Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

It's the thoughts of someone other than Bruce Wayne in the cowl that is the worst part.

Yeah that is true. If I was to guess I imagine Affleck did his duty for Justice League. He'll probably end up dead in the film with the solo films following his journey from youth vigilante to his death in JL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Not a chance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Flash movie titled is
    FLASHPOINT

Wonder Woman sequel officially confirmed.

Ben Affleck has shot down the rumours that he was leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ben Affleck has shot down the rumours that he was leaving.

Hard to know if you should believe him or not. Like he was always going to say that will JL coming out. Wait and see I suppose. I think he'll do the one solo film and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Quiet liked that trailer I have to say.

Overly CGI'ed but a lot better than the first one they released.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,658 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Flash movie titled is
    FLASHPOINT
    God f*cking dammit... Once again, using a huge, probably the biggest story for the character.... and it hasn't been earned. It's going to have no effect because it's the characters first film. Why?

Penn wrote: »
    God f*cking dammit... Once again, using a huge, probably the biggest story for the character.... and it hasn't been earned. It's going to have no effect because it's the characters first film. Why?

Exactly, I mean the required elements for it haven't even been introduced into the DCEU. OR they already have and it'll be explained in the film.

This is why origin films are important.

Watched the trailer again and the name dropped
    Lanterns
    so are they ruining what would have been better off left as a surprise.

• Advertisement

I was watching a video from some people who were at the hall H panel for Justice League and they said a little kid asked the panel where Superman was in this film..

Jason Momoa replied "Did your parents not show you the last movie kid? He's dead" :D

Gal Gadot added "If you are a Superman fan, you will like this movie".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Penn wrote: »

Not gonna agree with "biggest" but 100% agree with the rest of this post. Mental idea!

Watched the trailer again and the name dropped
    Lanterns
    so are they ruining what would have been better off left as a surprise.

I think, and I could possibly be wrong, but they could've thrown it in as a nod for the fans..

I think, and I could possibly be wrong, but they could've thrown it in as a nod for the fans..

I think I agree tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I was watching a video from some people who were at the hall H panel for Justice League and they said a little kid asked the panel where Superman was in this film..

Jason Momoa replied "Did your parents not show you the last movie kid? He's dead" :D

Gal Gadot added "If you are a Superman fan, you will like this movie".

Yeah a nice nod and to just set the idea that there is Green Lanterns out there. I wonder how much of the audience would link it to Reynold's Green Lantern expecting that... Do general audiences even remember there was a green lantern movie?

You are probably right but this is the DCEU so I wouldn't be surprised if they are shoehorned in.

You are probably right but this is the DCEU so I wouldn't be surprised if they are shoehorned in.

Good point they have announced
    Flashpoint
    without any prior buildup/earning the right to tackle that story line. Though if
    Green Lantern
    were in the film, surely in this day and age where stuff leaks online, someone would've gotten pictures of an actor in the suit on set. Or someone on set would've snapped a photo?

Guess we'll have to just wait and see when the movie comes out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I would say flashpoint is going to be a grand reset for the DCEU.

Good excuse to replace who they want, rewrite what hasn't hit, and keep the good stuff (Wonder Woman, Margot Robbie, I think they're gonna burn everything else established so far.)

I'm curious to see how they do Flashpoint, I mean that'd be a story-line for a 3rd Flash film, let alone the first, unless Warner/DC have some method in their bloody madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Right. Gave it a think. On the basis of the 4 min justice league trailer, they might be able to pull off Flashpoint (if my understanding of the animated movie is anything to go by).

- the amazons look like they are in the game
    - wonder woman is established as god killer tier
    - the atlantians will probably be fairly ralliable as the two cities will probably be under Aquamans leadership following his film

Now, I don't see the conflict between the earth nations yet or a rivalry between Wonder Woman and Aquaman but I'm guessing that will be including in the direction the overarching story is going.

Everything going all kinds of wrong is possibly there through the mist of the story they have going. The earth might be in a bad place following alien invasion. Infighting might takeover. Flashpoint needed.

Ah it's all so complication but that's why they get paid the big bucks right?

Slydice wrote: »
    Right. Gave it a think. On the basis of the 4 min justice league trailer, they might be able to pull off Flashpoint (if my understanding of the animated movie is anything to go by).

- the amazons look like they are in the game
    - wonder woman is established as god killer tier
    - the atlantians will probably be fairly ralliable as the two cities will probably be under Aquamans leadership following his film

Now, I don't see the conflict between the earth nations yet or a rivalry between Wonder Woman and Aquaman but I'm guessing that will be including in the direction the overarching story is going.

Everything going all kinds of wrong is possibly there through the mist of the story they have going. The earth might be in a bad place following alien invasion. Infighting might takeover. Flashpoint needed.

Ah it's all so complication but that's why they get paid the big bucks right?

Left out Barry going back in time and saving his mother from being murdered by The Reverse Flash. That's a CRUCIAL element to the story. We know Barry's fast (Batman v Superman), but we haven't seen him go fast enough to punch a barrier in space time.

Flash travels through time in the BvS scene when he warns Bruce about Lois being the key and to find the rest.

From Deborah Snyder :

As we started then we worked on our script, I think we were in the middle of shooting and we started working on the outline for the next movie and where they go, and Zack said, ‘Oh my God let’s add this moment that is gonna pay off down the road, and we’ll find out more information.’”

Now if they are still on that plan or not is a completely different conversation. But you would think that was about setting up a Flash story line.

JL may give a better idea given that it would have been the film they were working on the outline for when they decided to add that scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Left out Barry going back in time and saving his mother from being murdered by The Reverse Flash. That's a CRUCIAL element to the story. We know Barry's fast (Batman v Superman), but we haven't seen him go fast enough to punch a barrier in space time.
    Yes I did! Just had to refresh myself on the story using wiki:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League:_The_Flashpoint_Paradox

Also took the opportunity to find out who check who played
    Thomas Wayne
    again.

It was Oh he fits the part alright!

Slydice wrote: »
    Yes I did! Just had to refresh myself on the story using wiki:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League:_The_Flashpoint_Paradox

Also took the opportunity to find out who check who played
    Thomas Wayne
    again.

It was Oh he fits the part alright!

Oh please, please Warner/DC get this right, I would LOVE to see that on the big screen.

Flash travels through time in the BvS scene when he warns Bruce about Lois being the key and to find the rest.

That scene was bananas. Right after that, Bruce wakes up, implying he'd dreamed the visit from The Flash. But then there's still physical fallout from the dream visit (a piece of paper blowing in the air in the wake of the Flash's lightning). No sense whatsoever...
    Oh please, please Warner/DC get this right, I would LOVE to see that on the big screen.

I mean, the likelihood of them doing it in any way well....

That scene was bananas. Right after that, Bruce wakes up, implying he'd dreamed the visit from The Flash. But then there's still physical fallout from the dream visit (a piece of paper blowing in the air in the wake of the Flash's lightning).

Yeah it's a bit weird alright. But it happens :D

Yeah it's a bit weird alright. But it happens :D

Apparently! God, I hate that movie...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,658 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That scene was bananas. Right after that, Bruce wakes up, implying he'd dreamed the visit from The Flash. But then there's still physical fallout from the dream visit (a piece of paper blowing in the air in the wake of the Flash's lightning). No sense whatsoever...

Especially senseless considering in the split second between Flash disappearing and the paper blowing in the air, Batman has to f*cking fall asleep and wake back up.

• Advertisement

Reading this morning that Joss is going to be getting co-writer and producer credits as well.

Also a mustache is causing reshoot problems you really couldn't make this stuff up.

Advertisement