Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Shazam! comic con trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slydice wrote: »
    Shazam! comic con trailer

I wanna believe this could be good, but after the Suicide Squad trailers, I'm keeping my hopes low...

It looks fun

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ye..No I won't be going to see it from that trailer anyway.

Slydice wrote: »
    It looks fun

Colorful even, and not the usual weighed down by dark & gritty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Good trailer for Shazam. It looks like good fun.

David Sanberg said on Twitter that over 100 actors were auditioned to play Shazam.

Aquaman has just appeared on stage now at Comic Con.

Aquaman comic con trailer:

Combined, I think the two trailers give a feel to the course correction that Walter Hamada is charting for the DCEU.

Less serious/dark than MoS/BvS but not daft like JL.

Now to sit and wait for the Wonder Woman & DCTV (separate universes I know) stuff to be released..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I wanna believe this could be good, but after the Suicide Squad trailers, I'm keeping my hopes low...

To be fair, a lot has changed since then. Shazam looks good, still think it should be John Cena though :pac:

• Advertisement

To be fair, a lot has changed since then. Shazam looks good, still think it should be John Cena though :pac:

Ye I think that's it Chuck just doesn't do it for me it needed to be Cena.

That Aquaman trailer looks awesome. I thought that was better than Shazam's trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Aquaman looks so good visually, not really feeling shazam but I'll probably go see it anyway. I love the dark, gritty DC

DCEU is now no more. It's now officially called Worlds of DC according to ScreenRant.
    Warner Bros.' Hall H panel at Comic-Con 2018 introduced its DC Films segment with the message "Welcome to the Worlds of DC," indicating that the DC movie franchises have now been officially branded "Worlds of DC," replacing the unofficial name "DC Extended Universe."

Marvel Studios pioneered the modern shared cinematic universe model with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but while Warner Bros.' collection of interlinked DC movies are generally referred to as the DC Extended Universe (or DCEU), the studio has never used that name. DC Films also appears to be moving away from keeping everything in the same shared universe; there's currently a standalone Joker movie in development starring Joaquin Phoenix (not Suicide Squad's Jared Leto) that appears to be entirely separate from the canon of Justice League and Batman V Superman.

https://screenrant.com/dc-extended-universe-officially-branded-worlds-dc/?utm_content=bufferaf1ed&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=SR-TW&utm_campaign=SR-TW

I suppose that is be a sensible call from WB. I think it is simpler to call it this way. The DCEU sounds like a confusing mouthful even though it was not the official title.

How do you see it with the name change?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Shazam looks like it could be a fun distraction, but Aquaman looks terrible. Like, I actually think it might be DC's first genuine flop; it's the first time DC are dipping into it's B-roster, without the aid of star power or the crutch of Superman / Batman to prop it up, and after the decision to introduce the characters in Justice League, it's debatable what kind of followthrough these solo films might have with its audience.

I might have been tempted to see what kind of adaptation DC made for Aquaman, but having seen those snippets from Justice League? I hated the guy, found him a complete douchebag and has already coloured my view on this spin off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

DCEU is now no more. It's now officially called Worlds of DC according to ScreenRant.

https://screenrant.com/dc-extended-universe-officially-branded-worlds-dc/?utm_content=bufferaf1ed&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=SR-TW&utm_campaign=SR-TW

I suppose that is be a sensible call from WB. I think it is simpler to call it this way. The DCEU sounds like a confusing mouthful even though it was not the official title.

How do you see it with the name change?

DC Alternative facts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Aquaman looks so good visually, not really feeling shazam but I'll probably go see it anyway. I love the dark, gritty DC

Really? I think it look horrendous, the effects on justice league to this seem laughable considering the money spent.

DC Alternative facts

Yeah. I just saw this article to confirm it. Thanks for telling me.

Shame. I think Worlds of DC is a good title.

• Advertisement

Shame. I think Worlds of DC is a good title.

I think it's a great title too, encompasses everything they've already done, and gives breathing space to the new stuff they're developing without wondering how/where each spin off would sit in the canon had they continued under DCEU banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have to say I quite enjoyed both trailers for Shazam and Aquaman. Could both be fun, interesting movies. Though I do hope the next trailer for Shazam shows us what he's up against rather than just jokey kid-becomes-superhero scenes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Penn wrote: »
    Have to say I quite enjoyed both trailers for Shazam and Aquaman. Could both be fun, interesting movies. Though I do hope the next trailer for Shazam shows us what he's up against rather than just jokey kid-becomes-superhero scenes

I think it would be cool if it was set during justice league where he played an unknown role. would be a good set up for a Supes cameo where he made a detour on the way to battling Steppenwolf.

I don't know why some media outlets would do that to confuse the fans. Maybe it was based on false rumours or something. I dunno.

I don't know why some media outlets would do that to confuse the fans. Maybe it was based on false rumours or something. I dunno.

More likely the race to be first out with the news doesn't leave much room for fact checking.

Edit: a banner was shown at the presentation that said "Welcome to the worlds of DC". Obviously a few took that as the new title for all the films and just started releasing that info. Others picked it up and instead of fact checking just had to be the first to get it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks like there might be a Supergirl film on the way:

https://deadline.com/2018/08/supergirl-movie-warner-bros-dc-comics-universe-oren-uziel-script-superman-1202440687/

Too early to say whether, or if, this would affect the CW show. Hopefully it doesn't.

Oh and apparently The Flash will finally start shooting in 2019. Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Developing....doesn't look like the changes at the top of the division have made any differences to the scatterbrained approach.

TBH, at this stage I'd be very surprised if even 50% of the myriad of productions are ever finished & released.

• Advertisement

I think I'm done completely with DC both Film and TV now it just all over the shop.

Saying that I will stick with Legends that is the only DC live action product i enjoy.

Advertisement