Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Doug Liman has left Justice League Dark and won't be directing it.

That movie will never get made.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It always seemed like a weird choice to go with anyway considering some of the other characters DC could push forward.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Obviously the Snyder thing is a terrible unavoidable state of affairs, but how can DC not keep a director outside of him? What're they doing to these people?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Obviously the Snyder thing is a terrible unavoidable state of affairs, but how can DC not keep a director outside of him? What're they doing to these people?

Given the implied upheaval at the executive level, I'd speculate directors are finding it difficult to work the heads at DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I've said it before but they really should just stop announcing movies when they aren't actually 100% going ahead. They seem to just announce as soon as they have the idea. I don't know is it to try and gauge interest in these properties or what but it's damaging the DC cinematic universe name.

This film was always one I thought wouldn't make it. Talk they will look for a new director but honestly I'll believe this is happening when I see set photos.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've said it before but they really should just stop announcing movies when they aren't actually 100% going ahead. They seem to just announce as soon as they have the idea. I don't know is it to try and gauge interest in these properties or what but it's damaging the DC cinematic universe name.

This film was always one I thought wouldn't make it. Talk they will look for a new director but honestly I'll believe this is happening when I see set photos.

I don't think that's a problem specific to DC though, all the studios are jumping the gun with their shared universes; with the success of the MCU all the studios are proving how Hollywood is about the race to be second: before it died on arrival at the box office, Saban proudly announced the new Power Rangers movie would spawn six spin-offs. Sony are apparently hoping The Dark Tower will spawn its own nest of sequels, and of course most recently we've had Universal announcing their 'dark universe' as if anyone gives a damn.

It's hard to know at this point what movies they are even moving forward with. Ones that have been announced or that there were strong rumours people were working on them:

The Flash
    Gotham City Sirens
    Suicide Squad 2
    The Batman
    Batgirl
    Nightwing
    Green Lantern Corps
    Justice League 2
    Wonder Woman 2
    Justice League Dark
    Cyborg
    Shazam
    Black Adam
    Superman 2

Honestly the strangest ones there for me are Black Adam and Justice League Dark. JLD just seemed like an odd choice given they already had Suicide Squad, and Black Adam, it just seems like they were going to do it because they already signed The Rock up to play him in Shazam as opposed to people actually wanting a Black Adam movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,597 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would prefer a good Constantine film over JLD myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Penn wrote: »
    It's hard to know at this point what movies they are even moving forward with. Ones that have been announced or that there were strong rumours people were working on them:

The Flash
    Gotham City Sirens
    Suicide Squad 2
    The Batman
    Batgirl
    Nightwing
    Green Lantern Corps
    Justice League 2
    Wonder Woman 2
    Justice League Dark
    Cyborg
    Shazam
    Black Adam
    Superman 2

Honestly the strangest ones there for me are Black Adam and Justice League Dark. JLD just seemed like an odd choice given they already had Suicide Squad, and Black Adam, it just seems like they were going to do it because they already signed The Rock up to play him in Shazam as opposed to people actually wanting a Black Adam movie.

That's 14 films plus Wonder Woman, Justice League and Aquaman. They've got a total of 17 films apparently forthcoming and the general opinion of most of them appears to be apprehension over whether they'll even happen. As someone said above, announcing all these films seemingly on the basis of thinking "people will be psyched when they hear this!" is only hurting their credibility.

I hate to be one of those people who immediately jumps to the Marvel comparison at every turn but when you look at what they're doing... they've got (including this years movies) 7 films coming up and no doubts whatsoever that even one of them will be dropped.

I reckon as soon as Infinity War/Avengers 4 are finished, Marvel will announce a tonne of films but they're not gonna be dogged by the same skepticism...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Having The Rock play Black Adam is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. He's perfect for Shazam! Seriously, put that guy in a half decent movie about a kid who can essentially transform himself into Superman and just watch the money roll in. It seems like such a no-brainer to me. Whoever it was that mentioned Black Adam to The Rock deserves a backhanded slap across the face from a leather glove.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

The funny thing is that the way it is right now, they could announce tomorrow that Rock is in fact playing Shazam and no one would give a **** about the turn around from Black Adam.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    The funny thing is that the way it is right now, they could announce tomorrow that Rock is in fact playing Shazam and no one would give a **** about the turn around from Black Adam.

Yep, cos no one gives a **** about a Black Adam movie. That said, BA is a much more interesting character than Captain Marvel/Shazam so it's a good artistic move from the Rock.

Black Adam may be more interesting but only if there is some quality script writing. Shazam on paper would be bread and butter to the rock. Casting him as Black Adam just seems....just because to me.

