Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also a mustache is causing reshoot problems you really couldn't make this stuff up.

Yeah, Cavill is shooting Mission Impossible 6 at the minute and has a moustache in the film which he's contractually obligated to keep, so doing JL reshoots in between his MI6 work means his moustache will have to be removed digitally in post-production.

November is creeping up on them fast...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

LOL.

Like, seriously, I genuinely laughed out loud about that moustache story. That's inane. Why can't they do like Cesar Romero in the 60s Batman and just put make-up over the moustache? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    LOL.

Like, seriously, I genuinely laughed out loud about that moustache story. That's inane. Why can't they do like Cesar Romero in the 60s Batman and just put make-up over the moustache? :D

What moustache? :D

kotm-jokerstache-full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Oh please, please Warner/DC get this right, I would LOVE to see that on the big screen.

Grace just did a video on it. Makes a call that the outcome could be Damian Wayne! Now that could be cool!

Note: this video contains A LOT of details about Flashpoint

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I have to say lads super moustache has brought unending joy also :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It's post Jason Todd in Batman vs Superman so chronologically Damian would be right on cue. Really hope Ra's Al Ghul makes an appearance plus with the proposed villain the Titans could be next movie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Would the general Batman non comic book reading audience that watches the films even have a clue who Damian Wayne is?

That alone could lead to a drop in film audiences who have for generations only been shown Bruce Wayne as Batman with no hint whatsoever that anyone else could/would and has been Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I have to say lads super moustache has brought unending joy also :D

I told my friend about this, he jokingly said Mexican Super-man is appearing in Justice League, I'll admit I got a chuckle out of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I dunno, I think the moustache actually improves things ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Would the general Batman non comic book reading audience that watches the films even have a clue who Damian Wayne is?

That alone could lead to a drop in film audiences who have for generations only been shown Bruce Wayne as Batman with no hint whatsoever that anyone else could/would and has been Batman.

I'd say it would be down to how they introduce him. If they build up to it somehow, it might do the trick.

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »
    I'd say it would be down to how they introduce him. If they build up to it somehow, it might do the trick.

We have seen nothing so far from the DCEU to suggest they could do that and if the do a hard reboot with the Flash movie in 2020 that could just complicate everything even more.

The Batman film will be rushed to screen at around the same time to get out before The Flash so everything will be rushed from what I can see right now.

If Affleck is in that film it makes it even more of a mess to reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Lads, no chance of Batman not being Bruce Wayne..
    Change of actor if anything..

It's DC WB golden goose.

Lads, no chance of Batman not being Bruce Wayne..
    Change of actor if anything..

It's DC WB golden goose.

Then stay away from Flashpoint spoilers.

Yea Flashpoint is a big event... But if Affleck wants out, that's gonna be the biggest change after....
    I just can't see anything major change except an actor change..

No way will Thomas Wayne be introduced as the new Batman.. Sorry I should rephrase,... As the permenant Batman..

Will Damian arrive, maybe.. But Batman will be Bruce Wayne..

Permanent..... Dammit

With Warner/DC, you never really know what they're gonna do.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    With Warner/DC, They you never really know what they're gonna do.

fyp :)

They can do Flashpoint, BANG, "some things are the same, some are different, oh look Batman is a different thing". Doesn't even need to not be Bruce Wayne.

It's no more weird than the reset stories DC do anyway :D

Zack Snyder no longer to have any creative influence in the DCEU...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

^^I'd thank that post every day for the rest of my life if I could.

• Advertisement

Positive news, albeit borne from such a personal tragedy for the Synders.

Even if all this Flashpoint speculation turns out to be true, surely the most immediate puzzle to be solved for DC is to get - and KEEP - a director for The Flash. Correct me if I'm wrong but that position is still vacant, right?

DCEU started in 2013 with Man Of Steel and has been a total mess since so much so the producers need to do a hard reboot as a whole with a film that has as much trouble as any other film in the series with multiple directors attached before being removed of leaving and it still does not have a director attached.

