Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Right that's it, Tom Lawlors the man ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

I'm gonna get one of those McGregor tattoo transfers for my two weeks in Toremolinos...gonna be tropic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

oh god those baps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Expect a riot now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

168, could've had even more steak!

Not looking like a junkie today! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Lmfao Nate flinched at him and Conor jumped. Must have been expecting a scuffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Billy86 wrote: »
    Not looking like a junkie today! :eek:

So refreshing seeing him look fresh and not like something off Henry Street, he can actually talk aswell haha

"How can a fat guy be sitting so skinny!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

Great to see Conor looking human at the weigh in. I feel scared for nate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's used the fat skinny gag far too much

Nate looking as expected,I thought maybe we'd be in for a suprise and see him in some nice shape but unfortunetely not,his kill or be killed is deafeatist in the extreme,he is going in there for a payday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's used the fat skinny gag far too much

Good thing he's not trying to win any comedy awards. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

martyos121 wrote: »
    168, could've had even more steak!

He probably could've gone in heavier. Looked leaner than he did in his open training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I dunno - I always worry before a conor fight that this will be the one he loses - I dont have a clue what to expect to be honest.

I like Diaz, I like Conor - Bring it on

168 after being eating a lot,155 should be a breeze for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well controlled weigh in, funniest moment was when Diaz made a little move and McGregor flinched back out of it :)

I do love Miesha, bothers me more everytime that Caraway or all people gets to go home with her. Holm looks in top shape, that fight could be closer then a lot seem to think, I think Tate might take it if it goes to decision, but Holly is looking good, looking focused and certainly has the skills to get her out of there.

Diaz, well, shame he couldn't turn up in some decent shape but in fairness not exactly unexpected considering he had no time to get in fighting shape.

Hope it outlasts most of the expectations and we get to see a good scrap while it lasts anyway

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Gamebred wrote: »
    168 after being eating a lot,155 should be a breeze for him.

Definitely his natural fighting weight.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I thought Nate was in good shape tbh. He was never one to be totally ripped

Yeah 145 is never happening again in my uneducated opinion,not for less than 15 or 20m cash I cant see him doing it.

ceecee14 wrote: »
    I thought Nate was in good shape tbh. He was never one to be totally ripped

Kind of true but his last fight and best performance in a long time he was shredded abs and all,hes not the type to binge on junk anyways hes a mad vegan weirdo.

Kind of true but his last fight and best performance in a long time he was shredded abs and all,hes not the type to binge on junk anyways hes a mad vegan weirdo.

In fairness that fight was also at 155 which would explain why he was shredded. He's never going to be shredded at 170.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Miesha....

ASOT wrote: »
    In fairness that fight was also at 155 which would explain why he was shredded. He's never going to be shredded at 170.

Yeah couldnt say he cut **** all really bit of hard training the last week or 2 he probably got to that weight today naturally,

I think hes gonna eat vicious body shots like mendes,but harder with conor at this weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

23 pounds and 3 months later:

CcvrTpcUsAAWaOu.jpg

Yeah couldnt say he cut **** all really bit of hard training the last week or 2 he probably got to that weight today naturally,

I think hes gonna eat vicious body shots like mendes,but harder with conor at this weight.

By the looks of embedded he basically hopped on a treadmill to make the weight anyway, didn't need to lose much. Yeah I said that one he other thread, kicks galore. Conor doesn't need to worry about being Kod so he will stand in the pocket at tee off imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

shrewdness wrote: »
    23 pounds and 6 months later:

CcvrTpcUsAAWaOu.jpg

Steroids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Hello

I usually buy the PPVs via Fight-Pass, on top of my Subscription. I have gotten rid of Fight-Pass lately but still want to buy the fight. Is it possible to buy the fight and watch it on my xbox via Fight Pass without a Fight-Pass Subscription?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Steroids.

You're on steroids

I usually buy the PPVs via Fight-Pass, on top of my Subscription. I have gotten rid of Fight-Pass lately but still want to buy the fight. Is it possible to buy the fight and watch it on my xbox via Fight Pass without a Fight-Pass Subscription?