Looks like Gal and Patty have DC and WB in safe waters for once. Well done to them both on having a seemingly well received film. Hopefully the numbers back up the consensus.

As said elsewhere I still have little time for the concept of RT but as I also said before, the positive buzz and word of mouth that the site generates can't be underestimated.

Just read the headline of The Guardian which gave WW 2 stars not reading any reviews after seeing this headline I'll see it for myself later in the week.

Headline.

Wonder Woman review – glass ceiling intact as Gal Gadot reduced to weaponised Smurfette

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

Just read the headline of The Guardian which gave WW 2 stars not reading any reviews after seeing this headline I'll see it for myself later in the week.

Headline.

Wonder Woman review – glass ceiling intact as Gal Gadot reduced to weaponised Smurfette

That review is completely out of kilter with all the others bar one which has the title:

WONDER WOMAN MOVIE REVIEW: MORE COCKAMAMIE SUPERHERO SPECTACLE

And has a tagline of:

"The hero faces off against a seemingly insurmountable bad-guy-from-Central-Casting, throwing around what appears to be a range of fluorescent Photoshop-generated squiggly lines."

There is a reviewer who has no business reviewing movies of this genre in fairness.

What encourages me is that critics who openly did not like BvS are praising this movie.

I dunno, 'weaponised Smurfette' made me chuckle :) Hey, I like The Guardian, read it & think it a good paper with a noble investigative heart, but I'm not blind to the fact it has an angle, and can be insufferably earnest more often than not.

JL tv spot.

Just caught Wonder Woman, really enjoyed it. Couple of niggly things if you wanted to pick at it but an awful lot of fun and pretty true to the character.

Just going into it now.

See even hating this WB/DC universe they still get my money.

• Advertisement

Will probably by Saturday morning or Sunday until I see it. Enjoy whoever's going before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

It's not out in Spain until the end of the month... ridiculous...

I really liked the film it has a lot of flaws some pretty ropey CGI and like most comicbook/superhero film the end fight scene struggles.

It does have a few things that make the film stand out from the others in this Universe it has heart along with Gal Gadot & Chris Pine who just have charm and charisma.

But really it's all about Gadot she owns the role and it worth watching just seeing Diana grow during the film.

I really liked the film it has a lot of flaws some pretty ropey CGI and like most comicbook/superhero film the end fight scene struggles.

It does have a few things that make the film stand out from the others in this Universe it has heart along with Gal Gadot & Chris Pine who just have charm and charisma.

But really it's all about Gadot she owns the role and it worth watching just seeing Diana grow during the film.

The ropey CGI was my main niggle :D

I thought Gadot was great. Would happily watch her in tht role for quite a few more films!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Ropey cgi and way too much slow motion. I really enjoyed it up until the last battle which was a bit meh. I still loved it though, Gal Gadot is so good as Wonder Woman so I could forgive the little annoyances

Overall, Wonder Woman was really strong. I have a few issues with it, chief among them being Major
    Steve Trevor being in the WWI time period in the first place and then dying
    but there was a lot if good in it. Unquestionably, Gal Gadot was the highlight; she's nailed it. Chris Pine was also great. Villains were okay. The terrible accents by all of the Amazons (apart from Gadot, who just spoke with her real accent) were really distracting.

I thought it was great. Few niggles here and there, but overall it was very enjoyable. Gadot and Pine were both great. The action was great and they kept combining her different weapons and abilities in great ways. The Amazon scenes were well done and I really enjoyed Robin Wright in particular.

Overall, really enjoyed it and hopefully the first sign of DC turning the tide.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Went in with low expectations about the film, made it more enjoyable, all around good movie.

So my main question, where exactly does Wonder Woman sit chronologically in the whole DCEU?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Went in with low expectations about the film, made it more enjoyable, all around good movie.

So my main question, where exactly does Wonder Woman sit chronologically in the whole DCEU?

Is it that you haven't seen other DCEU films so?

The present day scenes are post BvS / suicide squad and before Justice League (I'm guessing).

The main film obviously is 95 years or so before Man of Steel.

Wonder Woman (main film)
    Man of steel
    BvS
    Suicide squad
    Wonder woman (present day scenes)
    Justice League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Is it that you haven't seen other DCEU films so?

The present day scenes are post BvS / suicide squad and before Justice League (I'm guessing).

The main film obviously is 95 years or so before Man of Steel.

Wonder Woman (main film)
    Man of steel
    BvS
    Suicide squad
    Wonder woman (present day scenes)
    Justice League

I have seen the other DC films, I just never thought/considered thinking where and when the WW film sits in the DCEU timeline, until yesterday night after seeing the film.

Advertisement