Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Strange trailer to lead with.....I've been actually waiting for years to see Black Mask portrayed on the big screen but based on this, it looks like we're going to get some AHS rubber man mask knock off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

felt like the first scene with black mask.. they tried to get his voice to sound like the joker

Well I've finally seen the light in regards Grace Randolph. Woeful analysis of Paul Dano's casting in The Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

Well I've finally seen the light in regards Grace Randolph. Woeful analysis of Paul Dano's casting in The Batman.
    Ugh. That was horrendous. Totally shallow and dumb analysis. Going on about Warner casting him as a smokescreen cause they couldn't get Jonah Hill. Then going on to act as if the movie is now saved by Paul Dano, that it was in danger beforehand. Or saying the DCEU has had trouble attracting talent in general. Picking up on a rumour of Seth Rogen as the Penguin which has been some pretty questionable sources. I just don't understand her appeal or logic at all. She really beats whatever drum she needs to for controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maxwell Lord will be the main villain in Wonder Woman 1984

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/1187277665285365760?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Maxwell Lord will be the main villain in Wonder Woman 1984

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/1187277665285365760?s=20

Oooooh.

That doesn't end well for Max.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That reminds that we've already seen Maxwell Lord, albeit in Supergirl season 1, when it was still airing on CBS & almost an entirely different animal to the CW show we have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

pixelburp wrote: »
    That reminds that we've already seen Maxwell Lord, albeit in Supergirl season 1, when it was still airing on CBS & almost an entirely different animal to the CW show we have now.

Was it ever explained why he was never brought over to CW? Did I miss a mention of an off screen death?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Was it ever explained why he was never brought over to CW? Did I miss a mention of an off screen death?

Honestly I can't remember but I think he was just forgotten about; could have been like Calista Flockhart & the actor not wanting to decamp to Canada. Ha, season 4 wasn't even the first time we had a cloned Kara was it, Maxwell Lord doing the same way back when. Man, thinking on that season 1 is so weird.

The Rock posted Black Adam concept art on his Instagram account:

495367.jpg

RT had the version above
    https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1195027983230103552

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I think that image was created by Bosslogic, the digital fanart guy. he's super talented and his instagram account is always a good thing..

Oh cool! He's been doing epic pictures for years.
    Found his tweet about it:
    https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status/1195061616728932352

Release the Snyder cut is trending on Twitter because it's a "big day" for it according to a couple of in the knows.

If it's going to happen it has to be now. WB are having unbridled success with their new strategy towards the DC properties. The DCEU as it was once known has been quietly disbanded so they might as well cash in on something that there's a clear clamour for. They've nothing to lose in terms of continuity by doing it.

I only did a short google / search but can't find anything that says there is an expectation of a release of the original Snyder version of Justice League.

News to me was that Synder had:
    • released a photo of Superman which opened the possibility of his version doing the resurrection differently
    • said that Ray Porter was gonna be Darkseid in his DCEU

Superman
    https://twitter.com/SupermanOnFilm/status/1195455481076240386
    https://twitter.com/DammitKakarot/status/1195509803864465408

Ray Porter
    https://twitter.com/TheBatSkeptic/status/1117470433681428481
    https://twitter.com/13_utkarsh/status/1140501579004432385
    https://twitter.com/Ray__Porter/status/1193129890326794245
    https://twitter.com/Ray__Porter/status/1195166354170470401

Does Vero embed on boards?
    Test: https://vero.co/zacksnyder/N-3vjDHW5dzMmkrtgdvpx8bh
    Doesn't look like it (Nov 2019)

Not mad about that Darkseid design even if it's hard to make out much.

Anyway, here's a link to everyone's favourite on here Grace Randolph talking about it:

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/status/1196083770857787392?s=20

Questionable takes or not she does have some contacts. HBO Max seems to be the hope.

Oh cool, I think the HBOMAX in her tweet might indicate what she is getting at.

So the streaming wars are just kicking off with the entrance of Disney+.
    So now Netflix is kicking their investment in new content up to (I think I read) $14 Billion which leaves all (including Disney+) in the rear view mirror.
    With that in mind, I think Warner Bros are discontinuing their DC streaming service and everything is being brought into their Warhorse .. HBOMAX.. so I guess they are trying to figure out what to include in HBOMAX to get the most subscribers.. and as Grace has tweeted this, I'm guessing now is the chance to influence the execs in WB.

Not that I buy Grace Randolph but it is interesting how much clamour there has been about it as of late. As much as I find the diehard Snyder fans to be wreckheads.

I would be interested in seeing the Snyder Cut mind even though I don't know how much good it would be.
    Does anyone else feel like regarldess of what cut comes out that fan's won't accept it as the Definitive Cut?

Dammit. How is this hyping me? I mean like.. Grace did say ages ago that they were going for a major rejig and has been talking about reshoots here there and everywhere including Wonder Woman 1984.

Could this be something they've worked on secretly and have made a really good version of?

Slydice wrote: »
    Dammit. How is this hyping me? I mean like.. Grace did say ages ago that they were going for a major rejig and has been talking about reshoots here there and everywhere including Wonder Woman 1984.

Could this be something they've worked on secretly and have made a really good version of?

I think they've always had a version. The story goes that Snyder showed his cut to the execs in WB and they lost it from there.

I would have thought it was only a very rough cut that would require a lot more money to be spent in order to polish it, but based on what Momoa has said recently it sounds like it's more complete than initially thought.

