Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    I bet you said BvS was the last chance too ;) Hmmm, I think we need to organise an intervention for Penn guys :D

But again, even though MoS wasn't great and I had issues with it, I didn't think there'd be any reason BvS wouldn't be at least fairly good. Reveal of Doomsday in the trailer was terrible and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex in the trailers was iffy but I was willing to give him a chance, but other than that I had fairly high hopes for BvS. Certainly wasn't in last chance mode for it. And SS was too near completion to right the wrongs BvS brought up. So yeah, I think allowing JL, their big movie where it has to go right to win back fans and set the DCEU on a new path to be the last chance is being as absolutely fair to DC as I can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So basically DC/WB decided to make WW to help empower young women and show a strong female superhero but they need to be thin young women.

B@stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So basically DC/WB decided to make WW to help empower young women and show a strong female superhero but they need to be thin young women.

B@stards.

The stupidity of it is mind boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

If you look back far enough you can see that they were doing a hatchet job from early on. Casting Lucy Davis, by no means an unattractive woman, as the frumpy comic relief spoke volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Guy Ritchie is throwing his name in the ring to direct Suicide Squad 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Guy Ritchie is throwing his name in the ring to direct Suicide Squad 2.

Another reason to not care about Suicide Squad 2 imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hey, at least they'd be keeping a consistent tone in replacing one swaggering, blokey d-bag of a director with another!

I imagine the success or failure of that King Arthur 'adaptation' might go a long way to dictate his chances to direct. Doesn't look the best mind you, feels like a potential summer flop...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dear Warner,

Please stop looking at Paramount/ Hasbro for your inspiration on how to do a franchise movie and please start looking at Marvel.

Kind regards,

Everyone.

Hey, at least they'd be keeping a consistent tone in replacing one swaggering, blokey d-bag of a director with another!

I imagine the success or failure of that King Arthur 'adaptation' might go a long way to dictate his chances to direct. Doesn't look the best mind you, feels like a potential summer flop...

I was interested until I saw a TV ad which had the ropiest f*cking CGI scene I've seen in ages. Plus he's doing that weird "camera movement follows exact speed and movement of person running" thing he did in Sherlock Holmes 2.

Most notably at around 2:52 and then again a few seconds after

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

pixelburp wrote:

Ritchie's Sherlock movies may be dark in colour pallet but they're much lighter in tone than anything Snyder has done and they certainly don't take themselves as seriously. The Man from UNCLE was a perfectly enjoyable romp which again was very light in tone. All three of his most recent films have been buddy movies and they've all three benefitted massively from the chemistry between the leads, if Ritchie had anything to do with that than I'd be quite happy to see him bring it to something like Suicide Squad which completely lacked the sense of "family" that the first completely failed to produce amongst the characters.

• Advertisement

Yeah I actually watched Suicide Squad again over the weekend. It was a struggle. I think Ritchie could potentially do a good job directing it overall but it very much depends on script. That's going to be the absolute key thing to getting the film right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Ritchie's Sherlock movies may be dark in colour pallet but they're much lighter in tone than anything Snyder has done and they certainly don't take themselves as seriously. The Man from UNCLE was a perfectly enjoyable romp which again was very light in tone. All three of his most recent films have been buddy movies and they've all three benefitted massively from the chemistry between the leads, if Ritchie had anything to do with that than I'd be quite happy to see him bring it to something like Suicide Squad which completely lacked the sense of "family" that the first completely failed to produce amongst the characters.

Yeah I mean to be fair he has found his niche as a gun for hire with middle-tier blockbusters; I definitely enjoyed Man From UNCLE when I watched it, but you know, the fact I had COMPLETELY forgotten it exists until you mentioned it probably doesn't attest to its memorability :D

My cynicism is more down to King Arthur looking suspiciously like it might be a return to the kind of bloke'sploitation he knocked out earlier in his career with 'Snatch' et al.

FunLover18 wrote: »

I enjoyed UNCLE for what it was as well. As I've said before Cavill has the makings of a thoroughly charming and likeable leading man if the quality of the material allows it. Ritchie barely scratched the surface of what Cavill is capable of I believe but at least he was going in the right direction with him.

Ritchie is an OK fit for SS should they want to continue in the line of what they created with the first film. Rather they give him that though for fear they'd reunite him with Cavill on MOS 2. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

So... the Writers Guild of America is possibly going to go on strike.

If that happens, I wonder if the Warner Brothers execs who interfere so much in the DCEU process become the entire story team for the movies :eek:

Slydice wrote: »

If that happens, I wonder if the Warner Brothers execs who interfere so much in the DCEU process become the entire story team for the movies :eek:

I thought the strike was called off last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slydice wrote: »

Penn wrote: »
    I thought the strike was called off last week?

I seem to remember reading as well that the strike was called off.

aha, so it has!
    Writers Guild of America contract secures $65 million more in health plan contributions
    http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-writers-guild-contract-healthcare-20170505-story.html

Thank fcuk based on what I recall from the last one......then again, things aren't great in that department as is anyway.

If the execs took over writing duties ... ... would we really be able to tell the difference anyway?

If the execs took over writing duties ... ... would we really be able to tell the difference anyway?

If a 4 year old took over, we wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Regardless, this is great news for screenwriters and a long time coming.

• Advertisement

You might go so what, but I'd like to remind people that Transformers: 2 was during the writers strike.

In case you've forgotten the plot of that film:

Megatron is brought back to life and he kills Optimus Prime so the humans decide to try to bring him back to life so they use a macguffin that can bring one transformer back to life to bring a decepticon back to life instead of bringing optimus back to life so he can tell them how to bring optimus back to life so they go find the other macguffin to bring optimus back to life but it can't bring optimus back to life so sam gets killed and goes to transformers heaven even though he is not a transformer to find god transformers who can bring people back to life but they don't bring optimus back to life they tell sam how to bring optimus back to life so he comes back to life even though he is not a transformer and then finds the right macguffin to bring Optimus back to life.

... I'll take Martha, thanks :D

Jesus...!

Jesus...!

Obviously the punctuation is for humorous effect but that is genuinely the plot of Transformers 2 minus some blatant racism.

http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-early-critics-reactions/

Early reaction is good for WW.....we're ****ed.

They were good for BvS too... haha. I think I'll wait to hear more. It just looks so bad, I can't take those people at their word yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hope it's true. What gives me hope is that this is critics reactions. These were not permitted for BvS, so any of the twitter reaction for BvS were from fans. It signals that WB are more confident with Wonder Woman to allow social media reactions to be posted by official critics.

techdiver wrote: »
    Hope it's true. What gives me hope is that this is critics reactions. These were not permitted for BvS, so any of the twitter reaction for BvS were from fans. It signals that WB are more confident with Wonder Woman to allow social media reactions to be posted by official critics.

Aye I only realised that little bit after posting. For once I hope I can take these early reactions at face value.

Awe great, now I'm excited!

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-early-critics-reactions/

Early reaction is good for WW.....we're ****ed.

I don't care how much of an old fart this makes me sound, but there's no way in hell I'm taking a bunch of random brainfart twitter users at their word. I don't want Wonder Woman to be rubbish, but Twitter reactions are about as trustworthy as quotations on a movie poster...

• Advertisement

I don't care how much of an old fart this makes me sound, but there's no way in hell I'm taking a bunch of random brainfart twitter users at their word. I don't want Wonder Woman to be rubbish, but Twitter reactions are about as trustworthy as quotations on a movie poster...

I want WW to be amazing, but I'm waiting for some names I trust to weigh in, for similar cantankerous fart reasons.

Advertisement