Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I totally missed this report from yesterday

https://twitter.com/THRFilm/status/1026869068928823302

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

**** sake! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I have nothing to contribute here except to exclaim, as loudly and obnoxiously as I can manage, Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah, I'm not clicking that link :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Had I stopped mid-ha, I might have twigged what was going on there. Hmmm, it ain't April 1st, not sure that sort of thing should be allowed :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭kerplun k

sky88 wrote: »
    I totally missed this report from yesterday

https://twitter.com/THRFilm/status/1026869068928823302

So this is a parody account.
    Cavill going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

kerplun k wrote: »
    So this is a parody account.
    Cavill going nowhere.

God im an idiot haha

Ah happens to the best of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

On the SuperGirl movie : Lots of things go into development and never see a movie screen. It's likely they are looking at scripts to see do they feel like they have anything worth pursuing. Until it starts filming I wouldn't take too much notice.

There's nothing wrong with a studio looking at their options either. I do wish though that they would keep these things in house so we could avoid the overreactions especially from the "News" sites.

Anyway this DC universe has already set up her introduction back in Man Of Steel. That's SuperGirl's ship that they find in the ice. I'd be interested will they continue with that story or start fresh.

On the SuperGirl movie : Lots of things go into development and never see a movie screen. It's likely they are looking at scripts to see do they feel like they have anything worth pursuing. Until it starts filming I wouldn't take too much notice.

There's nothing wrong with a studio looking at their options either. I do wish though that they would keep these things in house so we could avoid the overreactions especially from the "News" sites.

Anyway this DC universe has already set up her introduction back in Man Of Steel. That's SuperGirl's ship that they find in the ice. I'd be interested will they continue with that story or start fresh.

Sh1t didn't realise that was Supergirl's ship. Snyder does it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

How was it supergirls ship, it was buried there for 30,000 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

How was it supergirls ship, it was buried there for 30,000 years?

I too am confused by this. Where was it referenced that it was Supergirls ship? I don't even remember her name being mentioned. And as it crashed thousands of years ago (wasn't it something to do with looking for planets to teraform) how would Kara have been around back then? Where is she now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭techdiver

Bacchus wrote: »
    I too am confused by this. Where was it referenced that it was Supergirls ship? I don't even remember her name being mentioned. And as it crashed thousands of years ago (wasn't it something to do with looking for planets to teraform) how would Kara have been around back then? Where is she now?

https://imgur.com/a/mMCZm

Prequel comic to MOS by Zack Snyder, Geoff Johns and David Goyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

techdiver wrote: »

Ah ok, so outside of the movie. I guess as long as it's properly referenced in a movie context, the blanks can be filled in.

How is Kara around 20,000 years ago though if she's Superman's cousin. I know their lifespan is longer than humans, but is it really that long? Also, there's the big question of where she's been. She must have left Earth at some point given she wasn't around for the events of MoS, BvS or JS.

techdiver wrote: »

I have no access to this, can anyone get a screengrab, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have no access to this, can anyone get a screengrab, please?

zf6XPR8.jpg

Thanks Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

this shazam character is darker then him inthe comics, stop making are superheros darker then they are in the comics

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The Flash will be filmed in WB Studios at Leavesden in the UK from February 2019.

https://thegww.com/confirmed-flash-will-be-shooting-at-warner-bros-studios-in-leavesden-uk/

It's the same place where WW 84 is currently filming at the moment.

The Flash will be filmed in WB Studios at Leavesden in the UK from February 2019.

https://thegww.com/confirmed-flash-will-be-shooting-at-warner-bros-studios-in-leavesden-uk/

It's the same place where WW 84 is currently filming at the moment.

It's about damn time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's about damn time.

Deliberate pun? :D

Deliberate pun? :D

Might've been :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alec Baldwin Joins Todd Phillips’ ‘Joker’
    EXCLUSIVE: Alec Baldwin is boarding Todd Phillips’ Joker movie at Warner Bros in a supporting role, Deadline has learned. Cameras roll on September 10.

While Warner Bros has not confirmed what role, buzz is that Baldwin is poised play the role of Thomas Wayne, who in DC canon is Bruce Wayne/Batman’s father. Thomas Wayne was first introduced in Detective Comics #33 (Nov. 1939) and he is respected physician and philanthropist in Gotham City. Wayne and his wife are murdered exiting the theater, an incident which young Bruce witnesses. That becomes his m.o. for ultimately becoming a vigilante. In the early comics, Wayne’s murderer is mugger/hitman Joe Chill, but starting with the first Tim Burton 1989 Batman movie, it’s the Joker who is the culprit.

Baldwin joins a growing cast that includes Joaquin Phoenix in the title role, Robert De Niro, Frances Conroy, Marc Maron, and Zazie Beetz as Sophie Dumond. As has been previously reported, Phillips’ take on the famed DC character will possess a grittier, ’80s sensibility.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/joker-movie-todd-phillips-alec-baldwin-thomas-wayne-batman-father-1202452962/

I don´t knowif I can take another Thomas Wayne murder.... at least with the recent Spiderman Homecoming, it came with a pre-killed Uncle Ben....

At the very least it's safe to say this will be a Thomas Waybe like no other though.

Cast is looking great it has to be said. Baldwin, Phoenix, Dé Niro, Beetz, Maron... I mean that's awesome. Still not sure how I feel about the whole thing though because I doubt we're going to see Phoenix in the full garb.

Phoenix's take on the Joker is the big question mark and fascination for me: he's a fairly eccentric actor in his own right (no more than previous actors to play the role), and was such a left-of-field casting it's hard to be dead curious what he'll bring.

I'd say Phoenix's take on the Joker will help a lot of people forget the abomination portrayal in Suicide Squad.

Phoenix has done enough off beat roles to make me believe he'd be a class, and more importantly, traditional Joker. Just depends on how willing they are to embrace the source which I don't think they are.

Don't think Leto will be forgotten anyway as it sounds like he's at least marked in for Birds of Prey.

The circle that needs squaring is this production - and what still makes me worry it'll be a disaster - is it being a "55 million dollar", mob thriller film being proposed, versus the inevitable commercial pressures from executives convinced the film needs CGI set-pieces and a finale with a beam shooting into the sky.

I'll always defer to the Fantastic Four 2015 reboot in this sort of conversation: there was an interesting, quasi-horror film lurking around in the Josh Trank version before the studio freaked out, slapped a bad wig on Kate Mara and reshot the film into an unwatchable mush. I'm not sure audiences wanted a horror take on the IP, but it could have been bold & creative if nothing else.

• Advertisement

Advertisement