote: »
    This right here what would anyone do in that situation?

Do what Lawler did, I'd find that more intimidating than punching a hand away

maxresdefault.jpg

If Conor or Nate is rattled what is the word you'd describe Aldo as? he was mentally broken going into that fight months in advance I see this as completely different tbh I think theres tension there and thats about it,Remember Conor flinging hats at Brandao ect this is nothing new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Gamebred wrote: »
    What are you trying to get out of your crusade about this faceoff scuffle? nobodys gives a **** about it your so wound up by McGregor its not even funny you'd swear he killed a child or something have you nothing better to do seriously?

Funny how defensive you get when your nonsense is pointed out. The GIF shows that Nate didn't stick his fist in McGs face, something which you claimed.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Funny how defensive you get when your nonsense is pointed out. The GIF shows that Nate didn't stick his fist in McGs face, something which you claimed.

What nonsense are you on about go back and read my post probably,I said Nate put his fist in Conors face,that my friend is a FACT,or are you disputing that?

You are praying for a miracle and Conor losing but once again this weekend you go into seeth mode when the goat ko'd an other body,its eats you alive try letting it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Yeah possibly but he couldnt let Nate get away with putting his fist in his face so you cant blame him reacting,maybe he overeacted but who cares no damage was done its all what if's.

CcqlPtZWEAE12vk.jpg

This is your post. Look at the GIF, Nate takes that stance and McG is the one that moves towards him.

In regards to fight, I have said multiple times that I see McG winning comfortably.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Who gives a shít? Christ.

Talk about the fúcking fight or fúck off somewhere else with your nonsense.

There's been very little talk about Holm/Tate. Anyone any ideas about this one? Is Holm a one hit wonder (no pun intended) or do ya reckon she'll get the job done again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Davei141 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I'll just post this Gif again. Plenty of room between his fist and Conors face, until Conor steps towards it. There is a reason Gamebred posts a still instead of a Gif...

It is amazing how so many stare downs go down like that without punches thrown. Slap the hand and pushing it away is pretty common.

I think Conor was more annoyed that the fist was right in his face. Literally in front of his nose and eyes, blocking his sight. Different if it's down by your chin where most fists are during stare downs.

Either way who cares really. They probably just added another 100K PPV buys.

JJayoo wrote: »
    This is your post. Look at the GIF, Nate takes that stance and McG is the one that moves towards him.

In regards to fight, I have said multiple times that I see McG winning comfortably.

At the very start of the face off the fist is an inch from his face before Conor moves a muscle I'd class that as a fist in the face as I posted in the original comment,are you disputing that seriously?

Look embrace the guy your grandkids will be asking you about this legend,there is a lot of doubters with inferiority complex issues who get so annoyed by his antics in and outside of the cage,if he annoys you or anybody else so much why watch him? these people are putting money straight into his pocket by viewing everything he does making his number bigger and his pay bigger,

I absolutely despise many fighters,I dont watch their press conferences or come online posting about them,use your time productively my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sorry to ask but what time is the match on Irish time! Fecking great man best of luck to him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Thinking tate might cause an upset. Am I mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

D.Q wrote: »

Of course not, wouldn't surprise me if she won.

D.Q wrote: »

Yep you are. Tate is tough as hell but she is a punching bag and Holly will put her away.

Dmx doing promos for the ufc now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Dmx doing promos for the ufc now

That

Is

Woeful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Can't see nate winning.

If he had more time to prepare then maybe. But I think he's jumping the gun to have his chance against mcgregor. Hopefully it will last more then 13seconds haha really want a good fight between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Punching the hand as hard as he did went too far but Diaz is far from a choir boy when it comes to messing around during staredowns so he can hardly complain about it.

It’s like Conor being upset at someone saying something mean to him.

I don’t see it that Nate is in Conor’s head or anything, he pretty much always takes some sort of swipe at one of the staredowns. Gotta sell those PPVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Milly33 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask but what time is the match on Irish time! Fecking great man best of luck to him...

Looks like 4-5am depending on the other fights. The coverage begins at 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

As weird as it sounds, I think Conor was annoyed at not having the space to change stance with the way Dana was, and get right into Nate's face, and then lashed out at the fist in his face.

He shouldn't have done, but I don't really care that he did it. Looking forward to the fight. A motivated Nate Diaz is far from an easy fight for McGregor. Hopefully we get a good scrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Looks like 4-5am depending on the other fights. The coverage begins at 3.

It'll be 5.30 at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ASOT wrote: »
    It'll be 5.30 at the earliest.

Will Holm not be the final fight, considering that actually has a belt on the line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

thanks gimli2112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Knex. wrote: »
    Will Holm not be the final fight, considering that actually has a belt on the line?

