Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Beauty Show

Options
  • 26-02-2016 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Anyone thinking of going to the Irish Beauty Show in the RDS this year? I've never been was wondering if it's worth going :) Apologies if there's already a thread about this.

It says on the site you can get a VIP ticket and there's a list of suppliers you can get codes off for a VIP ticket. Has anyone got one by any chance? Want to save my money to buy a few bits at it rather than spend it on a ticket!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

If it's anything like any other similar event in the RDS I'd save your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I'm going, if you have a make Up or beauty certificate/qualification you just upload a a picture of it when you're purchasing your tickets. If you don't have a qualification you'll have to pay unfortunately. I throughly enjoyed the other beauty show a few months ago, very well organised event and got tons of discounts, freebies and products for my kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I missed the Beaty Show this year. I've been to it several times before and enjoyed it (despite the crowds). Was there anything new there this year that's worth talking about?

Nothing really stood out to be honest. I will probably avoid the show next year due to the bad crowd control. I needed brushes for my kit and had to que for almost 45 minutes just to buy three brushes because girls just seemed to stand in the same position for ages! Another incredibly rude girl working on the makeup Atelier stand, that was the last stand i visited and she put a dampener on the whole day. Many of the girls doing the makeup demos had no micro phones so nobody was watching them. Some people were sold fake items apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

SingItOut wrote: »
    I throughly enjoyed the other beauty show a few months ago, very well organised event and got tons of discounts, freebies and products for my kit.

Are you serious? The one in October? It was one of the worst shows I was ever at. They were even selling counterfeit makeup at it.

The problem with these trade shows are they're not trade shows anymore, it's just the general public going in and stocking up, which is fine but it's stopped all the discounts and being able to purchase products at a good deal. The likes of flair is exactly the same price as it is in store.

Sweet squared have pulled their shellacs from there, you can only buy online.
    There's no skincare there worth seeing. In October it was full of bloggers and girls attending who wanted to become bloggers.

I wouldn't bother with it again until they turn it around, and it seems to be the general consensus speaking to other girls within the industry.

• Advertisement

Are you serious? The one in October? It was one of the worst shows I was ever at. They were even selling counterfeit makeup at it.

Yes I am serious. While you're entitled to your opinion I thoroughly enjoyed it. While the organisers should have been been more careful with the counterfeit goods stand, the buyers are also to blame for failing to recognise a cheap version means a fake version.

Most of the people I know who have worked years in the industry enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

SingItOut wrote: »
    Yes I am serious. While you're entitled to your opinion I thoroughly enjoyed it. While the organisers should have been been more careful with the counterfeit goods stand, the buyers are also to blame for failing to recognise a cheap version means a fake version.

Most of the people I know who have worked years in the industry enjoyed it.
    Well I'm glad you did enjoy it, and that's the most important thing.
    The general consensus from other professionals, also in the business years, and who would have attended trade shows when they were actually trade shows, was that it was an absolute disaster of a show, with blogging "celebs" trying to boost sales for makeup companies, bloggers giving talks on becoming a blogger, counterfeit goods and brands nobody ever heard of.
    Gone are the days of professional brands, but each to their own! Depends on people's expectations from a professional show.

Advertisement