A month subscription for Setanta is 15 quid, you'll get the fight, be able to record it, you'll get UFC 197 too, plus you can watch them all online with Setanta go..any UFC fan has to have Setanta

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You're on steroids

Everyone is on steroids

A month subscription for Setanta is 15 quid, you'll get the fight, be able to record it, you'll get UFC 197 too, plus you can watch them all online with Setanta go..any UFC fan has to have Setanta

Yes, I am aware of that my friend. Not to be spikey but if I were able to avail of that option I wouldn't be spending €25 on an internet Stream ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yes, I am aware of that my friend. Not to be spikey but if I were able to avail of that option I wouldn't be spending €25 on an internet Stream ;)

Your paying €25 for a stream?? My android box cost €45 and I get all UFCs, Prem Lge, any other sports, Movies, Tv series and live tv for free.

23 pounds and 3 months later:

CcvrTpcUsAAWaOu.jpg

Don't forget that a lot of the weight difference for featherweight weigh-ins is due to dehydration, not necessarily muscle.

Your paying €25 for a stream?? My android box cost €45 and I get all UFCs, Prem Lge, any other sports, Movies, Tv series and live tv for free.

Cant depend on them things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Cant depend on them things.

I've had mine 18 months now and had zero issues.

They used to be €18.99 for a HD stream on fight pass right up to UFC194. They have jacked the prices up to 24.99 since then. 19.99 for the standard def.

Getting BT would be a lot easier but not possible unfortunately .

Yes, I am aware of that my friend. Not to be spikey but if I were able to avail of that option I wouldn't be spending €25 on an internet Stream

Pardon my ignorance, but how can't you avail of it? Even if you only watch it online, Setanta for a month is cheaper than paying for a steam? Once you have the Setanta sub you can watch it on Setanta Go

• Advertisement

Think you can buy it on youtube?

Pardon my ignorance, but how can't you avail of it? Even if you only watch it online, Setanta for a month is cheaper than paying for a steam? Once you have the Setanta sub you can watch it on Setanta Go

I only have Saorview via the aerial. If we're to get setanta/BT I would have to get Sky/Virgin along with it too. I also won't be able to stream Setanta through my TV because my laptop doesn't have a HDMI cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Don't forget that a lot of the weight difference for featherweight weigh-ins is due to dehydration, not necessarily muscle.

Oh I know, but it just shows the strain he put on his body to make 145.

Oh I know, but it just shows the strain he put on his body to make 145.

+1. No other sport requires such abuse of the body. Just think about it...all the normal people that battle with their weight to lose a few pounds. And here is this chap swinging a couple of stone in a couple of months without putting on fatty weight. The dedication that takes is some sacrifice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I only have Saorview via the aerial. If we're to get setanta/BT I would have to get Sky/Virgin along with it too. I also won't be able to stream Setanta through my TV because my laptop doesn't have a HDMI cable.

Google Chromecast might be an option, you can stream from the laptop to it.

+1. No other sport requires such abuse of the body. Just think about it...all the normal people that battle with their weight to lose a few pounds. And here is this chap swinging a couple of stone in a couple of months without putting on fatty weight. The dedication that takes is some sacrifice.
    Obviously he didn't need to be in fighting shape for it and it was a much longer time frame, but it reminds me of Christian Bale between American Psycho (I think it was), the Machinist and the first Batman. Google it if you have seen, but be warned the Machinist picture is ROTTEN.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Obviously he didn't need to be in fighting shape for it and it was a much longer time frame, but it reminds me of Christian Bale between American Psycho (I think it was), the Machinist and the first Batman. Google it if you have seen, but be warned the Machinist picture is ROTTEN.

I've seen it before. Bale is an acting legend, my second fav after Wahlberg (don't know why). I love to see that focus and dedication in someone. There is something so real about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

srfc d16 wrote: »
    I rarely watch weigh ins and am a relatively casual fan but can someone explain to me why so many fighters are coming in at what I assume is over the weight limit? Plenty of 155.5, 156 and so on weights already. Is it only strictly enforced on title fights?

Probably a bit late to reply which will get lost in the noise but yeah you have the jist, fighters are allowed go 1lb over for non-title fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Setanta is 25 I think

• Advertisement

A nice one million for Conor to show, 500k for nate like Mendes, Conor really is the golden ticket. 500k for Holm also decent work out of her management team.

Advertisement