Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Jesse Eisenberg for worst supporting actor was deserved. The rest not so much. Not that the Razzies are anything other than a bit of fun anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Jesse Eisenberg for worst supporting actor was deserved. The rest not so much. Not that the Razzies are anything other than a bit of fun anyway.

The only one that wasn't deserved was Worst Screen Combo for Affleck & Cavill, the only strong parts of the movie. The rest was all legit.

The only one that wasn't deserved was Worst Screen Combo for Affleck & Cavill, the only strong parts of the movie. The rest was all legit.

Ah come on now.

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL over the likes of :

Alice Through the Looking Glass

Fifty Shades of Black

Independence Day: Resurgence

Zoolander No. 2

Or WORST SCREENPLAY over the likes of :

Gods of Egypt

Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party (Haven't seen this one so I'm only including it as it
    seems to have fully deserved its nomination based on what I heard.)

Independence Day: Resurgence

Not a chance. I'd have given the awards above to 50 shades of black and God's of Egypt.

To be fair, the only one of the others listed that I've seen is Independence Day but I stand by my point. I sincerely doubt 50 Shades misrepresented its characters, had a plot that made almost negative sense or used a jar of piss as a focal point of its plot for example (well maybe the jar of piss, I dunno how weird that movie got...). I also doubt any of those films tried to set up any sequels by having its lead character sit down and watch trailers for the upcoming movies. Goyer should be shot out of a canon at this stage.

Count yourself lucky and don't watch them so. They are truly terrible. 50 shades of black is a parody to a film that's come about from a series of books that started as fan fiction for twilight. Muck that is derived from muck, that's the level you're dealing with.

I can't even explain Gods of Egypt.

• Advertisement

Jesus, they're still making parody films?!

Yeah and considering how bad 50 shades of grey is you'd think a parody film about it might actually be funny enough. It's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Got around to watching the ultimate cut and I'd still feel the same way as I did previously, so it made no difference to me.

Still liked it in parts with strong aspects, coupled with some real disappointments. One thing I still struggle with is how unreasonable Bruce is. I get why he is fcuker now but there's still no way to explain his dim-wittedness and aggression towards Clark. Getting used as a pawn and being manipulated is not a quality I'd expect from Bruce either.

Clark's disdain for Batman while not acknowledging his own righteousness is idiotic also.

I really liked how the animation Justice League War portrayed an older Bruce. Wry, sardonic and wily yet positive towards the unknown, seeing someone's worth rather than their weakness. By the end of BvS that's where it looks like he's heading, I just wish he started the film like that!

On Lex , my main problem with him was that everytime he spoke....all I could think was "who wrote this ****e?"

So I don't really blame Jesse for Lex's disappointment. The one scene were the dialogue was not unbearable (the roof scene with Lois and Clark), Jesse was quite good.

The razzies are a load of ****e as far as I'm concerned but I can't deny Lex was a lowlight on film in 2016.

^^I agree, Eisenberg did what he could with an awful script. I don't think he should be blamed for anything.

Incidentally, the Batman in Justice League War is canonically around 31.

• Advertisement

Suicide Squad is an Oscar winner :D

Well done to the team. Amazing feat given the amount of stick the looks of Joker, Croc and Enchantress got.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Well done to the team. Amazing feat given the amount of stick the looks of Joker, Croc and Enchantress got.

Enchantress in her first form (the dark and grungy form) looked great imo. Far better than what they turned her into halfway through the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

So, the batmobile is getting more guns. Great to see that they're listening to the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Batman and guns is just weird, the gadgets and weapons he has always used are better than guns I remember a Justice League episode years ago where Deadman takes control of Batman and shoots Black Manta with a gun it just felt wrong to see it. Damn I am too old for this crud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

I suppose the argument could be made, that since this is in the Justice League and they will be fighting beings from another world, that he needs extra fire power as the usual way he catches human hoodlums wouldn't cut it. In saying that, I am probably giving them more credit than they deserve on that front to be honest.

One would hope, they are guns like the ones in The Dark Knight Returns where he shot rubber bullets at the mutants.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What's the source on this sudden gun stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeuch.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeuch indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You'd have to think they're trolling at this stage really...

Final trailer for Wonder Woman

I really really want it to be good, but going to remain cautious.

I'm almost at the point of not wanting to bother with any of these films...

It's a shame they can't do with the movies what they do with the trailers, case in point Suicide Squad, trailers were so well done, finished film turned out to be different.

I may have been in the minority but I thought the trailers for Suicide Squad were awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's a shame they can't do with the movies what they do with the trailers, case in point Suicide Squad, trailers were so well done, finished film turned out to be different.

I think that was just down to seeing what a trailer with the right music can do, a la Guardians. Trailer can be made well after the fact, and cut to make anything good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Careful what you wish for because IIRC, the editing of the final film was given to the company that made the trailer, after said promotion went down so well, in some misguided belief that the best people to cut a film is a marketing company.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Why is everything so grey? Why does it always have to be so grey and dull and colourless? All the DC films so far, just grey. Grey everywhere. They just mute the colours so much, even on Superman's suit. It's just all so lifeless. Only exceptions being Joker/Harley.

WW's outfit in BvS was even quite bland, so at least it looks a bit more colourful in this, but once they get to London, everything and everyone is just... grey.

Either way, I really hope this is the one they start to turn it around. Otherwise I think the DCEU will have passed the point of no return and not even JL will be able to right the ship.

^^I think WW has a much better chance of being decent than JL. Which means, even if this is quite good, there won't really be any momentum built because JL will just kinda **** on it...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 jonweir76

Very excited about the trailer - lots of new shots that add context and story beats but still give very little away. As a long time WW fan, I think so much of this looks and feels right and it's been written by people who know comics. The scope looks epic, the palettes look bright and colorful (where they need to be) and the humour comes from character moments not daft gags (for all its claims on humour, I didn't laugh once during SS!). I am really excited to finally see WW on the big screen and I hope it works as a whole. I'm already sad they seem to have dropped the whole 'contest to take Steve Trevor back to USA', as I love that element of her origin. But I'm mostly impressed with Gadot who definitely embodies the character and in interviews it's clear she gets what WW is about. That gives me hope that between Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot, the movie is going to be successful.

Wonder Woman: all the DCEU is waiting for you...

Advertisement