Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I just I just I just

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

shazam killing off humans and not take responailty for his superpowers is oppostite of shazam portrays in comics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Smertrius wrote: »
    shazam killing off humans and not take responailty for his superpowers is oppostite of shazam portrays in comics

Your dead right. I just watched a trailer and he hurts dozens of humans on a bus using his powers. I will go to this film, but only dressed as Black Adam.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I know a couple people who've seen Shazam previews and so far the consensus is enjoyable 80's inspired romp. Which is exactly what I think will work for the Big Red Cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

I've seen it. Really dug it, probably my favourite DCEU film.

Lots of heart, humour doesn't always work but is pretty good. A really cheesy heroic film, kinda reminded me of Raimi's Spider-Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Joker teaser trailer tomorrow confirmed by Todd Philips.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Joker teaser trailer tomorrow confirmed by Todd Philips.

Genuinely excited about this one; small budget, short shooting period, good actors and sounds like no great expectation to tie into the DCEU. Todd Phillips ain't the most exciting part of the pyramid but I have this inkling it might be the dark horse of the franchise. We'll see what the trailer brings anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Looks really good. I think the best course of action is to forget about any comics/film versions of Joker previously and take this as something completely removed and new.

Looks completely different in a good way. The Suicide Squad Joker looked exactly like what a 50 year old executive thought a cool Joker should look like. This one looks like the epitome of the "one bad day could make anyone me" Joker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The only worry I have is just how they'll portray mental illness in this; from Philips' comments, and reading between the lines of that trailer, it looks like it's going to present the Joker as someone suffering from mentally illness before finally snapping. It'll be a tricky minefield to navigate.

All that said, I'm very stoked for this now: looks precisely what these cinematic adaptations should be done, going for unique, noteworthy spins on these characters. Taking cues from 70s era Scorsese isn't a bad avenue to take either.

• Advertisement

Loved that brief maniacal laugh from Arthur at a comedy show. WB aiming high with this one hopefully it lands.

Hmmm, I’m a bit on the fence with this one. Although the trailer does look good and Joaquin Phoenix is the right kind of weirdo to play the joker, Im not fully sold on the idea of seeing a joker origin story, I mean part the jokers allure is his enigmatic past, it was one of the many things I loved about Ledgers joker, the way he kept changing his story was a great character trait.

By the looks of this, it seems to be going down the route of watching a man having a physiological breakdown, and I’m not sure if this would harm the mythos that surrounds the joker, plus, I don’t fully trust the director. As I said, I’m on the fence with this one, and I just hope the casting wasn’t wasted on this; instead of a Batman story, but who knows, the gamble might pay off, but I remain pessimistic for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Why?

It's a self-contained story. Just look at it as a "what if" kinda thing.

The joker in Batman 89 has a backstory and it didn't effect Nolan's version.

This could be brilliant or trash but I'm happy to see them try something kinda different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The last Joker we seen was Leto Joker. Anything is better than that at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The last Joker we seen was Leto Joker. Anything is better than that at this point.

Shush we don't take about that particular take on the Joker....

kerplun k wrote: »
    Hmmm, I’m a bit on the fence with this one. Although the trailer does look good and Joaquin Phoenix is the right kind of weirdo to play the joker, Im not fully sold on the idea of seeing a joker origin story, I mean part the jokers allure is his enigmatic past, it was one of the many things I loved about Ledgers joker, the way he kept changing his story was a great character trait.

By the looks of this, it seems to be going down the route of watching a man having a physiological breakdown, and I’m not sure if this would harm the mythos that surrounds the joker, plus, I don’t fully trust the director. As I said, I’m on the fence with this one, and I just hope the casting wasn’t wasted on this; instead of a Batman story, but who knows, the gamble might pay off, but I remain pessimistic for now.

They'll probably just say in PR this is one of the possible stories told as the origin of the Joker.

Which all comic books ever have really been like, with retcons and universe wide reboots nothing is ever permanent.

Will it damage the Joker for cinema audiences? Not anymore than Suicide Squad did :D

Ezra Miller reportedly done with The Flash according to wegotthiscovered.com Warner Bros will recast the role.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ezra-miller-reportedly-flash-wb-script-recast/

They should hire Miller for a cameo, starting out as The Flash, then Gran Gustin's one comes along and ruins the timeline for everyone :D

Not surprising really he's gone, the length of time this production has spent in limbo - while other productions get public support and green-lighting - was kinda farcical.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ezra Miller reportedly done with The Flash according to wegotthiscovered.com Warner Bros will recast the role.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ezra-miller-reportedly-flash-wb-script-recast/

Ah c'mon pal, we got this covered? :p

Ah c'mon pal, we got this covered? :p

Sorry :pac:

• Advertisement

Can’t say I blame him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh wow. What a great poster.

27l1JgJ.jpg

Made a little video about 6 things from Shazam if anyone wants to see it

The brief Miracleman nod broke my mind

ThePott wrote: »
    Made a little video about 6 things from Shazam if anyone wants to see it

The brief Miracleman nod broke my mind

Not watching the video as haven't seen Shazam yet but we need to have a talk about your thumbnails young man.

The reason people use impact and other block fonts is because usually thumbnails are tiny. Also why you usually see big faces.

A thumbnail is supposed to make people want to click the video, it doesn't need to look professional, but it should at least look clean.

Just some advice from someone who's about to hit his 10 year anniversary and has basically given up at this point :D

Sorry I'm pretty new to all this stuff. Still learning and don't really have much experience with it.

Would definitely love some advice if you have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

My Goodness! :eek:

DC skipping Comic Con :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

New Gods:

Ava DuVernay (@ava):
    A (@AmJavon):
    Replying to @ava

What about Darkseid 😬 #AskAva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Slydice wrote: »

Meant to be co-written by Tom King. Possibly lip service like Johns co-writing stuff but King's Mr Miracle is brilliant.

Advertisement