So it seems the DCEU have the story they want to tell in the Flashpoint film and now need to get a director to do has he/she is told.

The Batman fiasco has shown that won't work moving on from Batfleck taking over to everything in the DCEU to well just staying on as Batman to well now maybe leaving depending on the above Flash film.

The new Batman director said he wants to come in and make a trilogy and change the whole tone of The Batman.

What's to say the new Flash director won't want to same creative control.

It's a total and utter mess and it could be another decade before it even looks like it will be back on track.

Maybe they should just stop right now and do a clean reboot using WW as there starting point.

DCEU started in 2013 with Man Of Steel and has been a total mess since so much so the producers need to do a hard reboot as a whole with a film that has as much trouble as any other film in the series with multiple directors attached before being removed of leaving and it still does not have a director attached.

So it seems the DCEU have the story they want to tell in the Flashpoint film and now need to get a director to do has he/she is told.

The Batman fiasco has shown that won't work moving on from Batfleck taking over to everything in the DCEU to well just staying on as Batman to well now maybe leaving depending on the above Flash film.

The new Batman director he wants to come in and make a trilogy and change the whole tone of The Batman.

What's to say the new Flash director won't want to same creative control.

It's a total and utter mess and it could be another decade before it even looks like it will be back on track.

Maybe they should just stop right now and do a clean reboot using WW as there starting point.

Affleck aside I don't think they really need to reboot. Jessica Jones and GOTG exist in the same fictional universe and are utterly accepted as being so. All you'd need is a- and this is the important thing- good movie in whatever direction they want to pivot and all would be good.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Positive news, albeit borne from such a personal tragedy for the Synders.

Even if all this Flashpoint speculation turns out to be true, surely the most immediate puzzle to be solved for DC is to get - and KEEP - a director for The Flash. Correct me if I'm wrong but that position is still vacant, right?

Correct, no director is attached to The Flash film.

Ezra Miller on how The Flash's super speed scenes were filmed for Justice League.
    Sometimes they make me run. Which I was outraged because I thought, you know, playing The Flash, this will be great, you can't see him running so this will be easy! No, no, Ezra, we need you to run. We have this enormous treadmill that's called, I think, The Tumblelator, that's like 25 feet long, goes 45 miles per hour and its bouncy, like a trampoline. Pretty much a dream come true. Then, they strap me into a harness, we do all sorts of stuff. What we're creating is a vocabulary; where choreography meets visual effects. And what we're trying to implement is a wide diversity of tactics of how we create these moments and... A lot of The Flash is his perception.

Also Grant Gustin is supportive of Miller in the role.
    Ezra is absolutely the more established actor in film, with the acting chops to back it up. I’m excited to see what he does with Barry Allen/The Flash.

Manganiello said last night....
    Manganiello was asked about the status of Deathstroke being in The Batman. He first said, “I don’t,” before adding, “Well, I do but nothing that I can share. I know everything but I can’t say any of it.” The publication followed up by asking Manganiello when he would be able to share anything, to which he replied, “It’s not up to me. That’s a good question for Warner Bros. and D.C.”

People seem to take this that he is now out.

Was going around on Twitter early this morning, but has since been shot down that Ben Affleck has signed on for Matt Reeves The Batman trilogy, which could eventually set up a Batman Beyond film.

http://screenrant.com/batman-ben-affleck-matt-reeves-trilogy-dceu/

And Suicide Squad 2 has lost it's director Jaume Collet-Serra.

He dropped out of it to direct a film based on a Disney theme park ride starring The Rock.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the producer's office of the DCEU I'd say that would make a better movie than most of the DCEU movies.

• Advertisement

He dropped out of it to direct a film based on a Disney theme park ride starring The Rock.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the producer's office of the DCEU I'd say that would make a better movie than most of the DCEU movies.

Working for Warner/DC or doing a movie based on a Disney theme park ride with The Rock, he chose wisely...

Must be madness, ideas are in place, but the tinkering from above, Geoff Johns must be pulling his hair out.

Advertisement