Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I wasting my time?

Options
  • 27-02-2016 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So, I'm currently in first year in college and I really want to be a Secondary School teacher. Every time I tell people that I want to be a teacher, all I hear is ''there are no jobs in that'' or ''don't go near i, you'll only be wasting your money.'' It's really distressing to hear all of these horror stories about thousands of teachers applying for one position and al the rest - especially since I've wanted to be a teacher ever since I was 13. I just wanted to know if the situation is actually that bad? Am I wasting my time? Should I focus on something else like translation or lecturing?

My teaching subjects would be French and Irish. Your answers would mean the world to me, they really would!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement