Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Birds of Prey Teaser that will play before It 2 has leaked in Ukranian

https://twitter.com/Pop_Cult_Pod/status/1167748358276079616

Joker is also getting glowing reactions out of Venice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Forgot this film was on the cards; honestly I really don't like Robbie's Harley Quinn, and it'll take a monumental trailer + set of reviews to drag me to the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I always thought cara delevingne was better suited for HQ. Not a great actress by any means, but her natural look and personality suits the character and I thought it would have made a good fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I alway thought Delevingne was more suited to being a cardboard cutout but a cutout would probably be less wooden and have more charisma.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

kerplun k wrote: »
    I always thought cara delevingne was better suited for HQ. Not a great actress by any means, but her natural look and personality suits the character and I thought it would have made a good fit.

I REALLY don't see that. She has no personality whatsoever, so not quite seeing from where she'd channel the required energy of Harley.

• Advertisement

I alway thought Delevingne was more suited to being a cardboard cutout but a cutout would probably be less wooden and have more charisma.

Ha, :D
    yeah. She can’t act. But nether can Emilia Clarke, and she played khaleesi well.

I always thought Delevingne looked a bit like HQ from from the cartoon, and when you see her in interviews and stuff she has this kooky personality. I dunno, I could be WAY off, but even before Robbie was cast, and suicide squad was just a screenplay I thought CD would be a good HQ.

Yeah, I've seen Cara Delevingne act exactly once and that was enough thanks.
    I actually liked Robbie's Quinn as much as she's been overexposed and a bit obnoxious.
    That Birds of Prey teaser is gone, got hit with a takedown notice, still have it but won't be posting it online again. In case anyone still wants to see it, drop me a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah but you'd need the puppeteers from Team America to make a cardboard cutout move like this

aiJ7N2e.gif

I do wonder how often modern actors feel like complete tools, acting these kind of scenes without the aid of CGI to add context. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    I do wonder how often modern actors feel like complete tools, acting these kind of scenes without the aid of CGI to add context. :D

Yeah, nothing funnier than clips of actors fighting non-existent enemies who will be CGI-ed in later. But I don't think the CGI made Delevingne look any better in that film anyway. She spent half the film twitching like that. It was godawful.

Only good thing she did in that whole movie was when she first turned into grungy Enchantress. That was absolute genius and looked fantastic.

1469106532-suicide-squad-enchantress-transformation.gif

• Advertisement

Well, I guess that’s my fantasy casting privileges revoked then. :D

Apparently Ian McKellen nearly cried on the Hobbit set because he found the greenscreen experience so cold and was isolated from the rest of the cast.

On a big budget superhero movie it could only be worse imo.

ThePott wrote: »
    Apparently Ian McKellen nearly cried on the Hobbit set because he found the greenscreen experience so cold and was isolated from the rest of the cast.

On a big budget superhero movie it could only be worse imo.

They're not even building basic sets anymore; I watched a FX reel from Infinity War, and in the big NY battle, even something as basic as the brick wall Tony Stark was hiding behind was a greenscreen on-set. It's just lazy at this stage, and while most of the MCU has had good FX, when they dropped the ball it really showed.

I was thinking how some of them didn't even have costumes, it's crazy. I think it especially damaged the acting in the Star Wars prequels, when you watch the behind the scenes it's insane, sitting on blue boxes surrounded by blue.

Visual fx are outstanding but it definitely hurts a performance when using a greenscreen. I'm barely a youtuber but even when I try acting using one, I come off as worse, and I'm bad to begin with :D

Very rough cut. I’d hardly classify it as a teaser.. The crossover with IT is just weird, although that Pennywise theme does have a real punch to it.

I'll say one thing, it's unlikely to be any 'worse' than the last time they tried to do a Birds of Prey movie - though they're obviously pulling a Wolverine in pushing Robbie to the forefront.

I enjoyed that series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Rumour has it the film is into massive reshoot territory and the director has been replaced.

Rumour has it the film is into massive reshoot territory and the director has been replaced.

Any indication as to the why of the reshoots? Had to Google the director to remind myself who's on it (Cathy Yan). I was going to snark about reshoots being a dangerous game to play, but then Suicide Squad made a bajillion bucks despite the critical mauling, so up is down already and DC won't care.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Any indication as to the why of the reshoots? Had to Google the director to remind myself who's on it (Cathy Yan). I was going to snark about reshoots being a dangerous game to play, but then Suicide Squad made a bajillion bucks despite the critical mauling, so up is down already and DC won't care.

Source was Grace Randolph on Twitter. I've heard some stuff that I was nonplussed about. The only thing that I can think of that would take some traction is that
    Cassandra Kane, who is meant to be played by a kid, swallows a diamond containing a gay Black Mask's dick pics. That's meant to be the thing the plot is revolved around.