Nope mcgregor still main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Who gives a shít? Christ.

Talk about the fúcking fight or fúck off somewhere else with your nonsense.

There's been very little talk about Holm/Tate. Anyone any ideas about this one? Is Holm a one hit wonder (no pun intended) or do ya reckon she'll get the job done again?

I reckon Holme via ko can't see it going over 2 rounds

Miesha will not be walking into shots like Ronda was,its hypothetical but if Ronda and Holm fight didnt happen Miesha would be a very hot favourite here imo,Her other wins in the ufc werent impressive Rousey player right into her hands with novice striking and no wrestling,

Miesha is not a world beater but she can take a shot and grapple very decently I see this going to decision and Tate winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Tate definitely has a better chance than Rousey did, she won't chase Holm around the ring.

Also, she can take a punch so is a bit more durable it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

A real unknown is what shape Diaz is going to be in.

Obviously he won’t be at the same level as if he knew he was taking the fight for months but between the rumour that he was training for a marathon/triathlon, that he was told by the UFC to stay in shape in case someone dropped out, his claim that he had started bulking up to move to 170, the effect of him not depleting his body by only cutting a small amount of weight.

At least tonight we’ll get Conor’s wish of him taking off his shirt, which should tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Lads what time is this on? Is it on Setanta?

Foxtrol wrote: »
    A real unknown is what shape Diaz is going to be in.

Obviously he won’t be at the same level as if he knew he was taking the fight for months but between the rumour that he was training for a marathon/triathlon, that he was told by the UFC to stay in shape in case someone dropped out, his claim that he had started bulking up to move to 170, the effect of him not depleting his body by only cutting a small amount of weight.

At least tonight we’ll get Conor’s wish of him taking off his shirt, which should tell a lot.

https://youtu.be/GTb99oMQkwk?t=5m49s

Looks in decent shape aesthetics wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

What time are the weigh ins? Midnight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

What time can we expect to see conor fight at?

:)

JustTheOne wrote: »
    What time can we expect to see conor fight at?

:)

tumblr_mnfwx3nT6w1rynk4uo1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Think the mods may just edit the title. Might not help though :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCgocCvk5KI/?taken-by=joe_schilling

Jake Shields is some moron acting like hes about to do something acting hard then does nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Well that went over your head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Hahaha that is ****ing gas giving Shields abuse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

I wouldn't get to cocky around shields if I was Connor!!! Jake could easily shoot for a double, take him down and transition to side control then to half guard then back to side control then probably back to half guard then ............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Looks like that little creepy guy outta the film 300 in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

gallag wrote: »
    How anyone barring the "we were born on the same land mass" swell of pride can actually like Connor, making fun of people because your socks cost more than their whole outfit, throwing a potential fight ending punch at weightins etc he really just comes off as a bit of a chav. Hope Diaz chokes him unconscious.

Calling Diaz's finances into question too while he himself was singing from the rooftops he was on the dole before he made it. if he hasn't forgotten where he came from then why is he slating your man for being broke?

Can he not just be the best fighter ( which he probably is ) and keep his mouth shut.

And then this chap will have a tri colour thrown to him after the fight by the " Netflix and chill , cheeky nandos brigade" who flew over to watch him .

I admire his athletic prowess, his discipline , his dedication to his profession but **** me he would give a disprin a headache.

He has also inadvertently turned into the pied piper of Irish knobends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

What time are the weigh ins? Midnight?

correct

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/04/ufcs-mcgregor-diaz-trash-talk-each-other-then-one-walks-out.html

Conor really looking rattled in this interview can the in house experts break this encounter down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Calling Diaz's finances into question too while he himself was singing from the rooftops he was on the dole before he made it. if he hasn't forgotten where he came from then why is he slating your man for being broke?

Can he not just be the best fighter ( which he probably is ) and keep his mouth shut.

And then this chap will have a tri colour thrown to him after the fight by the " Netflix and chill , cheeky nandos brigade" who flew over to watch him .

I admire his athletic prowess, his discipline , his dedication to his profession but **** me he would give a disprin a headache.

He has also inadvertently turned into the pied piper of Irish knobends.

You can take the boy out of Crumlin but you can also take the Crumlin out of the boy.......I wouldn't be particularly a big fan of what he's coming out, more recently anyhow.....used to be quite amusing (some of it still is) but this talk about burying bodies in the desert and calling himself El Chapo, a Don and half a wise guy ......he's gone full Hollywood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCgocCvk5KI/?taken-by=joe_schilling

Jake Shields is some moron acting like hes about to do something acting hard then does nothing.

The old "hold me back" :pac:

Hilarious that he actually waits for someone to come over before moving towards McGregor :pac:

Advertisement