Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So, do we know when this film is set? It's a little unclear :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Hrmmmm...

Nothing quite says "This was gonna be the Snyder Cut" soundtrack than a bunch of epic drums/soundtrackey music videos..
    sitting all on their lonesome..
    including one call called "Darkseed"..
    all uploaded around 5 months ago
    by the guy who made the recent Wonder Woman trailer remix:

More of the music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCxrjU46rQIbMVLsgt4EwrA/videos

The Wonder Woman trailer remix:
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Google and Reddit to the rescue

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Ezra Miller's long awaited The Flash solo film, will finally make it's way out of the Speedforce, and arrive in cinemas July 1st 2022.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Pffh, I'll believe it when I see it. Does it even list who its director / writer is this time, cos they have chopped and changed a lot.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Pffh, I'll believe it when I see it. Does it even list who its director / writer is this time, cos they have chopped and changed a lot.

Andy Muschietti is attached to direct, Christina Hodson is attached as screenwriter (she's got experience with the upcoming Birds Of Prey & the in development Batgirl movie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Andy Muschietti is attached to direct, Christina Hodson is attached as screenwriter (she's got experience with the upcoming Birds Of Prey & the in development Batgirl movie)

There's still a Batgirl movie in development!? Is this the one Whedon was attached to?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    There's still a Batgirl movie in development!? Is this the one Whedon was attached to?

I presume so, didn't even about it's existence until I read about it this morning.

FunLover18 wrote: »

Yup, the same one. As you said, whedon was attached but dropped out, so not 100% sure where the production is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't think he dropped out, moreso shuffled off by WB.
    Industry sources add that even as Whedon faced story issues, in today's cultural environment, a male filmmaker may have faced greater public scrutiny if he were to have tackled a movie with lead characters of such feminist importance as Batgirl or Wonder Woman, much like a white filmmaker would have seen backlash taking on the Black Panther movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/joss-whedon-exits-batgirl-movie-1087384

Bullet dodged really, Whedon feels like a spent force lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whedon got his big budget girl power series at HBO to focus on.

• Advertisement

Shazam 2 gets a release date in April 2022. Expecting this universe to open wide up!
    https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1114438-shazam-2

I never realized how tall Zachary (Chuck) Levi is till today I was watching the The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and he joked about how tall he is and I went wow yes you are tall so I had a look and Damm he is 6ft 3.

For some reason I always though nerdy Chuck was just an average height guy.

Snyder Cut... What the flash film is supposed to do.. now Ayer saying SS2 is a reinvention.

Something is going on..

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/1209188908271054848

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/1209190606561521665

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Slydice wrote: »
    Snyder Cut... What the flash film is supposed to do.. now Ayer saying SS2 is a reinvention.

I don't think that some massive course corrections are going on would be any secret.

Snyders era was a massive failure. It was wasted opportunity while Disney took what will probably be seen eventually as a terrifying stranglehold on blockbuster cinema while WB (which a lot of people forget had the stranglehold on superhero cinema themselves previously) went about everything the wrong way- financially, if you don't even agree in terms of film-making.

The tried to course correct 3 or 4 times, and had fired the people in charge of the course correction that worked (I think I read it the Johns regime that greenlit WW, Shazam and Aquaman- all of which did gangbusters- but were gone because of the whole JL debacle).

Now it looks like bedlam. But perhaps it's good bedlam. What lessons does your average exec take from the last 5 years? People don't want serious or heavy (Aquaman) but people want really serious and heavy (Joker). People don't want team movies (JL) but the other side proves people REALLY want team movies (Endgame). The standard glib response is they should probably just try to make good movies :D

Recent moves would indicate to me at least that they simply do not want to go down the route of Marvel and do a slow build of a connected universe. Solo movies have worked for them, so solo movies it is

...unless a last gasp of the Guardians Guy can bring back the dream of Endgame money. Probably worth a punt.

Basically they're flinging crap and seeing what sticks. Might not be the worst idea if we get some original stuff out of it!

I think this is the Final Trailer:

edit to add youtube:

https://twitter.com/birdsofpreywb/status/1215305227668197378

Looks awful.

Go watch the awesome cartoon instead.

Love the way that it seems that they've killed off
    'J Man'
    in the trailer.

Not a hope that's happened!

Since when does an explosion in a comic book film mean someone is actually dead :D

Also a good way to get rid of one actor and get another actor to play the role going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Since when does an explosion in a comic book film mean someone is actually dead :D
    Oh no, the explosion has disfigured him so much, he looks like a completely different person..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Am I the only one who took the explosion as symbolic and not literally her killing the Joker?

I don't think there's any way that was her killing the joker.

I'd guess that .. at most, it's her blowing up his lair or just a symbolic blowing up of the chemical factory from their origin stories.

At least.. that's the way the animated show has me thinking at the moment.

Yeah, are people really thinking this is her killing the Joker?

