Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The biggest flaw in James Cameron's comments is that WW is accurate to her comics depiction. She is meant to be a beauty, who is also a fierce and skilled warrior, and her outfit was pretty much accurate from the comics.

Sure, if you're creating a character from scratch, Cameron might have a point, but it just doesn't compare here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Reluctant to extrapolate or read too much from Cameron's words, given this is the man who praised Terminator Genisys to high heavens, but it's telling that he thinks a strong female lead character can only be thus if she's emotionally broken & damaged. This is also the man who famously thought nothing of basically torturing his cast for The Abyss, so he's possibly not the best person to make any value judgements about decent, normal behaviour :D

Jenkins made a response via Twitter anyway; seems measured enough given the platform:

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/900917648015405062/photo/1

pixelburp wrote: »
    Reluctant to extrapolate or read too much from Cameron's words, given this is the man who praised Terminator Genisys to high heavens, but it's telling that he thinks a strong female lead character can only be thus if she's emotionally broken & damaged. This is also the man who famously thought nothing of basically torturing his cast for The Abyss, so he's possibly not the best person to make any value judgements about decent, normal behaviour :D

Jenkins made a response via Twitter anyway; seems measured enough given the platform:

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/900917648015405062/photo/1

Was just coming back to post her response too. Hard to argue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seeing reports now that Gotham City Sirens is being replaced by the Joker and Harley Quinn Movie.

You'd get the feeling they don't know what they are doing over at DC/WB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Jeeeeeeesus.

• Advertisement

They have some of the greatest characters that deserve to shine for the world to see yet they can't seem to make it work!

It's a crying shame because as a fan I want to see them make great movies.

WW has it flaws but it's great I really really hope they can build on that and stop the behind the scenes crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Seeing reports now that Gotham City Sirens is being replaced by the Joker and Harley Quinn Movie.

You'd get the feeling they don't know what they are doing over at DC/WB.

Do we know who's the likeliest to blame for this continuing indecision? IIRC Geoff Johns was supposed to right the creative ship ....

It does seem there is a power struggle going on behind the scenes.

I wonder does bringing in Joss change everything.

I'm guessing yes if The Justice League is a smash hit then he will become the major player behind the scenes if it's not we may have more of the same for the next few years.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Do we know who's the likeliest to blame for this continuing indecision? IIRC Geoff Johns was supposed to right the creative ship ....

I'd imagine it's far above him. The fact that his and Affleck's script for The Batman was thrown out when Reeves came on board shows how little that whole thing actually meant. WB execs have the power and they ain't giving it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I have a new policy when it comes to DC movies. Until I see confirmed set photos, it isn't happening.

They really need to focus on establishing their top tier characters now, rather than things like Elseworlds stories and Joker spin-offs.

First up before Aquaman and Shazam should have been Green Lanterns in my opinion. The possibilities it could've opened up for them, a whole Star Wars like universe just waiting to be mined, but they're afraid to touch it. If done right it could easily rival Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Am I bonkers or would Will Polter make a good Joker, he nearly was Pennywise in the remake of IT. Got the features for a Hammil esque turn in the role.

gloobag wrote: »
    I have a new policy when it comes to DC movies. Until I see confirmed set photos, it isn't happening.

They really need to focus on establishing their top tier characters now, rather than things like Elseworlds stories and Joker spin-offs.

First up before Aquaman and Shazam should have been Green Lanterns in my opinion. The possibilities it could've opened up for them, a whole Star Wars like universe just waiting to be mined, but they're afraid to touch it. If done right it could easily rival Guardians of the Galaxy.

It's a good policy! And you're not wrong; developing the top tier should have been priority #1. The Flash should've been the next movie after WW.

And their obsession with doing movies about villains could only be a terrible misguided interpretation of people saying "DC does villains better than Marvel." Idiots...

Am I bonkers or would Will Polter make a good Joker, he nearly was Pennywise in the remake of IT. Got the features for a Hammil esque turn in the role.

Bit young for the role but I think they need to retire the character for a while anyway...

Joss Whedon is getting a writing credit on Justice League.

So along with major reshoots it seems Joss may have changed it a fair bit from what it was when he arrived on the scene.

They will have a lot of work to get everything re-edited and knitted together to make the November release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

Joss Whedon is getting a writing credit on Justice League.

So along with major reshoots it seems Joss may have changed it a fair bit from what it was when he arrived on the scene.

They will have a lot of work to get everything re-edited and knitted together to make the November release date.

I'm assuming even if he just wrote dialog for one scene he would get a writing credit, so I don't think this is evidence in itself that there have been major changes.

techdiver wrote: »
    I'm assuming even if he just wrote dialog for one scene he would get a writing credit, so I don't think this is evidence in itself that there have been major changes.

Was there not talk that most of the ending has been changed (
    Darkseid was supposed to show up at the end but he's been removed now and so Steppenwolf is basically the only real villain in the movie
    )?

Penn wrote: »
    Was there not talk that most of the ending has been changed (
    Darkseid was supposed to show up at the end but he's been removed now and so Steppenwolf is basically the only real villain in the movie
    )?

I believe that is all it was "talk". No definitive proof as far as I saw that Darkseid was to be in the movie at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

More info came out today about the Joker spin off. Seemingly he'll be a victim of childhood bullying due to having the permanent smile as a child. Yikes.

More info came out today about the Joker spin off. Seemingly he'll be a victiming of childhood bullying due to have the permanent smile as a child. Yikes.

Jesus....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭kerplun k

More info came out today about the Joker spin off. Seemingly he'll be a victiming of childhood bullying due to have the permanent smile as a child. Yikes.

Man, that's just creepy.

• Advertisement

I believe that is all it was "talk". No definitive proof as far as I saw that Darkseid was to be in the movie at all...

Well unless someone posts both versions of the scripts all we have is "talk". It is a discussion board after all.

However the "talk" is not without merit. Justice League was originally supposed to be two movies, a Part 1 and 2, but they changed it and are just going with Justice League 1 and Justice League 2 as separate films. So the idea of a cliffhanger ending as part of the original makes sense. Now that Joss is in charge though, he hugely dislikes cliffhanger endings (http://screenrant.com/joss-whedon-star-wars-empire-strikes-back-ending/. So again, it makes sense that if there was a cliffhanger ending, Joss might remove it.

Again, it's all "talk", but it's talk worth talking about.

Gavin O'Connor to direct Suicide Squad 2.

Good choice.

Some reports out there today that all of
    ........Lex Luthor.........
    scenes have been cut from JL.

If it's still on the cutting room with about 7 weeks to go before release they are cutting it close.

No pun intended but it works :)

If it's still on the cutting room with about 7 weeks to go before release they are cutting it close.

No pun intended but it works :)

Oh no...
    Who'll make 86 references to the fact that Superman is kinda like a god?...

Just because early reactions are never wrong, I need to post this. :D

http://www.cbr.com/justice-league-audience-reaction/

Just because early reactions are never wrong, I need to post this. :D

http://www.cbr.com/justice-league-audience-reaction/

Yep all the same stuff sa8d before BvS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Pardon my ignorance, but what reports? is there a webpage with rumours or interviews?
    just curious, i have no access to media stuff.

Pardon my ignorance, but what reports? is there a webpage with rumours or interviews?
    just curious, i have no access to media stuff.

There is just a couple of hundreds out there.

http://comicbook.com/dc

http://screenrant.com/

http://www.cinemablend.com/

http://www.gamezone.com/

• Advertisement

Yes, thanks... I have a couple of them on the facebook feed... I haven´t seen anything about so and so being dropped...

I have Mamoa, Cavill and Gadot on Instagram, they seem like very likeable people, and being the obvious comic book fan, I want this film to succeed.. big time..

Advertisement