Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Well to be fair Grey is a pretty accurate colour to represent London

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

To be fair, there's no point in demanding or expecting huge departures from the norm from these films up to or including JL when you think about it.

The changes in the heirarchy- if they do have a real effect- won't be seen til after.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The only way DC/WB are going to change what they are doing now is with another cold reboot and they aren't going to that now with the money and planning they have put into this Universe and the profit it is making.

So we as fans are stuck with this version of the the DC Universe for the long term I would imagine.

Stop watching so. That's how you'll get change if you don't like it. If you go and sit in the cinema opening weekend of Justice League then you're rewarding something you don't think is worth it. Why would you like...

Stop watching so. That's how you'll get change if you don't like it. If you go and sit in the cinema opening weekend of Justice League then you're rewarding something you don't think is worth it. Why would you like...

If WW reviews badly I am, indeed, not going to pay for it. Same for JL. I'll watch them on Netflix or whatever later on.

I've done it with the Transformers too (a franchise I dearly love) and actually apparently there is quite some discontent growing about the figures the last one drew in America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Collider reporting that Matthew Vaughan is on DC's wish list to direct MoS2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not a bad suggestion director-wise, but the tone of Superman in this universe is so fundamentally wrong it's hard to even care at this point. Plus a hard reboot would feel like an equally cynical, desperate move.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Not a bad suggestion director-wise, but the tone of Superman in this universe is so fundamentally wrong it's hard to even care at this point. Plus a hard reboot would feel like an equally cynical, desperate move.

Vaughn is pretty good at understanding and capturing tone (Kingsman frankly stank of Millar, as did Kick Ass, but First Class had that brotherly hope thing that X-Men needs to work). I'd give it a shot I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Who's writing it? That's the more important question at this point tbh.

I'd have no issue with Vaughn directing though. X-Men: First Class was terrific, and I still rank it above Days of Future Past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Penn wrote: »
    Who's writing it? That's the more important question at this point tbh.

I'd have no issue with Vaughn directing though. X-Men: First Class was terrific, and I still rank it above Days of Future Past.

Agreed. Overall, I thought DoFP was really overrated. Vaughan also directed Kingsman: The Secret Service and Stardust, both of which I'd rate above First Class. He's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Don't forget Layer Cake!

Vaughan would certainly be a good choice, hopefully Goyer is no where near it.

Jonathan Ross's Mrs in to write it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jonathan Ross's Mrs in to write it.

Wait, that a rumour or actually announced? 'Cos if Jane Goldman got behind the project too that could straight-up redeem DC films in one foul swoop...

Neither just something I thought about when i saw Vaughan was linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Don't forget Layer Cake!

Vaughan would certainly be a good choice, hopefully Goyer is no where near it.

Layer Cake is one of my favourite movies of all time.

And I'd be happy with Jane Goldman writing if they went that way. At least you'd imagine they're putting some thought into picking writers and not just "Who's that guy on our payroll who hates comics and hates people who likes comics? Get him to bang out another script for us by tomorrow!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Reports Batman script is being rewritten from scratch and production won't start until 2018 at the earliest. Given Affleck's personal problems and rumoured desire to leave the franchise, I'm guessing the next thing we hear about this film is that he's out as Batman as well.

Vaughn lost out to Snyder for the MoS job in 2010. He thought Superman should be about "colour and fun" and not "too serious". After being told to get lost 6 years ago I can't see him coming onboard unless they give him carte blanche to take a wrecking ball to Snyder's vision of the franchise.

Reports Batman script is being rewritten from scratch and production won't start until 2018 at the earliest. Given Affleck's personal problems and rumoured desire to leave the franchise, I'm guessing the next thing we hear about this film is that he's out as Batman as well.

Vaughn lost out to Snyder for the MoS job in 2010. He thought Superman should be about "colour and fun" and not "too serious". After being told to get lost 6 years ago I can't see him coming onboard unless they give him carte blanche to take a wrecking ball to Snyder's vision of the franchise.

To be fair though, "take a wrecking ball to Snyder's vision"? Yes please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

http://screenrant.com/deathstroke-not-in-batman-movie-joe-manganiello/

Joe Manganiello suggests doubt now hangs over his appearance in The Batman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    http://screenrant.com/deathstroke-not-in-batman-movie-joe-manganiello/

Joe Manganiello suggests doubt now hangs over his appearance in The Batman.

Again, the inclusion of Deathstroke, and Mangianello in the role, was one of few positives going into this. More bad news for The Batman...

There is a man built to be in a live action comicbook movie and also a total self confessed fanboy and geek for the material.

If DC/WB don't use this guy they might as well give up.

• Advertisement

The Justice League Trailer will be out on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/_Flashparodox_/status/844873618915962880/video/1

The Justice League Trailer will be out on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/_Flashparodox_/status/844873618915962880/video/1

They released a trailer for the trailer...

Some day we'll have a trailer for a trailer for a trailer!

They released a trailer for the trailer...

Some day we'll have a trailer for a trailer for a trailer!

It's been a thing for a while so I wouldn't personally give them grief about it.

Based on the teensy footage there anyway looks like they're investing big time in making Aquaman work. Smart because if they can make it work that's a whole new level of freshness that they can tap into within the genre.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    It's been a thing for a while so I wouldn't personally give them grief about it.

Based on the teensy footage there anyway looks like they're investing big time in making Aquaman work. Smart because if they can make it work that's a whole new level of freshness that they can tap into within the genre.

It looks like they are doing a teaser for each character. Here's Batman's

WARNING: Clip shows Batmobile firing its weapons so if you are sensitive to that kind of thing, probably best not to watch ;)

Them visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

It looks like they are doing a teaser for each character. Here's Batman's

WARNING: Clip shows Batmobile firing its weapons so if you are sensitive to that kind of thing, probably best not to watch ;)

As much as the killing in BvS was controversial, I don't think it will be the case here. It looks like he was shooting at a Parademon, so i don't think the no kill rule applies here.

techdiver wrote: »
    As much as the killing in BvS was controversial, I don't think it will be the case here. It looks like he was shooting at a Parademon, so i don't think the no kill rule applies here.

All it'd take is one of the League saying "they're not alive... not really" and they could shoot as many as they like without infuriating everyone.

Trailer is out, too lazy to link.

Looks like the newbies will get a fair chance to establish themselves in the story, which cannot hurt.

EDIT: fack it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did Snyder shoot this in 1.85? Strange decision. The cinematic visuals were one of the few things the previous two films had going for them.

• Advertisement

Well that just looks horrible I have to say.

Advertisement