What's happening is clearly the superhero equivalent of putting the sh*thead ex's stuff in a bin liner & chucking it out the window / setting it on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

ThePott wrote: »
    Am I the only one who took the explosion as symbolic and not literally her killing the Joker?

Aye that's how I saw it. Such a shame Joker has been soured in this continuity.

From the brief glimpse I saw of Black Mask's....mask, it looks pretty faithful. There were reports that said it was gimpish looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I’m sure if he can survive a helicopter crash and splosion he can survive this regular building splosion :D

Justice League Dark: Bad Robot Developing Film & TV Projects Based On Warner Bros. DC Comics

EXCLUSIVE: I hear that Bad Robot, through its new deal at Warner Media, is exclusively developing both film and TV ideas based on DC’s Justice League Dark universe at Warner Bros.

This deal is all very nascent and at this point in time there aren’t any specific projects or characters that are being specifically developed out of the franchise. I understand that Bad Robot’s Head of Motion Pictures Hannah Minghella and Head of Television Ben Stephenson will soon be taking meetings with talent reps and their writing clients on which characters will get their own projects.

Justice League Dark (or JLD team) first appeared in the September 2011 issue of Justice League Dark #1 featuring such superheros, mostly occult and offbeat, as John Constantine, mystic and fortune teller Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Shade, the Changing Man, and Zatanna. The roster is much larger, and members joined later on, with Swamp Thing being added in issue 19. Other members of JLD include Andrew Bennett (a centuries old vampire), Black Orchid (a shapeshifter), Doctor Mist (a spy who worked for villain Felix Faust), Frankenstein (a erudite creature), Pandora (based on the Greek character), Nightmare Nurse (a healer of supernatural wounds), among several others. Given their powers, they typically handled situations outside of the scope of the traditional Justice League, which includes Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Aquaman and The Flash. The JLD title and team were created by Peter Milligan, with art by Mikel Janín.

Again, this is all so early, so it’s not specific yet if Bad Robot boss J.J. Abrams will be directing any of these projects. Minghella on the feature side will work with Warner Bros. President of DC-based Film Production Walter Hamada, while Stephenson will work in correlation with the Warner Bros. Television Group including President & Chief Content Officer Peter Roth, President Susan Rovner and President Brett Paul. Following the $1 billion-plus success of Disney’s Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Abrams is currently meeting with potential showrunners for his HBO epic sci-fi fantasy drama Demimonde. The series follows a world’s battle against a monstrous, oppressive force. It’s the first series solely created by Abrams since the 2001 ABC drama Alias.

A sampling of some JLD universe properties that were previously adapted for the screen and TV:

There was a Justice League Dark animated film made in 2017 for the home entertainment market starring Rosario Dawson, Alfred Molina, and Nicholas Turturro.

The character of John Constantine was adapted into the 2005 Warner Bros. feature Constantine starring Keanu Reeves which grossed close to $231M WW. In the movie, Constantine was an exorcist and a demonologist and in the Justice League Dark comics, he’s a Liverpudlian magician who became the leader of JLD, but is then ousted and replaced by magician Zatanna. She’s been in the DC universe for some time, created by Gardner Fox and Murphy Anderson, and first appearing in Hawkman #4 (November 1964). Constantine was also turned into a NBC series by Daniel Cerone and David S. Goyer and ran for 13 episodes from October 2014 to February 2015.

To date there’s only been one Swamp Thing feature, released in 1982 and directed by Wes Craven. The DC digital service, DC Universe, ran one season of Swamp Thing, last summer which James Wan’s Atomic Monster produced, created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/justice-league-dark-universe-movie-tv-bad-robot-development-1202837412/

Saw Birds of Prey, was a total mess.

I do not know why the **** you'd make a BoP movie and ignore Oracle and make Cassie Cane useless. I'm grand with strong female oriented films but are you really doing that when you whip the legs out (ahem) from anyone who was Batgirl?

Film also does that really frustrating 90's comic book thing where the team/ characters only get together and get their head in the right space to behave like themselves in the last 10 minutes, the very trope Marvel spent 15 years teaching the comic book movie world to stop doing.

I only chuckled twice. There's literally one Gail Simone style joke
    hairband?
    that gave me a giggle and made this feel like an actual BoP film.

Don't bother tbh. Really disappointed.

Missed this April Fools yesterday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Saw Birds of Prey, was a total mess.

I do not know why the **** you'd make a BoP movie and ignore Oracle and make Cassie Cane useless. I'm grand with strong female oriented films but are you really doing that when you whip the legs out (ahem) from anyone who was Batgirl?

Film also does that really frustrating 90's comic book thing where the team/ characters only get together and get their head in the right space to behave like themselves in the last 10 minutes, the very trope Marvel spent 15 years teaching the comic book movie world to stop doing.

I only chuckled twice. There's literally one Gail Simone style joke
    hairband?
    that gave me a giggle and made this feel like an actual BoP film.

Don't bother tbh. Really disappointed.

The film is total rubbish.... another DC mess..

Advertisement