Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hopefully this one makes it to cinemas with its full run time.

It's gonna want to be that damn good to justify it's rumoured run time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I can imagine the meltdown among critics already. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's gonna want to be that damn good to justify it's rumoured run time.

Well apparently The Fate of the Furious is 160 minutes long, that's just 10 minutes shorter. So a film of justice league's size and with the amount of content they look to be trying to fit in, being 170 minutes isn't all that crazy.

I'd rather we get the better film at a long 170 min than an inferior cut at 140/150 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it's still a rumour at this point about the runtime
    http://www.cbr.com/justice-league-runtime-rumor/
    Citing an unnamed insider, TheWrap reports that, nearly eight months from release, the Warner Bros. film isn’t yet finished, meaning no one yet knows its runtime.

That, of course, contradicts the rumor, and the listing on IMDb.com. On Wednesday, multiple accounts had tweeted that “Justice League” would run almost 30 minutes longer than “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” which would place it about 2 hours and 50 minutes.

While it’s totally possible the film could hit the near three-hour mark when all is said and done, Snyder & Co. are apparently nowhere near a final edit. Expect an official runntime to be released far closer to the film’s November premiere.

Is the Joss Whdeon rumour confirmed yet? All sources I've seen point back to one Variety article.

It'd be a great move though. I love Joss Whedon's work, and I think he'll be able to do something a bit heavier and obviously less comedic than his Avengers films, while also bringing enough light-heartedness and joy to contrast the inevitable gloom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Penn wrote: »
    Is the Joss Whdeon rumour confirmed yet? All sources I've seen point back to one Variety article.

The deal isn't final yet but it's not a rumour. Variety is reliable as it gets for news like this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hopefully this one makes it to cinemas with its full run time.

While the caveat exists that you probably need more time to introduce the 3 heroes we haven't yet seen on-screen, 3 hours is an insane running length for any movie. Even then, if they kept the plot simple and postage-stamp sized, it's not like they couldn't give everyone a fair shake in 2 hours.

90 minutes used to be the informal length a time a film should be able to tell it's story & get out, 2 hours was considered enough for an epic blockbuster, yet here we are with these butt-numbing enterprises creeping towards the 4 hour mark. If anything it's probably driving people away from the cinema as I'd actually sooner watch this at home than endure a shoddy cinema seat. Plus at at least I can pause the damn thing and unwind for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Justice League rumoured run time is 2 hours 50 minutes.

http://flavorwire.com/602478/that-justice-league-movie-is-gonna-be-so-****ing-long

If it means no **** editing like BvS, I'm happy.

With the introduction/back story of so many characters included it was always going to be a long movie.

I must be in the minority. I like long movies as opposed to the needs of the ADHD generation. Back in the golden age of cinema, movies were regularly 3 hours+, e.g. Lawrence of Arabia, Gone with the Wind, Spartacus. No one complains about them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

techdiver wrote: »
    [...] Back in the golden age of cinema, movies were regularly 3 hours+, e.g. Lawrence of Arabia, Gone with the Wind, Spartacus. No one complains about them.

Being a good movie helps forgive a long run-time.

I have no issues with length so long as it doesn't feel long. If it holds your interest for the majority of the film, you just don't notice the time going and 3 hours can just fly by.

• Advertisement

Lindsey Morgan of The 100 linked to star. No idea.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Lindsey Morgan of The 100 linked to star. No idea.

That seems a bit soon, given DC are still only discussing things with Whedon, if even that rumour's to be believed.

As for Morgan, she's decent in The 100 and given that show loves putting her through the ringer, she has experience in acting out taking / giving a punch or two.

Mostly fan speculation based on her recent cryptic tweets. But aye way too soon:

http://screenrant.com/batgirl-movie-actress-rumor/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah someone asked Zack Snyder on Twitter about it, and he shot it down in quiet humorous fashion

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/847656233381146625

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-darkseid-matt-damon/

I really dislike Screenrant and they are taking the piss with April fools.

They are good for breaking news though so that's why I still visit the site.

Rumours taken from the DCEULeaks subreddit, so pinches of salt at the ready..
    The plan for 2019 is to release four Batman related films. Gotham City Sirens around Valentine's Day weekend, Nightwing on Memorial Day weekend, Batgirl in August and The Batman in November. The studio is doing this to celebrate the 80th Anniversary of Batman.

The Batman film will still have Deathstroke but not as a main villain. Matt Reeves wants to do a larger scale Batman film that will include the Bat family as well as most of Batman's rogues.

In addition, two Batman animated films are also planned for 2019. One will be an adaptation of The Long Halloween.

Grant Wilson might be the villain for the Nightwing solo film. He is hired by Roland Desmond to take out all the mob bosses in Bludhaven.

Suicide Squad 2 or Dark Universe will most likely be taking Aquaman's previous release date.

Mel Gibson is no longer the front runner to direct the Suicide Squad sequel. Jaume Collet-Serra and Ruben Fleischer are now the top candidates. The script is currently being written with a story pitch given by Ayer. Killer Frost will be the new female lead to replace Harley Quinn.

The Dark Universe script is going through final rewrites. Guillermo Del Toro's old treatment was used as a base and was rewritten to connect to the universe. If Liman is ready, filming could start as early as summer.

