Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Sorry, I wasn't being smart, I don't really follow YouTube channels. Just checked Twitter to see what people are saying and the general consensus seems to be that the story is rubbish.

You're not missing much. She talks some amount of trash. I watched one of her videos recently about the Loki/DisneyFlix show, where she suggested that Tom Hiddleston career took a nosedive because he gave a bad speech when he got the Golden Globe for The Night Manager and suggested that "he was being relegated to the small screen".

One thing that I will say is that she gives you a small insight into the mindless thinking behind some of the big studio execs where everyone and everything is just a commodity, She completely misses the point that people would be involved in something because they believe in the art, regardless of what format its delivered on, and every decision someone makes is just another power move designed to drive some political agenda.

I don't know how much inside knowledge she has, or how much of this stuff she just makes up, but I must admit I do find her mildly entertaining as she normally discusses the things I'm interested in and delivers it with a quirky personalty, funny dialect, and her stretched out pronunciations spoken in a weird 1920s mobster accent. Its all very odd, but kinda weirdly watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I am starting to like Grace less and she seems to be in the pocket of the right people. Making baseless accusations such as Henry Cavill being difficult to work with is the kind of stuff that irritates me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Smertrius wrote: »
    these are comic books superheroes so their source comes from the comic books not the media

that is reboot series of comics of the justice league its reboot series, reboots don't count , only original comic books series of the justice league count

martian manhunter he proper member of justice league use him or John Stewart green lantern
    Well if it's only the comics, and no reboots, then you shouldn't really be watching any movies, they're all reboots, and no new comic book stories for you either, at this stage they are all reboots too (especially DC).
    Also, if your source material is so limited, why do you keep referring to him as Shazam? That's not his name (according to your logic).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Johnmb wrote: »
    Well if it's only the comics, and no reboots, then you shouldn't really be watching any movies, they're all reboots, and no new comic book stories for you either, at this stage they are all reboots too (especially DC).
    Also, if your source material is so limited, why do you keep referring to him as Shazam? That's not his name (according to your logic).

Also no Harley Quinn, came from TV.

Or kryptonite, came from the radio.

Or skinny Alfred.

In fact, no Captain Marvel in the DC universe, as he's originally from Fawcett comics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Didn't superman''s flight also come from the radio / old b&w TV show?

Comics canon fundamentalism is a fools errand of dead ends and contradictions - just ain't worth getting steamed about it

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Didn't superman''s flight also come from the radio / old b&w TV show?

Comics canon fundamentalism is a fools errand of dead ends and contradictions - just ain't worth getting steamed about it

Yes, in fact the original Superman was much weaker, and something of a ground level left wing agitator!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Final Trailer. Music got me a bit hyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

This movie didn't interest me that much after the last few trailers but this one has got me intrigued.
    Looks like it could be good, at least I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

aquaman is son human dr Philip curry and son Poseidon's daughter of Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dude use spoilers if you are going to give away a major part of the plot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Birds of Prey (which is also going to have Harley Quinn in it) movie (which stars Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn) has revealed the official title of the film (which has Harley Quinn in it). The title of the film is:

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Starring Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and maybe some other people... possibly a bird of prey in a scene with Harley Quinn unless they cut that scene in favour of just more Harley Quinn.

Penn wrote: »
    The Birds of Prey (which is also going to have Harley Quinn in it) movie (which stars Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn) has revealed the official title of the film (which has Harley Quinn in it). The title of the film is:

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Starring Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and maybe some other people... possibly a bird of prey in a scene with Harley Quinn unless they cut that scene in favour of just more Harley Quinn.

To be fair to them, Margot Robbie is basically WB's main bankable star right now. They're probably not wrong to promote it like that, as... disrespectful as it is to the awesome series that Birds of Prey often is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Do we know if Harley Quinn is in it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

To be fair to them, Margot Robbie is basically WB's main bankable star right now. They're probably not wrong to promote it like that, as... disrespectful as it is to the awesome series that Birds of Prey often is.