The film is undergoing reshoots.
    This itself isn't really uncommon, it's become a horrible trend online to assume that any film that has reshoots is a mess.
    As far as the replacement angle, it's already been stated that Chad Stahelski (director of the John Wick series) is helming coming into direct some action scenes. His stunt company has always been working on the movie so it's not too big a stretch.

I'm not saying I have much interest in BOP but this doesn't appear to be a big deal from the outside. Cathy Yan has never directed something on this scale and from what we've seen or heard from the film it doesn't look too action oriented so they probably want to punch it up with a director who knows action.

Could be wrong but we'll see. Also Grace Randolph is the worst and comes off like a total psycho so I won't be taking her word as gospel.

Hope you're right. I find Grace hit and miss but I do like her analysis when she sticks to comics which is what she knows as opposed to general films....though her obsession with Jessica Chastain is weird.

I'd rather listen to her than Collider and Campea anyway.

I find Grace to be pretty awful. As far as getting scoops she is indeed hit and miss she has had a few things correct, from memory but she seems to get more wrong.

It seems to me like she tries to appeal to her base a lot, she seems to beat the Un-PC opinion. She randomly takes shots at some actresses (Chastain especially) and minority casting, she dumped on Marvel a lot (guess who got fired by Marvel) and she pushed the paid critics/DC smear idea for a while too. I think she comes off as incredibly fake and clickbaity but she knows what will get her fans stoked. Saying a "Girly" DC film directed by a woman is going to suck will be eaten up by a particular segment of the comic book fans online. I find Collider to be the almost the opposite, vapid ass-kissery. Neither would be my cup of tea.

To each their own, I don't like her very much. I'd put that aside if I found her often accurate or reasonable. I have no idea what to make of BOP but I do think she knows this is what people want to hear. Being a movie scooper is pretty easy, you just say a possible rumour that half the people speculated on already and then if no one gives a strong denial you grasp on to any semblance of proof as vague as it can be and say plans changed.

Look no further than her JoJo Rabbit trailer reactions to see everything that’s wrong with her content.

Look no further than her JoJo Rabbit trailer reactions to see everything that’s wrong with her content.
    Oof that was rough. She is far more grating than I remember tbh. Also I don't intend to sound mean or offensive but what happened to her face? She looks very unnatural compared to how she used to look.

She does fall down quite a bit when reviewing content outside of the superhero genre. As I said I've no interest in defending some of her shady behaviour but I do believe when it comes to the genre that she has some actual sources.

Perhaps she is playing to a certain group of people with the way she speaks but that doesn't mean the actual content is bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

God I can't stand her voice , it's bloody headache inducing especially when she's spouting rubbish which is most of the time

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ThePott wrote: »
    I find Grace to be pretty awful. As far as getting scoops she is indeed hit and miss she has had a few things correct, from memory but she seems to get more wrong.

It seems to me like she tries to appeal to her base a lot, she seems to beat the Un-PC opinion. She randomly takes shots at some actresses (Chastain especially) and minority casting, she dumped on Marvel a lot (guess who got fired by Marvel) and she pushed the paid critics/DC smear idea for a while too. I think she comes off as incredibly fake and clickbaity but she knows what will get her fans stoked. Saying a "Girly" DC film directed by a woman is going to suck will be eaten up by a particular segment of the comic book fans online. I find Collider to be the almost the opposite, vapid ass-kissery. Neither would be my cup of tea.

To each their own, I don't like her very much. I'd put that aside if I found her often accurate or reasonable. I have no idea what to make of BOP but I do think she knows this is what people want to hear. Being a movie scooper is pretty easy, you just say a possible rumour that half the people speculated on already and then if no one gives a strong denial you grasp on to any semblance of proof as vague as it can be and say plans changed.

Last time I bothered to watch a couple videos of hers it was baseline stuff from wiki to appeal to a very wide base. from this it looks like she's gone to the trash sites now. Sigh. I wish people would stop caring about her, there's plenty of people actually worth listening to on the industry.

I do laugh about people going on about diverse characters in Marvel. This really exposes her as either being deliberately dishonest or unknowledgeable.

You don't hear people complaining about War Machine, or Storm, or Spider-Woman, for example. They're ok because they're old, apparently.

And the entire X-Men team people care about were a deliberately diverse team brought in to replace a bunch of boring white dude characters.

Do people not realise these characters were invented while other people were reading comics and they change all the time? There is nothing different between now and then, Marvel consistently introduces new characters and remakes old ones to see what sticks. Some hit (Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel) some don't (Riri Williams). That's comics, you need to rest the 60 year old characters sometimes so people will miss them and want them back.

EDIT: I know in this case she's talking about DC, not Marvel, but the same applies to them (you don't hear many people complaining that Barry Allen is the Flash).

• Advertisement

Advertisement