Four movies are also planned for 2020. Warner Bros wants to do two low budget/smaller scale films and two big budget/larger scale films per year.

Jonathan Levine is in talks to direct The Flash. The film will most likely release in 2020.

Matthew Vaughn will most likely write the Man of Steel sequel if he takes on the directional duties

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/wonder-woman/news/a827493/wonder-woman-movie-backlash-thinkthin-partnership/

This is the type of ****wittery from WB that is going to ruin any chance this film has of gaining momentum in goodwill. They just can't help themselves.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/wonder-woman/news/a827493/wonder-woman-movie-backlash-thinkthin-partnership/

This is the type of ****wittery from WB that is going to ruin any chance this film has of gaining momentum in goodwill. They just can't help themselves.

Ah man. They just threw away any of the praise due to them for being first to push ahead with a solo female superhero movie. That's a really bad decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

It really pushes home the fact the WB haven't a clue what they are at!

• Advertisement

That is a horrendously tone deaf, bone headed decision. Talk about missing the point completely, but hey, it's DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Jesus fcuking Christ....

techdiver wrote: »
    It really pushes home the fact the WB haven't a clue what they are at!

Seems like that ceo of thinkthin is their equal on that score.

It just boggles the mind that not one person in charge of marketing this film didn't raise their head and say "lads, even if thinkthin doesn't stand for what it sounds like, we might be better steering clear of sponsorship with them as even the name in itself could do damage to our cause."

Pure incompetence. It troubles me that no-one identified the sensitivity surrounding this film and more importantly the character acted accordingly.

At this stage, I don't know if I'm gonna see Wonder Woman in the cinema... maybe if I've free time and it gets great reviews... I'm more likely than not to skip Justice League too, based on Zack Snyder's films to date, and the latest trailer. Never thought I'd skip a DC superhero movie.

At this stage, I don't know if I'm gonna see Wonder Woman in the cinema... maybe if I've free time and it gets great reviews... I'm more likely than not to skip Justice League too, based on Zack Snyder's films to date, and the latest trailer. Never thought I'd skip a DC superhero movie.

WW I'll wait until reviews are out and see what the general consensus is. JL though, I know I'll see it the day it's out regardless because f*ck it, it's the Justice League and more Batfleck and Aquaman looks brilliant and hopefully they took people's issues with BvS on board with enough time to properly right the ship.

WW I'll wait until reviews are out and see what the general consensus is. JL though, I know I'll see it the day it's out regardless because f*ck it, it's the Justice League and more Batfleck and Aquaman looks brilliant and hopefully they took people's issues with BvS on board with enough time to properly right the ship.

That's the thing; I fell for that with BvS. I was like "it looks like they're addressing people's concerns with MoS having Superman murder Zod, and the destruction of Metropolis " and then Superman kills a guy within minutes, Batman is a mass-murderer and they move from Metropolis to a blank backdrop... I don't wanna be hurt again, Penn!

Don't do it, it's that mentality of 'hopefully...' and the prestige of the Justice League that's keeping the DC films in clover. They didn't right the ship with BvS; they didn't right the ship with Suicide Squad - in fact they probably just drilled another hole in its hull tbh - so why let yourself get suckered a third time?

Sure, Wonder Woman may yet be the first properly decent DC film but even if it was, that'd simply make it the exception to the rule. The only way DC are going to learn is if their films starting financially failing. Simple as. All the moaning on the internet counts for nothing if the studio knows its audience will let their hearts rule their heads...

pixelburp wrote: »
    Don't do it, it's that mentality of 'hopefully...' and the prestige of the Justice League that's keeping the DC films in clover. They didn't right the ship with BvS; they didn't right the ship with Suicide Squad - in fact they probably just drilled another hole in its hull tbh - so why let yourself get suckered a third time?

Sure, Wonder Woman may yet be the first properly decent DC film but even if it was, that'd simply make it the exception to the rule. The only way DC are going to learn is if their films starting financially failing. Simple as. All the moaning on the internet counts for nothing if the studio knows its audience will let their hearts rule their heads...

In fairness although I disliked a lot of MoS, it wasn't... horrible. BvS had way more fundamental problems than MoS did.

But they couldn't have righted the ship with Suicide Squad by that stage as it was too deep in at that stage. Even with a few reshoots there was very little they could have done. Wonder Woman should hopefully have taken a lot of the BvS criticism on board but again they were likely deep enough in pre-production at least that tied them in to certain things.

JL is the main one where they have no excuses for not correcting the issues.

But yeah, I agree with everything you say. But I know I'll still go see it the day it's out because I just really want to see it, because it is the Justice League. And I don't even care that I'm part of the problem.

It's their last chance though. If they screw up JL, they're done.

[...]

But yeah, I agree with everything you say. But I know I'll still go see it the day it's out because I just really want to see it, because it is the Justice League. And I don't even care that I'm part of the problem.

It's their last chance though. If they screw up JL, they're done.

I bet you said BvS was the last chance too ;) Hmmm, I think we need to organise an intervention for Penn guys :D

• Advertisement

Speaking of Wonder Woman, a clip was released of the 'alley fight' seen in the trailers, and you know what folks, it actually looks ... *whisper* fun! Colour palette still more sickly and blue than I'd like, but beyond that it suggests the final film may yet actually be enjoyable...

Advertisement