Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank statement order charge

Options
  • 26-02-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently ordered 3 months of duplicate statements and as in the past I selected to only receive estatements. I received the statements in the post recently and then noticed I got charged 11.30 for this. I never requested the physical bank statements in the first place! You can see in my settings that it has always been set to this and I have never been charged in the past when I requested bank statements.

Please refund this charge as it is due to a technical or human error that I was charged for this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Colemania wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently ordered 3 months of duplicate statements and as in the past I selected to only receive estatements. I received the statements in the post recently and then noticed I got charged 11.30 for this. I never requested the physical bank statements in the first place! You can see in my settings that it has always been set to this and I have never been charged in the past when I requested bank statements.

Please refund this charge as it is due to a technical or human error that I was charged for this.
    Hi Colemania,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Once you are registered for estatements you will have access to statements going back to February 2012. As you ordered a duplicate statement which is a copy of the statement that was already sent to you there is a charge for this. The charge is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for every other page sent to you. 

When making a request for duplicate statements online you are asked to tick a box to accept the charges.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hi Colemania,

Once you are registered for estatements you will have access to statements going back to February 2012. As you ordered a duplicate statement which is a copy of the statement that was already sent to you there is a charge for this. The charge is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for every other page sent to you. 

When making a request for duplicate statements online you are asked to tick a box to accept the charges.

Thanks,

Tara C

Hi Tara,

I had never been sent these statements before as I'm signed up for estatements. I have requested these before and not been charged and receive the estatements online. I clearly didn't choose to receive my statements by post so I don't know why I even recieved them. They are called duplicate statements when you order them but in my case, I never received them so they aren't duplicates.

Please amend your files and refund said charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Colemania wrote: »
    Hi Colemania,

Thanks,

Tara C

Hi Tara,

I had never been sent these statements before as I'm signed up for estatements. I have requested these before and not been charged and receive the estatements online. I clearly didn't choose to receive my statements by post so I don't know why I even recieved them. They are called duplicate statements when you order them but in my case, I never received them so they aren't duplicates.

Please amend your files and refund said charge.
    Hi,

As these statements would be available to view and download on your estatements this would mean that if you order a copy of a statement that is available on estatements it is charged as a duplicate statement as this has already been made available to you to download.

If you’d like us to look into this further please send your query via the Online service desk ‘Ask a Question’ and a representative with account access will be happy to check this for you.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement