Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Yes, thanks... I have a couple of them on the facebook feed... I haven´t seen anything about so and so being dropped...

I have Mamoa, Cavill and Gadot on Instagram, they seem like very likeable people, and being the obvious comic book fan, I want this film to succeed.. big time..

Refreshing to read a post like this when it seems most are just waiting in the wings to tear this film to shreds and pick it a part with a mountain of cynicism and scepticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

kerplun k wrote: »
    Refreshing to read a post like this when it seems most are just waiting in the wings to tear this film to shreds and pick it a part with a mountain of cynicism and scepticism.

Any cynicism towards these films is completely based on their performance to date, and the wacky stuff that's happening behind the scenes. It's in no way unfounded or undeserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

Interesting and very exciting for a Superman nerd like me.

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2017/09/john-williams-iconic-superman-theme.html

I especially like this quote:
    The people at DC are starting to understand we’ve got these iconic bits from our past and that’s part of us, that’s part of our heritage — we shouldn’t run away from that.

Although it sounds like it's only going to be something subtle and not the full theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see talks today that DCEU are considering dropping the interconnectivity of their films going forward so JL maybe the last crossover in this Universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

17 mins from Bob on why and how he's got a 'Really That Bad' coming up for BvS:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I see talks today that DCEU are considering dropping the interconnectivity of their films going forward so JL maybe the last crossover in this Universe.

Seems DCEU name is just made up by entertainment weekly

Someone edit the title :D

https://batman-news.com/2017/09/30/dc-extended-universe-not-official/

So it will be the DC Films Universe going forward.

DCFU to the fans ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Crazy to think that (last time I checked) The Flash STILL has no director attached. I believe Robert Zemekis was rumoured to be heading it, but there has been nothing concrete ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Id be amazed if that's the case especially if the early reports about the reaction to JL are true.

Id be amazed if that's the case especially if the early reports about the reaction to JL are true.

I read the article on Vulture, which is what I think Coulson was referencing. When they say they are reconsidering the interconnectivity between the DCEU, or whatever it's called now, they don't mean ending or dropping it. It means they are dialling down linked narratives between each of the films, kinda like the way Wonder Women was very loosely connected to the other films, and Matt Reeves planned Batman film. It just means less cameos and setting up other films, and more focused storytelling on each individual film, which I think is actually a good thing.

• Advertisement

This is the article that everyone is getting excited about.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/dc-wonder-woman-movie-strategy-universe.html

With just under a month away for TJL, there seems to be a shocking lack promotion and hype around this. For the first time ever The Justice League will unit in a live action movie. I would have put a movie like this in the same bracket as Star Wars, Avengers, etc, for hype and excitement. There seems to be such little interest in it.

With just under a month away for TJL, there seems to be a shocking lack promotion and hype around this. For the first time ever The Justice League will unit in a live action movie. I would have put a movie like this in the same bracket as Star Wars, Avengers, etc, for hype and excitement. There seems to be such little interest in it.

I think the promotion will go into overdrive soon in terms of the cast doing TV appearances. I mean they've already had Gal hosting SNL.

The marketing has been ok in the midst of a chaotic production. I mean you know something is serious business when an Irish cinema has material up promoting the film months in advance of release.

As for hype, I'm still immensely looking forward to it but I'm also ok with my expectations set low. It'll be a miracle to be honest if Whedon has put something coherent together and I'd be concerned if that last trailer is a sign of what's to come.

But sure it's all much of a muchness to me at this stage, I'll still be there first thing on the Saturday morning. They don't really have to market at the likes of me. :pac:

Eiza González is the latest linked to the DCEU's Selina Kyle. Based on what I've seen of her in the FDTD TV series, I don't think she is quite at the level required.

Now if you said Selina Kyle in the Arrowverse, I'd say that's fine, but I just don't think she's at the level of who would be her co stars. On top of that would be the age difference between her and Affleck. The last thing Hollywood needs right now is to reinforce the older guy preying on a younger woman story.

Christ, this shouldn't be hard. You have so many women around Affleck's age that would kill it such as Carla Gugino and Eva Green. In fact, having an older Selina in a Sirens film would compliment the younger Harley and Batgirl down to a T.

Hopefully this is just ludicrous reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It's been reported that Gareth Evans (the Raid) is in talks to write and direct a solo Deathstroke movie

Sometimes I just feel like shouting FOCUS every time I hear the latest film in development.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, I hear you; they STILL have no director for The Flash, yet they're horse-trading directors for Deathstroke? Insanity...

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, I hear you; they STILL have no director for The Flash, yet they're horse-trading directors for Deathstroke? Insanity...

It’s crazy. Especially when you consider that Ezra Miller was cast almost 5 years ago. That’s half a decade. I wonder how much he has been paid for the little work that he has done and to hold onto the role and keep his schedule free, lots I bet, as they can’t just let him walk away now. He must be on some sort of retainer. It’s actually embarrassing at this point. A Flashpoint film would be a surefire hit. It’s just downright incompetence.

Zachary Levi cast as Shazam.

Was a big fan of Chuck, so interested in how this works out. He also played Fandral in Thor.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/shazam-star-zachary-levi-as-dc-hero-1049616

It’s crazy. Especially when you consider that Ezra Miller was cast almost 5 years ago. That’s half a decade. I wonder how much he has been paid for the little work that he has done and to hold onto the role and keep his schedule free, lots I bet, as they can’t just let him walk away now. He must be on some sort of retainer. It’s actually embarrassing at this point. A Flashpoint film would be a surefire hit. It’s just downright incompetence.

Is it really 5 years? ****ing hell.

Affleck was announced in 2013, I know that anyway. Mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Woah F*!k

I don't know much about Tonya Harding but like... looking at this with a view to Gotham City Sirens

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Asher Angel cast as Billy Batson in Shazam

Early reviews for JL more or less have a consensus; story and villain sh1t, but acting is at a high quality and film is tight at run time and a lot of fun.

Fun is word I never expected to be associated with a DCEU movie. The fun part probably comes from Whedon‘s meddling with Snyder’s uber serious vision. I would love if Joss Whedon went on to direct a Flash movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Where is the 5 years from? Was he not cast in 2014?

Ye I'm sure it was 2014 he was cast for the solo film to be released in 2018 so I guess you could say it would be 5 years from being cast to the film being released which now could turn out to be 6/7/8/9 years if it the solo film ever gets made.

Where is the 5 years from? Was he not cast in 2014?

Was it 2014? I thought it was longer than that.
    It’s still a shockingly long time to cast an actor, announce a film, and as from today, still not have a director or clear production start date. I think Whedon would be perfect for a project like this. If he had a good creative relationship with Miller on JL, it could happen.

Have a feeling Whedon wouldn't be a popular pick for a sequel.

Great to see the doom (not the legion of doom) merchants are out in full force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Was it 2014? I thought it was longer than that.
    It’s still a shockingly long time to cast an actor, announce a film, and as from today, still not have a director or clear production start date. I think Whedon would be perfect for a project like this. If he had a good creative relationship with Miller on JL, it could happen.

Yeah it's not great but it's fairly obvious at this stage that the plans set out then are gone. He's in a movie playing that character this Friday so 3 years between casting and appearing.

The Rock on the other hand was announced in 2014 as well I think and we're still probably 2 years away from seeing him at least.

Advertisement