Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Kilkenny - Liverpool pub

Options
  • 26-02-2016 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everyone, heading to Kilkenny for the weekend tomorrow for my stag. Just wondering what would be the best place in Kilkenny to watch the Liverpool/Man City league cup final on Sunday afternoon? Is there any particular pub that Liverpool fans meet in like a supporters club etc? A few of us are Pool fans and wouldnt mind a bit of atmosphere for the big game we also plan on dressing up as the Harry Enfield scousers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I don't know of any supporters clubs or where they watch the games.
    Lannigan on Rose inn street has a savage screen and probably might be a few in it.
    Left bank has a middle room that would be good to watch the game
    Egans (john st) it is good for a game but only if there is a crowd in it.
    Rafter dempsey has a big screen too but not sure if many would go there.
    Stags and hens are usually bailed out of kilkenny by 4 on sunday
    The rugby game is on saturday so a lot of people will be using their beer tokens on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

bitches/hoe/and cokecane =good weekend **** the football

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

I think the best liverpool pub is called 'the worlds end' its located on john street. Always shows the footy and has a wide selection of drinks, good for a stag.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

[IMG][/img]2ahttv6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

dont forget the man utd supporters

3onKyQd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Hi OP, ignore the messers and avoid those two pictured pubs and stick to those suggested by Bowlardo ;) Have a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Comerman wrote: »
    Hi OP, ignore the messers and avoid those two pictured pubs and stick to those suggested by Bowlardo ;) Have a good weekend.
    Ye, I forgot BOWLARDOs but that's a hurling PUB !!!
    [IMG][/img]20qjt3t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45 podgec20

Hi everyone, sincere apologies for the delay. With the stress of the run-up to the wedding and the aftermath, I took a bit of a break from boards lol. Sincere thanks for the helpful suggestions, we ended up watching the game in Lanigans where we were the previous night for the stag and it was a top weekend. The big screen in there was outstanding and even though Liverpool lost the cup final on penalties, the atmosphere in there was outstanding. Loved Kilkenny and will def head back there again

Advertisement