Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair out of control

Options
  • 26-02-2016 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Despite my collection of expensive shampoos, treatments, serums and oils my hair is a holy show. Its fine and frizzy and extremely dry and does nothing its supposed to do. I recently got it chopped to a LOB thinking it would help but its worse than ever. The problem is it cant handle the highlighting. I cut that out for a few years and it did help, I didnt feel like myself at all.

Anyone found any wonder products/treatments that tames fine but frizz prone hair? I fear a 12 week blow dry is my only solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

mrsberries wrote: »
    Despite my collection of expensive shampoos, treatments, serums and oils my hair is a holy show. Its fine and frizzy and extremely dry and does nothing its supposed to do. I recently got it chopped to a LOB thinking it would help but its worse than ever. The problem is it cant handle the highlighting. I cut that out for a few years and it did help, I didnt feel like myself at all.

Anyone found any wonder products/treatments that tames fine but frizz prone hair? I fear a 12 week blow dry is my only solution.

Two - Pro-Naturals and Karmin hair repair system just google. Both product lines include argan oil which I love. We have curly, frizzy hair, and stubborn straight hair in our family and we all use one of these products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

A friend of mine gets Olaplex done when she gets her colour, she said it has helped the condition of her hair no end. Could be something to consider?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Use an oil based product and try to minimise styling or brushing. My hair is thick and wavy/frizzy naturally, but I wear it quite long as the length (hence weight) helps keep it calmer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

dudara wrote:
    Use an oil based product and try to minimise styling or brushing. My hair is thick and wavy/frizzy naturally, but I wear it quite long as the length (hence weight) helps keep it calmer

+1 to the weight.

My hair gets super frizzy. It's a bit ridiculous, and I pick my hairdressers on their ability to handle curly hair. What I found really helps is conditioning. I wash my hair at night, putting coconut oil in it for an hour beforehand every second or third wash. Then wash it out with Kerastase shampoo (expensive but worth it) and condition (I just use whatever one smells nicest). Then I towel dry it until it's not soaking, plait it and let it dry fully itself over night. You might need a lot of coconut oil at the start but now I only need a light coat for it to have the same effect :) it still gets frizzy with humidity but it has massively helped my hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Blueboggirl

Wow if i plaited my toweled dry hair and left overnight, it would still be wet in the morning, its too damn thick.

+1 to less styling handling

The peroxide in my red dye has definitely made frizz worse over the years. Best non frizz results ive had is to comb when conditioning, PAT dry with a towel add a serum GENTLY, trying to coat hair without handling it too much, (john freida is ok for me) , them gather it below neck line, lift onto top of my head and bulldog clip it to dry naturally without touching.
    Seems to make it lighter in weight and smoother.

• Advertisement

Wow if i plaited my toweled dry hair and left overnight, it would still be wet in the morning, its too damn thick.

Not a tight plait, a loose "stay out of my face" one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I should add that I don't brush my hair at all, and it's usually left to dry naturally

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

sup_dude wrote: »
    +1 to the weight.

My hair gets super frizzy. It's a bit ridiculous, and I pick my hairdressers on their ability to handle curly hair. What I found really helps is conditioning. I wash my hair at night, putting coconut oil in it for an hour beforehand every second or third wash. Then wash it out with Kerastase shampoo (expensive but worth it) and condition (I just use whatever one smells nicest). Then I towel dry it until it's not soaking, plait it and let it dry fully itself over night. You might need a lot of coconut oil at the start but now I only need a light coat for it to have the same effect :) it still gets frizzy with humidity but it has massively helped my hair!

I wash and condition my hair with Kerastase. I also use their oil and have used morrocan oil to no avail. My hair is THAT unruly :eek::eek:
    Im clearly using the wrong shampoos and conditioners though but have been buying the higher end ones for years. If I had a euro for every time a hairdresser has suggested I use conditioner on my hair!!:eek::D

A friend of mine gets Olaplex done when she gets her colour, she said it has helped the condition of her hair no end. Could be something to consider?

Ive only heard about this from my instagram feed this week. Must do some research thanks!!

mrsberries wrote:
    I wash and condition my hair with Kerastase. I also use their oil and have used morrocan oil to no avail. My hair is THAT unruly Im clearly using the wrong shampoos and conditioners though but have been buying the higher end ones for years. If I had a euro for every time a hairdresser has suggested I use conditioner on my hair!!

Have you tried the coconut oil?

• Advertisement

sup_dude wrote: »
    Have you tried the coconut oil?

No I havent. Have a big jar in the kitchen so maybe I will.
    So you use it as a prewash, leave overnight and just shampoo next day with Kerastase? Will give it a go!

mrsberries wrote:
    No I havent. Have a big jar in the kitchen so maybe I will. So you use it as a prewash, leave overnight and just shampoo next day with Kerastase? Will give it a go!

I leave it in for an hour or so, then wash it out. You can leave it in overnight though!

I condition it as normal after shampooing too

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I second the opalex treatment.
    Also, I find the Moroccan hair oil at pennys tills as good as any high end product.
    Apply when wet and then style as you like.

Advertisement