Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wales vs France

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

moore and davies are iike two blokes down the pub tonight.

moore spoiling for a row at every topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    There was 2 high tackles there!? What the sweet ****

Yeah Roberts cleaned a guy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Watching France makes me realise awful we were to lose

Basically just the scrum that cost us.

I guess you could call that borderline but it just seems like an accumulation of things that have gone against France. Wales incredibly lucky not to have been down to 14 at some point and frankly not to have given away a PT.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Yeah Roberts cleaned a guy

That was the one I thought they were looking at because the TMO said it to Barnes immediately after that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Stheno wrote: »
    Are you stiing at the bar in the hotel I'm in providing an ongoing commentary for all to hear?:pac:

No, but if I was in a hotel, I probably would be that guy. I'm a horrible lad to watch a game with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

How is barnes still reffing? How was there no yellow card for that period of french pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

That was the one I thought they were looking at because the TMO said it to Barnes immediately after that one.

I heard Barnes chatting during play and I thought it was in relation to that incident...think it was on medard

physioman wrote: »
    How is barnes still reffing? How was there no yellow card for that period of french pressure?

Bias against the French? Ireland got away with the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Wayne Barnes is a shocking ref and tonight is a prime example how poor he can be.

Never understood why Trin Duc didn't play more for France.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Chop that, beotch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I thigh Barnes was doing well until this half. How did we lose to this rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

France are appallingly bad in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stadedublinois

Podge_irl wrote: »

From what Novés has said he seems to consider Trinh-Duc as his first choice 10. Was injured (or just back) for the first matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

JPR Williams off.

From what Novés has said he seems to consider Trinh-Duc as his first choice 10. Was injured (or just back) for the first matches.

More a general comment. The French halfback situation has been a joke for years and he's obviously the best actual 10 they have.

Hopefully (for France) they stick with him going forward.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

SH on the wing, hooker at flanker...

Podge_irl wrote: »

[img][/img]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqR-N5GdWftOWLYSHFI9MioA1xda_3oYhGw8e0bltOd8ZpJGSN

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Guirado...an absolute monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Has Liam Williams got rickets or something? What's up with his legs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Hahaha, has Moore been on the sauce?

"It's hard to win when you have a game plan made up by Inspector Clouseau"

Bazzo wrote: »
    Hahaha, has Moore been on the sauce?

Would you blame him?

God knows I have been.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Has Liam Williams got rickets or something? What's up with his legs?

Think some said before he had them as a kid

another horrible 6 nations game of rugby. little entertainment with two teams not good enough to unlock each other's defenses. it's been poor fare.

Where is fofana these days- out of form or injured?

How is this not a yellow at this point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Lol still no yellow.

Warning after 78.....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Just noticed some grass growing there.

Putrid stuff altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stadedublinois

He was injured. Playing for Clermont this weekend I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭Christy42

Six nations rugby is terrible this year. Barnes has also been terrible but that is at least consistent, similarly for France not picking the right fly half.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Think he was named initially for the Italy game but he got injured last minute. Hasn't been seen since.

England will take them both imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Yachi dda and on we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Was going to say if Wales left the pitch France still wouldn't score and they finally manage to. France are really awful in attack, so clueless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jesus my usual Friday night interpro viewing was better than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Guirado was great should have been motm. A match with endeavour but limited attack. Trinh Duc has to start for France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Poor stuff.

The passion, energy & commitment is laudable across the 6n but it's dire to watch

50/50 arm wrestles, sides playing on the edge of legality and referees letting them, the side that can spoil and slow down the opposition grind out results and it becomes a race to the bottom

That match was terrible for everyone except my fantasy team.

North, Guirado, Faletau, AWJ, and Flanquart definitely made the most tackles, and all played the full 80. Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

BBDBB wrote: »
    Poor stuff.

The passion, energy & commitment is laudable across the 6n but it's dire to watch

50/50 arm wrestles, sides playing on the edge of legality and referees letting them, the side that can spoil and slow down the opposition grind out results and it becomes a race to the bottom

race to the bottom.

after they all got tonked at RWC you would think they would learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Legalfarmer89

Warrenball Wins again. They are decent though! France limited but do have en-devour at least. Seriously unorganized fro this level. Guirado was class though. The welsh rugby gameplan is so limited though, they struggle to pass it more than 3-4 passes and kick as much as Ireland do!! They do have serious ball carriers, tacklers and strong in the air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

FTD will be the French 10 from now on after tonight.

race to the bottom.

after they all got tonked at RWC you would think they would learn.

The blueprint is there, I think all sides have the gamesmanship and spoiling down pat. But the structure at pace of attack play is still at amateur levels. Players make the occasional break but either there's no one on their shoulder or the delivery of the offload gives the receiving player a problem. The lack of sympathy on offloads is so frustrating to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Warburton in post match interview ,when asked about the time taken to reset at scrums , says that he can imagine how frustrating it is for the fans.

He went on to say he was half expecting mexican waves to break out, and said even he could not be sure which way the call would go .

"you just get on with it and hope the call goes your way."

I really like his post match interviews, he's very honest.

Bit loopy when the players themselves don't know what way call is going to go :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Biggars salsa chicken dance is still worth a watch.

Biggars salsa chicken dance is still worth a watch.

Nah, one mans OCD is just a self indulgent waste of time

Place the ball, step back, take a look at your aim point and then take your kick
    Let's get on with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Warburton in post match interview ,when asked about the time taken to reset at scrums , says that he can imagine how frustrating it is for the fans.

He went on to say he was half expecting mexican waves to break out, and said even he could not be sure which way the call would go .

"you just get on with it and hope the call goes your way."

At half time on the BBC they were saying that one of the teams were awarded a scrum on 37 minutes and that it took 2 mins 37 seconds before play got going because of resets. That's just ridiculous.

Rugby is a game for all shapes and sizes and I say this as someone who has played all my life in the backs, so any props reading will doubtless disagree, but something radical needs done about the scrum. The Front Row Union may not be happy but I would try and reduce the number of scrums as much as possible. For a start I'd take away the option of a scrum for a free kick.

bilston wrote: »
    At half time on the BBC they were saying that one of the teams were awarded a scrum on 37 minutes and that it took 2 mins 37 seconds before play got going because of resets. That's just ridiculous.

Rugby is a game for all shapes and sizes and I say this as someone who has played all my life in the backs, so any props reading will doubtless disagree, but something radical needs done about the scrum. The Front Row Union may not be happy but I would try and reduce the number of scrums as much as possible. For a start I'd take away the option of a scrum for a free kick.

Bring back the flying wedge!

• Advertisement
Advertisement