Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm guessing it will be pushed back at this stage. It's set for March 2018 isn't it? Very little hope of that now.

All the set backs to Flash and the Batman will probably mean very little from DC next year. Aquaman seems the only one on track at the moment.

Was set for next March, but now pushed back to 2020.

Gonna be a quiet 2018 for Warner/DC in the superhero film business.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sure.

Anyway this appeared online days ago and was debunked almost within hours.

The exact same rumours and exact same debunking happened on Fant4stic and well... yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The exact same rumours and exact same debunking happened on Fant4stic and well... yeah!

That turned out fine....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Tbf Fantastic had more than just reboots counting against it. Sounded like pure chaos in the background between the studio, director and cast.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Tbf Fantastic had more than just reboots counting against it. Sounded like pure chaos in the background between the studio, director and cast.

Um... things don't exactly sound rosy in DC land either.

That's kinda goal post moving though: Ultimately you don't know who's sources are good until the film comes out- even then there's smoke and mirrors (I've talked to a couple of filmy people who can't wait for a few years to pass on fant4stic so they can get some more honest info on what happened).

I've found the DCEU second only to the TF franchise in terms of frustratingly wasted opportunity. I remember seeing the Flash/Supergirl crossover after BvS and wondering how the lads with all the money could have gotten it so horribly wrong when the lads with the shoestring were able to pop out a fun hour of cross over shenanigans like it was nothing.

• Advertisement

Um... things don't exactly sound rosy in DC land either.
    When Snyder starts to slate the studio, while essentially being fired with the studio making the final cut of Justice League, then what is happening here will be comparable to what happened with Fantastic 4.

That is not smoke and mirrors, as plenty of realible sources have reported on this and have been consistent.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fantastic-four-blame-game-fox-814764

When Snyder starts to slate the studio, while essentially being fired with the studio making the final cut of Justice League, then what is happening here will be comparable to what happened with Fantastic 4.

That is not smoke and mirrors, as plenty of realible sources have reported on this and have been consistent.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fantastic-four-blame-game-fox-814764

Tbf, I don't think DD was equating the two, just saying that things don't seem rosy over at DC, which they don't. WB very obviously know that they're not in a good place with Snyder and are just riding out his contract. The fact that they can't hold a director for The Flash, which should be a slam dunk, points to trouble. The rumours that Ben Affleck, their biggest star, is desperate to leave the franchise are also very troubling.

It's of course not rosy but I wouldn't say the sh1t has hit the fan yet.

My attitude towards Affleck is that while he may be unhappy he's still professional enough to do his job as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yeah maybe it did. There's probably been examples of films where it went well. Nether mean anything in relation to Justice League.

Also as bad as things are at DC I think they have a ways to go yet to match the **** show that was Fant4stic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

My attitude towards Affleck is that while he may be unhappy he's still professional enough to do his job as required.

With Affleck there's rumors that its more a personal problem he's dealing with and if that's true then they are right to give him as much time as he needs.

• Advertisement

It's of course not rosy but I wouldn't say the sh1t has hit the fan yet.

I agree; Affleck is a pro and will deliver. At this stage, I mostly want these films to do well in the hopes that Affleck will get reinvigorated and play Batman for a while longer. Incidentally, I'd actually be really interested to see him direct the Man of Steel sequel.

The thing to remember as well is that when the money train is in full steam it's hard to derail regardless of reshoots or whatever.

They marketed SS like a dream. Whereas Fantastic seemed to be a sh1tshow from early on with, at the time, not a bankable cast (albeit a talented one).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Zack Snyder Steps Down From 'Justice League' to Deal With Family Tragedy. Joss Whedon will finish the film.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455

What a mental morning. So sorry to hear Snyder and his family have been carrying that around between them since March.

Awful stuff. No one should have to deal with that.

Dreadful news.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,651 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Terrible news and sympathies to the family.

Very odd choice in replacement though, Whedon and Snyder's styles could not be more different and I'm fascinated to see what Whedon will do with the material he's inherited. I presume at some stage down the line we might get a 'Snyder Cut'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Horrendous & gut-wrenching news, my heart goes out to the Synders. Terrible stuff.

FunLover18 wrote: »

Very odd choice in replacement though, Whedon and Snyder's styles could not be more different and I'm fascinated to see what Whedon will do with the material he's inherited. I presume at some stage down the line we might get a 'Snyder Cut'

I've read that Whedon was actually working with Snyder the last few months on script changes for reshoots, so chances are whatever the film was going to be before last month, the film will still largely be. He's not going to put his own stamp on it or change anything major bar dialogue in a few reshoots, which was already likely to happen anyway. This will (and should be) Snyder's film.

Even with action sequences, chances are that with special effects, they're already mostly locked in to what the action sequences will be, so the biggest changes Whedon will bring from this point forward will likely be to the editing of the film.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    I've read that Whedon was actually working with Snyder the last few months on script changes for reshoots, so chances are whatever the film was going to be before last month, the film will still largely be. He's not going to put his own stamp on it or change anything major bar dialogue in a few reshoots, which was already likely to happen anyway. This will (and should be) Snyder's film.

Even with action sequences, chances are that with special effects, they're already mostly locked in to what the action sequences will be, so the biggest changes Whedon will bring from this point forward will likely be to the editing of the film.

I believe Whedon is often called in as a "Doctor" at the end of films, I'm sure I read that somewhere, it's like a whole second career for him.

I believe Whedon is often called in as a "Doctor" at the end of films, I'm sure I read that somewhere, it's like a whole second career for him.

Aye, and considering he was becoming part of the DCEU with Batgirl anyway, and his success with Avengers, it'd make complete sense to have him work with and give his advice to Snyder regarding the JL film. Though it's obviously unfortunate to what that has now led to given Snyder's family tragedy. In fairness to them, EW says Warner Bros were willing to push the release date back to give Snyder more time but they all agreed to letting Whedon finish the film off instead.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd imagine it's mostly post production at this stage if the film is still coming out in November.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's mostly post production at this stage if the film is still coming out in November.

There are going to be some reshoots, but it's likely just general dialogue scenes.

Penn wrote: »
    There are going to be some reshoots, but it's likely just general dialogue scenes.

If Whedon was script doctoring too it's likely they're throwing in a few jokes/ character beats would be my guess.

If Whedon was script doctoring too it's likely they're throwing in a few jokes/ character beats would be my guess.

Yeah but likely still within the tone already set by Snyder as opposed to Whedon's usual tone. Hopefully anyway, otherwise it'll feel too disjointed and out of character is they're all serious in most of the scenes and then cracking jokes in others. I love Whedon's style and humour, but he needs to tailor it to suit the DCEU, even when it comes to his Batgirl film.

FunLover18 wrote: »

Visually they like to play a different game which is fine but if we're talking about material, Joss can tell a 'dark' story as good as the rest of them (better than Snyder even).

Tbh my expectations are low at this stage, and as much as I hate to say it I'm willing to write off JL. There's no pressure from a fan point of view for Joss to turn out a miracle.

Agreed on both points. Indeed, most of Whedon's work is pretty dark (whether it be a light story peppered with darkness or the inverse of that) while Snyder's work is more dark in colour than substance.

I think it should be taken as a given that this is Snyder's film with a little input from Whedon, in the same way as X-Men was Singer's with a little input from Whedon (not the best example, obvs).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,597 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Doug Liman has left Justice League Dark and won't be directing it.

• Advertisement

Doug Liman has left Justice League Dark and won't be directing it.

There goes the only appealing thing about that movie (apart from the characters obvs).

Advertisement