Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given Reeves' previous comments about wanting to do a more 'Noir', detective focused film, I wonder how much of that plays into the decision to junk Afflecks script. Despite Wonder Woman's success I remain cautious that the DCEU can be truly redeemed. At least Diana was a relatively blank slate around which a good film could be built, but Batman was already aggressively defined in all his murderous, criminal-branding glory during BvS...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

pixelburp wrote: »
    Given Reeves' previous comments about wanting to do a more 'Noir', detective focused film, I wonder how much of that plays into the decision to junk Afflecks script. Despite Wonder Woman's success I remain cautious that the DCEU can be truly redeemed. At least Diana was a relatively blank slate around which a good film could be built, but Batman was already aggressively defined in all his murderous, criminal-branding glory during BvS...

Honestly I don't think it'd take that much effort to change direction if the will is there.

It's not like the world is full of people complaining the MCU is not following the direction of Hulk. We're on our third version of Spidey in 15 years. If people like what they're doing they seem to ignore the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm hoping seeing as San Diego Comic Con is on the horizon, that Warner/DC have a director locked in for The Flash film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I assume Affleck will be out next or will play a baton-passing role in the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Neeson did well in the Taken movies but they weren't really taken all that seriously. Part of the fun of them was that the role didn't really fit him. The incongruity made it a laugh. I don't think he's intimidating enough to stand against Batman; not in that way at least.

Manganiello isn't a great actor, though likeable enough. I don't think he'd make a great Deathstroke either tbh.

I think Neeson already stood pretty well against Batman before.

The script change makes sense, although, I really would have liked to see what Affleck and Johns had in store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I think Neeson already stood pretty well against Batman before.

12 years ago, absolutely. And he was very well fitted to their version of R'as al Ghul. But Slade Wilson is a totally different kind of monster and I don't think he'd be physically up for it. Just my opinion but I think someone more physically intimidating would be needed for Deathstroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Batman now won't be released till 2019.

The Batman now won't be released till 2019.

After Aquaman, do any of DC's movies have definite release dates? Is Aquaman their only 2018 release?

After Aquaman, do any of DC's movies have definite release dates? Is Aquaman their only 2018 release?

It is, Wikipedia has The Flash down for a March 2018 initial release, but at the pace their going, it'll be 2019 I feel.

Though the DC Cinematic sub reddit has it down as TBD.

Shazam is to be released in 2019 and Cyborg & Green Lantern Corps both in 2020.

Since the only ones actually filming are JL and Aquaman who really knows.

I'd guess WW2 will be rushed out now after it was a hit.

• Advertisement

Haven't they all but scrapped Shazam in favour of a Black Adam movie? Without specific release dates, I'm gonna assume those movies are pending at best.

Haven't they all but scrapped Shazam in favour of a Black Adam movie? Without specific release dates, I'm gonna assume those movies are pending at best.

Nope, Shazam (and again I'm going off the DC Cinematic sub reddit) is down for a April 2019 release, and Black Adam is TBD.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Nope, Shazam (and again I'm going off the DC Cinematic sub reddit) is down for a April 2019 release, and Black Adam is TBD.

Ooh, interesting! But still no casting news for the lead...

Ooh, interesting! But still no casting news for the lead...

Nothing yet regarding a lead actor, but with Comic Con on the horizon, that could change..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Nothing yet regarding a lead actor, but with Comic Con on the horizon, that could change..

Good call. Be interesting to see who they've got in mind for it...

12 years ago, absolutely. And he was very well fitted to their version of R'as al Ghul. But Slade Wilson is a totally different kind of monster and I don't think he'd be physically up for it. Just my opinion but I think someone more physically intimidating would be needed for Deathstroke.

Ah yeah, fair enough, misunderstood your op. Think he would definitely have had the physicality 10 years ago but in the last taken it took 87 cuts to get him over a fence so I feel he is too old.

Shazam/Captain Marvel is a tough role to cast. For some reason Channing Tatum keeps popping up in my head because he's closer than a lot of people to the role and could definitely portray being a kid in a mans body.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Shazam/Captain Marvel is a tough role to cast. For some reason Channing Tatum keeps popping up in my head because he's closer than a lot of people to the role and could definitely portray being a kid in a mans body.

Tatum is tied up with that Gambit movie that is definitely going to happen.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Tatum is tied up with that Gambit movie that is definitely going to happen.

Any day now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I don't think so. I think after WW they're focusing on more female lead films so there's less pressure to push a Batman solo out. I wouldn't be surprised if I see Gotham City Sirens and Batgirl before I see The Batman.....and I don't necessarily feel upset about it.

The thing about Shazam is they need someone as physically intimidating as Cahill at the very least. That's not the easiest thing to find when you also need them to be a strong enough actor to carry their own movie.
    Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I don't think so. I think after WW they're focusing on more female lead films so there's less pressure to push a Batman solo out. I wouldn't be surprised if I see Gotham City Sirens and Batgirl before I see The Batman.....and I don't necessarily feel upset about it.

Agreed on all points. Though I can't say I'm super psyched about GCS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Oh for crying out loud, will the meddling ever stop.

It looked over to me once he was out of writing and directing duties.

It probably wasn't going to be announced because he was still film JL I wouldn't be surprised once JL is finished that it will be made official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Tbh if he's gone I'm ok with that.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Tbh if he's gone I'm ok with that.

It's the thoughts of someone other than Bruce Wayne in the cowl that is the worst part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

If they did their version of Batman Beyond then I wouldn't be too disappointed. Although I'd still much prefer to see Affleck's batman.

For beyond to work obviously they would have to change a couple of things to fit it in with the DCEU (timeline mainly) but the biggest problem is that is Bruce Wayne is still a big part of that Batman. I'd seriously doubt that's the plan though.

Wouldn't be surprised if they killed off Batman in JL or something stupid and then just did Standalone films telling his story from his younger days. Prequels are rarely good imo.

That or some flash timeline meddling.

This is seriously disappointing.

An ongoing DCEU without the franchise character just doesn't seem right.

Recasting him younger really wouldn't surprise me the way they have run this universe so far.

Regarding the delayed The Flash film, I read somewhere that it won't be an origin story (which we already know due to Batman v Superman & the forthcoming Justice League) and that Nora Allen (whoever lands that role for the film) was murdered by Eobard Thawne/The Reverse Flash in 2003.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

DCEU.... They're cursed..

I liked Affleck, but I'm happy with a younger recast.. No reason for Night wing or beyond BS

Advertisement