The trouble is they're not going to be able to make other stars if they shoehorn the likes of Harley Quinn in on top of them. Iron Man was in the Spider-man movie and featured in the trailers, but Iron Man was secondary to the story and was only in a few scenes, because he's Marvel's most bankable star and so they used him to help build up Spider-man.

This however really seems like it's just a Harley Quinn story also featuring the Birds of Prey who will just be helping Harley Quinn similar to how Suicide Squad was just a HQ and Deadshot movie also featuring some other characters.

It's why the likes of GOTG and Avengers are so successful, each of the characters get a reasonable amount of focus, development and chances to shine, even if the story mainly centers around one or two of them. With the way they are really pushing HQ to the point of having the majority of the film title be related to her even though she was never part of BoP (to my knowledge), I fear for what will happen to the birds of prey characters who should be the focus of the film.

Rumour is she has a cameo
    Penn wrote: »
    The trouble is they're not going to be able to make other stars if they shoehorn the likes of Harley Quinn in on top of them. Iron Man was in the Spider-man movie and featured in the trailers, but Iron Man was secondary to the story and was only in a few scenes, because he's Marvel's most bankable star and so they used him to help build up Spider-man.

This however really seems like it's just a Harley Quinn story also featuring the Birds of Prey who will just be helping Harley Quinn similar to how Suicide Squad was just a HQ and Deadshot movie also featuring some other characters.

It's why the likes of GOTG and Avengers are so successful, each of the characters get a reasonable amount of focus, development and chances to shine, even if the story mainly centers around one or two of them. With the way they are really pushing HQ to the point of having the majority of the film title be related to her even though she was never part of BoP (to my knowledge), I fear for what will happen to the birds of prey characters who should be the focus of the film.

Well yeah if your plan is to make good movies, if your plan is to try and make a quick buck LOOK ITS HARLEY QUINN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Well yeah if your plan is to make good movies, if your plan is to try and make a quick buck LOOK ITS HARLEY QUINN'S BUM

Fixed that for you :)

And if she is, have there been any hints as to who they may cast to play her?

Johnmb wrote: »
    And if she is, have there been any hints as to who they may cast to play her?

And do you think she'll be the lead?

Well yeah if your plan is to make good movies, if your plan is to try and make a quick buck LOOK ITS HARLEY QUINN
    according to the comics the joker didn't meet up with until he was in his 60s not 40s jared leto was too young for the joker according to the comics

according to the comics the joker didn't meet up with harley quinn until he was in his 60s not 40s jared leto was too young for the joker according to the comics

• Advertisement

Smertrius wrote: »
    according to the comics the joker didn't meet up with harley quinn until he was in his 60s not 40s jared leto was too young for the joker according to the comics
    Her origin isn't in the comics, it's in the cartoon, so the comics are irrelevant for discussing the accuracy of the film's depiction of that character and her associations.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ah you didn’t ruin it and go tell him Harley was created for the cartoon not the comic.

Jason Momoa stepping up saying Henry Cavill is still in..

https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1073314113445601285

New Shazam bit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Heard we're getting a new Shazam trailer Tuesday

Screen-test / trailer for the Birds of Prey film:

Amazing to see this whole DCEU experiment, or whatever it’s called now, limp on, no doubt the box office performance of Aquaman gave this a well needed shot in the arm, but still, at this point, it’s 6 films in and another three that I know of which are currently shooting, and Aquaman 2 almost a done deal... that’s 10 films for a franchise that looked dead on its feet. Kinda impressive that it’s survived the chaos that went before it, it’s managed to turn a decent profit while producing some genuine turkeys, (I’d include Aquaman on that list). If Shazam does well I think Affleck and Cavill will be begging to come back.

Screen-test / trailer for the Birds of Prey film:

Not much to go on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Kevin Smith has been talking about what he has heard from the JL production. The original 3 movie plan for JL, basically what we could have got :(

Although he is wrong about the Alfred/Green Lantern scene because the footage of that scene was leaked online

• Advertisement

I get the feeling there might be an Aquaman sequel at some point down the road :)

https://twitter.com/UberKryptonian/status/1095773858207092736

Advertisement