Traditionally my opinion would be that the definitive cut is what we got in the cinema, but in this case I'd be of the opinion that WB did such a hatchet job on the production, that most people will have no problem dismissing it from Canon. It really was a disgrace, worse than anything Kathleen Kennedy allegedly did with Rogue One and Solo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

God I’d love to see what the Snyder cut was meant to be like. Surely it had to of been better with such a push even from the actors. Be mad if it was brilliant.

I mean WB did finish off the Donner cut of superman 2 so maybe they might throw a few quid into the Snyder cut, especially with Aquaman and WW doing so well, it may actually be seen as a good promotion for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well one thing is for sure it can't be any worse than the Joss Whedon cut.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah, as I understand it there's a rough cut thrown together from Snyder (which wouldn't actually represent his vision, but sure RELEASETHESNYDERCUTNAOW) and would cost millions to add CGI etc to as it was never intended for release anywho.

Given how wide of the mark BvS, and given the fact it was never meant to be seen by audiences anyway, I can't see some rushjob cash grab cut of the film being of any interest other than curiousity anyway.

I presume these are Synder fanboys baying for the "Synder Cut", or is it just DC fanboys with selective memory? The theatrical Justice League was poor, but I'm under no illusion that what Zack Synder had envisioned would have been any better, given his track record.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

pixelburp wrote: »
    I presume these are Synder fanboys baying for the "Synder Cut", or is it just DC fanboys with selective memory? The theatrical Justice League was poor, but I'm under no illusion that what Zack Synder had envisioned would have been any better, given his track record.

The theatrical JL was terrible , not poor and it was way worse then anything Snyder did with the characters.

And it seems to be the actors leading the charge , not just as you put it “fanboys”. For me, MOS and BvS were very good movies and liking them doesn’t make you a fanboy. It seems like people who dislike Snyder enjoy making it into an “us v them” scenario. You can just like his movies without being a hysterical fan or begrudging hater.

Drumpot wrote: »
    The theatrical JL was terrible , not poor and it was way worse then anything Snyder did with the characters.

And it seems to be the actors leading the charge , not just as you put it “fanboys”. For me, MOS and BvS were very good movies and liking them doesn’t make you a fanboy. It seems like people who dislike Snyder enjoy making it into an “us v them” scenario. You can just like his movies without being a hysterical fan or begrudging hater.

Well first, I wasn't having a pop at you, I think you've been on record enough that you like MoS / BvS, and that discussion is well worn. And second, I was actually asking the question WHO was making the most noise over this fabled cut; which you answered, in between the defensive snark :confused: So thanks for the answer at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

They tweeted a hashtag yesterday, hardly leading the charge on a campaign that's been going on since JL released, I was under the impression they'd been pretty quiet about it up until this point. Open to correction.

Plus, TBH when a fan group buys a bus-advert or billboards (and, apparently, Skywriting), then yes calling them "fanboys" is a fair term. Cos that's a commitment & determination that goes beyond merely well-wishing or passively supporting via Slacktivism & hashtags. It's clearly a loaded term for some folks, but replace it with whatever non-triggering nomenclature you wish, there's still a definite core group of fans actively pursuing a cut quickly attaining near mythical levels. Apart from anything else, it's entering "hype" territory, and that's always destined for disappointment.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-snyder-cut-sdcc-billboard/

I mean WB did finish off the Donner cut of superman 2 so maybe they might throw a few quid into the Snyder cut, especially with Aquaman and WW doing so well, it may actually be seen as a good promotion for them.
    That took about 25 years to do. I believe the Donner cut was also mostly possible as plenty of completed footage that was thought to be lost was found. It was also a different time for home media where making money off a release like this was more possible. And I know this could end up on HBO Max like most people expect but they really wouldn't need it to entice people with the amount of content they have on it already.

I also feel like the fact WW and Aquaman have done well by more or less ignoring the wider universe mean that it wouldn't be enough of an incentive.
    Awful and forgettable yes. Not sure about this part though. I don't want to get into a debate about BvS or MoS though. Sick of talking about them at this stage.

The Snyder Cut is definitely a curiosity and would be interested to see it but I can't imagine it will be this vastly superior movie, I also don't really see what benefit WB would get in releasing it tbh.

Not singling you out btw, didn't even realise I was quoting the same person until now.

• Advertisement

ThePott wrote: »
    That took about 25 years to do. I believe the Donner cut was also mostly possible as plenty of completed footage that was thought to be lost was found. It was also a different time for home media where making money off a release like this was more possible. And I know this could end up on HBO Max like most people expect but they really wouldn't need it to entice people with the amount of content they have on it already.

It would take a tonne of cash to get that Cut up to release standard, assuming it hadn't got to post-production when Synder dropped out: even the theatrical release wasn't exactly a pillar of quality FX work, Steppenwolf coming in for a lot of criticism on that front. And Donner's infamous version isn't a fair comparison IMO: the amount of FX work required to get a 1980 blockbuster up to standard vs. a 2017 one isn't even night & day, it's far beyond that. And given Supes 1 & 2 were shot back to back & completed, there was likely a lot less gap filling required anyway (much easier to scrub out some wires than the render farms needed for entire greenscreened Acts of a film)

Who knows, maybe WB will run the numbers and figure there's value in the project, but ... impassioned outliers aside, there's no sense that audiences want to revisit that particular version. That goes double considering that Joker has shown a potentially different path for the DC properties, while Matt Reeves Batman is finally gaining traction - and so far a lot of goodwill from its casting. Bringing back Batfleck could be a retrograde manoeuvre.

Advertisement