Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - 26th. February 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

#repealthe8th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Richard Gere thinks we are all nuts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Autosport wrote: »
    Feckin cork winner again :(

I didn't even bother entering because you said you were going to win it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

swimmingly ! what an awful choice of word

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Berserker wrote: »
    People are sitting on the coach. Looks like a couple. Misery alert!!!

The prize giving done before the last interview. Never a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Whoy, whoy, whoy would you go on the late late with DLB to discuss this????? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Gee they got the compo out of the way early. Misery slot incoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Oh no misery slot. Normal service resumes....

Tubs is in heaven. FF back up in the polls and he is getting his fix of misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'll change this now to he definitely will not be back ever. They finally get a decent hollywood star on and they do that, Is it any wonder they end up with ex or current rte personalities as guests most weeks.

back over ???.. he will be probably be hanging himself from the light fitting of his room in the shelbourne hotel in about 20 minutes after that.... I'd be doing the same here only there is already a big feckin crack in the ceiling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

These stories should be on Maura & Daithi, it's Friday night ffs

• Advertisement

I know already this is giing to be an awful story of what these couple have been through.

Sometimes I hate ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The listings for this show on tvguide.co.uk says

"Richard Gere talks about his movie Time Out of Mind, and being one of Hollywood's most popular leading men. He also tells host Ryan Tubridy how he has used his fame to advocate for human rights around the world and raise environmental and Aids awareness"

No time for the AIDS, environmental and Human Rights stuff, but plenty for bad karaoke :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

CH3OH wrote: »
    swimmingly ! what an awful choice of word

Oh what joy! Rather! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Autosport wrote: »
    Am I the only one who actually liked it? Ok I am a Richard Gere fan and they weren't bad singers, I've heard worse on the voice

There was something about it that was funny. If it was part of a much longer interview it might be funny, but it was a bit...

"Hi Richard, you have a new film. Great. Here's a 4 decade old clip of a film. Now here's some mad sh!te we set you up for. Cheers Richard, your 16 minutes are up".

He deserved a longer, more indepth interview, but neither Tubridy nor D'Arcy seem to be capable of that on TV.

When did this happen I wonder

M

I can only hope this is not live? They hardly sat through all the rest of the music and banter to then come on and tell their story, did they?

The 2 of them seem a bit xanaxed out of it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Can't watch this..find it all too depressing...it was a good one tonight(til now��)see y'all on the election thread or other such guff-fest soon,night night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Not going to watch this. It's a bit too much for me. Night all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'm trying to imagine the Graham Norton Show or Jonathan Ross Show finishing with guests like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Lisha wrote: »
    Richard Gere thinks we are all nuts :(

Guess which one aged better:

Very good looking couple

M

There will be people watching tonight believing a few prayers and a splash of Lourdes water on the mothers belly would have sorted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This happened a friend of mine, little baby only lived for 20 mins after birth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Strumms wrote: »
    back over ???.. he will be probably be hanging himself from the light fitting of his room in the shelbourne hotel in about 20 minutes after that.... I'd be doing the same here only there is already a big feckin crack in the ceiling...

he wont be back on the show ever i meant, He's probably backstage now wondering wtf just happened, i only asked for a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

God help them, I think they are great to get up there together and tell their story. What a way to start married life. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I find stories like this so stuff to listen to. I can only imagine how tough it is for the couple to go through. Not only do they know their baby won't survive but they have to then travel abroad and leave their country for a termination if they choose this route. Heart breaking.

She's right. Everyone has to make their own choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

RTE Player crashed - I think it cringed itself into not working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I'm out.
    Goodnight folks. Tomorrow's gonna be tropic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

RTE Player crashed - I think it cringed itself into not working.

I'm watching online and it's ok

This makes a change from the Pat Kenny/Newstalk-driven agenda.

I've had to abandon ship and ended up with Debbie Harry on BBC4..... I strongly advise it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

It's great they finish on a good happy note, like graham Norton other Jon ross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

I'm trying to imagine the Graham Norton Show or Jonathan Ross Show finishing with guests like this.

Devils advocate here. I can't imagine Graham or Jonathan ever attempting to handle something with remotely this level of gravitas at anytime during their shows. It's a different mission statement altogether, but the LLS is supposed to have its serious side. It would be of less value (probably?) if it didn't.

• Advertisement

I am very surprised. I thought this was going to be about the decision that they travelled for an abortion.
    I like her message that you must do what is right for you.

CH3OH wrote: »
    I'm watching online and it's ok

Might have been due to me punching the screen during Mike Denver :D

They are fabulous parents to Jamie. I'm just so sad they didn't get to enjoy him for so much longer

Fatal foetal abnormality. Going to be a big topic here the next couple of years. Now receiving a 14 minute slot on the LLS.

Sweet Jesus, someone on the LLS has to go. The timing is all over the shop.

Pat Rabbitte, a nasty retiring politician, as per usual not prepared to answer any questions gets 25 mins, one of the biggest Holltwood actors ever with a seriously interesting life outside of films gets 17 minutes, this gets the same treatment.

M

Was there not more of a risk of her going full term and having Jamie than not?

• Advertisement

I like this couple.

I'm strongly pro choice and pro abortion.

But I respect their strength and the choice they made.

Which was the right choice for them. As evidenced by what they're saying. Good for them.

Was there not more of a risk of her going full term and having Jamie than not?

I don't get your question, Jamie would never have survived. I don't think she was ever in danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

There will be people watching tonight believing a few prayers and a splash of Lourdes water on the mothers belly would have sorted it.

It's ok to trivialise this couple's loss then with such comments ? Really touching response there Atlantic Dawn !

M

Lisha wrote: »
    I don't get your question, Jamie would never have survived. I don't think she was ever in danger.

I thought there was a risk to her in going full term, I could be wrong.

sudzs wrote: »
    I've had to abandon ship and ended up with Debbie Harry on BBC4..... I strongly advise it! :D

Would have been so cool being in Noo Yoik in the late 70's - Blondie, Ramones, Suicide, CBGB's, Max's Kansas City, Lou Reed, Warhol, The Cramps... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Lovely couple!

This is a very refreshing story. Humanists bringing their baby with a fatal foetal abnormality to full term. The likes of Ivana Bacik and Clare Daly must be in convulsions at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Would the child have been in pain or would he have suffered for the few hours he was alive? Not familiar with the condition at all.

Joe Duffy now ringing the LLS to get her phone number for a slot some time in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

These two guests sound very self involved being honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement