Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joss at DC didn't work out.

I have a feeling Gunn at DC won't work out either.

Also I was actually looking forward to Gavin O'Connor' version of Suicide Squad.

How long before Big Dave jumps ship to be a member of the Suicide Squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Joss at DC didn't work out.

I have a feeling Gunn at DC won't work out.

Also I was actually looking forward to Gavin O'Connor' version of Suicide Squad.

How long before Big Dave jumps ship to be a member of the Suicide Squad.

In fairness Joss didn't work out because through a certain set of circumstances he ended up making half a film he was barely supposed to be involved in. As for Batgirl, at least he realised he didn't have a story for it and bowed out.

Gunn could be a great fit for DC. His previous films before GOTG were a bit darker, and I think he could blend a darker tone with comedy better than Joss did in JL, with a new set of characters (most of the previous SS team should just be thrown away, start with completely new team).

As for Big Dave...
    https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1049764974812430337

I imagine he'll still be in GOTG3 both for contractual reasons and they've confirmed they're using James Gunn's script for it rather than rewriting, which was his line in the sand as to whether or not he'd try get out of his contract. But after that he might jump to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thing about using 'James Gunns' GotG3 script, if it wasn't a 100% final version, it's far more likely to have been a draft - a work in progress - and it's entirely possible that what started off as the work of Gunn gets chopped, changed, edited and doctored during production to suit budget / pacing / studio demands. An anonymous script doctor can be parachuted in to do enough changes such that it isn't even legally Gunn's work anymore - wouldn't be the first time that happened.

I don't believe for one second we'll actually 'get' GotG3 by James Gunn in other words. As to Suicide Squad 2? I dunno, on reflection I'm actually surprised he jumped back into the Blockbuster fray so soon, and picking a series that so deliberately aped his own previous work seems like a comfort zone.

All I ask is for Jared Leto's joker to be bumped off in the first five minutes, an imposter rumbled by the real Clown Prince of Crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised he jumped back into the Blockbuster fray so soon, and picking a series that so deliberately aped his own previous work seems like a comfort zone.

My read of it is it's a big 'up yours' to Disney. DC will happily 'steal' him from Disney and let him do his GotG magic on Suicide Squad. Disney messed up so bad with how they handled the whole thing and this is the parting kick in the nads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Guess which DC film has been delayed again? If you said "The Flash", ding-ding-ding you win a prize:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/flash-standalone-movie-release-date-1202980356/

So Ezra Miller's commitments with the 'Fantastic Beasts...' series means the already estimated production start has been pushed back to "late 2019".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Makes for depressing reading

Miller was first announced as flash, along with a solo movie 4 years ago

https://ew.com/movies/2018/10/16/the-flash-movie-timeline/

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

Makes for depressing reading

Miller was first announced as flash, along with a solo movie 4 years ago

https://ew.com/movies/2018/10/16/the-flash-movie-timeline/

Miller actor was good actor for the flash for justice league but he should got his solo movie 1st and then put him into the justice league in his age between 35-45 a 20s the flash ,he too young for the flash in justice league the justice league was group superheroes in their middle age roughly who had past life as superhero career and a life the flash was a boy justice league he should same age batman or superman someone is middle age not 20s.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Midnight's Edge (who I don't really trust, they seem to build themselves on attacking anything vaguely different) are reporting that
    the Joker is the hero and the Waynes are the villains, as out of touch Trump like characters
    in the stand alone Joker movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I heard on a similar note that essentially the Joker becomes an anti-authority symbol to the people of Gotham against the Waynes.
    An apparent plot leak also suggests that the film ends with:
    Joker taking revenge for the death of his wife, which he blames on Thomas Wayne. Where we see the Waynes walk down Crime Alley, cut to black followed by gunshots.

I don't know if that's any bit plausible, certainly sounds like fan-fic. I really have no idea how to feel about this Joker film.

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/1054437205203173381

Delay of 7 months for Wonder Woman, won't be out till 2020 now.
    Don't know why that's super exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

ThePott wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/1054437205203173381

Delay of 7 months for Wonder Woman, won't be out till 2020 now.
    Don't know why that's super exciting.
    They wanted a summer blockbuster date, but won't make the cut for June 2019? 2020 is so unnecessarily far away though.

DeWitt wrote: »
    They wanted a summer blockbuster date, but won't make the cut for June 2019? 2020 is so unnecessarily far away though.

Oh I have no doubt they wanted Summer after WW1 performed so well in the Summer, in fact this is around the same weekend 3 years later. I just found the wording of calling a delay exciting odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trying to take a 2020 summer date before Marvel unveil there's.

Next summer will have Marvels own first Female lead film Captain Marvel along with Avengers 4 and Spider-Man Far From Home no way did they want to go up against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Damn American date system. Thought they were going for the 6th of May 2020, which would normally be the week of the big Marvel movie for the year.

Not entirely sure what she means by "Thanks to the changing landscape". I guess she means the changes to the DCEU, but being set in 1984 I would have thought there was little-to-no connectivity anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, 2019 is fairly crammed alright. It's a good decision. WW was their biggest critical and commercial success and it makes sense to have it as their big big movie. I mean everyone knows it:

lightning bolt conducts 12 billion volts of electricity when shazam shots a lightning bolt into citizens smartphones he sending 12 billion volts of electricity into citizens smartphones, he lucky nobody has died bypassing that much electricity into citizens smartphones

Yeah, 2019 is fairly crammed alright. It's a good decision. WW was their biggest critical and commercial success and it makes sense to have it as their big big movie. I mean everyone knows it:

he zack snyder you see cyborg isn't part of the justice league he of teen titans

This may not be very mod-like, but lighten up Smertrius. C'mon. Superman shouldn't be able to fly or shoot lasers from his eyes either, but here we all are, enjoying the blatant fantasy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Smertrius wrote: »

he zack snyder you see cyborg isn't part of the justice league he of teen titans

You should maybe take a look at any justice league comic since 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

lightning bolt conducts 12 billion volts of electricity when shazam shots a lightning bolt into citizens smartphones he sending 12 billion volts of electricity into citizens smartphones, he lucky nobody has died bypassing that much electricity into citizens smartphones
    As with all fictional heroes, in all forms of media, his powers will vary depending on the needs of the story. Even without that, there's no reason to doubt that he has a certain amount of control of how much of a charge he wants to give....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Y.... You do know comics are ....... y'know, they're not real, right?..... Right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭kerplun k

The average bolt of lightning, striking from cloud to ground, contains roughly one billion joules of energy. This would be more than enough energy to fully charge a smart phone in a micro second. The worst thing that could happen is that the phone would be overloaded with juice and break which may cause your average citizen some stress. It’s not an ideal scenario, but we all make mistakes when we start s new job. Also Remember that Billy is just a kid so he will be prone to making some novice mistakes. As long as he learns his lesson, I will be okay with that.

Johnmb wrote: »
    As with all fictional heroes, in all forms of media, his powers will vary depending on the needs of the story. Even without that, there's no reason to doubt that he has a certain amount of control of how much of a charge he wants to give....
    these are comic books superheroes so their source comes from the comic books not the media
    You should maybe take a look at any justice league comic since 2011.

that is reboot series of comics of the justice league its reboot series, reboots don't count , only original comic books series of the justice league count

martian manhunter he proper member of justice league use him or John Stewart green lantern

Smertius your argument is totally flawed you can't cite the factual characteristics of a lightning bolt and then compare it to a comic book that is anything other than realistic or factual. The whole point of these books and movies is that they don't exist in reality, it's what makes them escapsim.

Not to mention you can't just stick to original canon as untouchable there's been dozens of retcons and changes to heroes for decades. Hell even calling him Shazam is essentially not adhering to the original story as he should be referred to as Captain Marvel and he wasn't even in the DC universe initially.
    If you're looking for an adaption that is slavish to any original comics you probably won't find it. It's natural for changes to be made as the medium they are presented in change.

Mellow out dude, you'll always have the comics if that's your preference. Just don't see the movie if you don't like how the character is presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

these are comic books superheroes so their source comes from the comic books not the media

that is reboot series of comics of the justice league its reboot series, reboots don't count , only original comic books series of the justice league count

martian manhunter he proper member of justice league use him or John Stewart green lantern

By your logic John Stewart shouldn’t be a member of the JL. It would be Hal Jordan. The original justice league lineup lasted only 6 issues before the cast was rapidly expanded. Also if reboots don’t count then nothing since Crisis on Infinite Earths doesn’t count. The Crisis started in 1985. I know your whole thing is talking ****e without any logic but come on.

i rather have black adam protecting the world then shazam

i love the comics book , you lot see not care about the comics book , if you did care about the comics would agree with me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGGOMGMGOMGOM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Who is this (incredibly annoying) woman and what are her sources?

This sounds like a terrible idea, reworking an entire film this late in the day is ridiculous even by WB standards.

Token "Who is Grace" post :D

Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Slydice wrote: »
    Token "Who is Grace" post :D

Classic!

Sorry, I wasn't being smart, I don't really follow YouTube channels. Just checked Twitter to see what people are saying and the general consensus seems to be that the story is rubbish.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Sorry, I wasn't being smart, I don't really follow YouTube channels. Just checked Twitter to see what people are saying and the general consensus seems to be that the story is rubbish.

Pinning their colours to their timelines so to speak :D

Advertisement