Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Christianity Thread for 3 months

Options
  • 26-02-2016 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭

I received a private message from Turtvig, unilaterally imposing a category ban on me for 3 months.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=333

The content of the private message imposing the ban on me states :
    The remarks in this thread have been deplorable. This included with the several mod warnings you were given leaves us with no choice but to apply a lengthy ban. I'd consider this getting off lightly. On your return, please don't persist in abrasive posts

I did not receive any warning from Turtvig concerning the content of my posts.
    I did not receive several mod warnings either.

I did receive a warning from Delirium (formerly SW) who said that my posts should be less abrasive, and I complied with this request subsequently.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi hinault, can you confirm whether or not you have discussed this ban with the moderator who banned you, as per Step 1 in the Dispute Resolution Process?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Toots wrote: »
    Hi hinault, can you confirm whether or not you have discussed this ban with the moderator who banned you, as per Step 1 in the Dispute Resolution Process?

Hi Toots,

Thanks for you reply.

Discuss the ban?
    Insofar as I received a PM from moderator Turtvig advising me of his/her unilateral decision to ban me, and his/her invitation to use the dispute resolution process, I informed Turtvig by private message that I intended to avail of the dispute resolution process. That's been the extent of discussion with the said moderator.

Hinault.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks for confirming.

Right so, I'll be looking after this dispute. Please give me some time to investigate etc. I'll post back here when I have reached a decision or if I need more information from you.

OK, I've had a look into this and here's what I've noted:

Firstly, to clarify, you have a forum ban, not a category ban. You are banned from the Christianity sub-forum; you can still post in the other forums under the Religion & Spirituality umbrella (providing you abide by the site and forum rules)

Your posting style is really confrontational and abrasive. You say that you complied with the mod warning about being abrasive, however I'd argue that is not the case. Delirium posted that warning at 09:56, you then quoted that post at 20:14, arguing with the mod on-thread (I'll get to that later), you then continued to post in an abrasive manner on the Abortion thread after this warning.

You argue with moderators on-thread. You've been a member long enough to know that that's not allowed in any forum, not just Christianity. To be fair, the mods could red-card you every time you do this.

Now regarding the straw that broke the camel's back - your comments on the abortion thread......words fail me. I really can't comprehend how you thought your responses to that poster were in any way appropriate. The way you treated her was disgusting. I think it showed tremendous restraint on the part of the mod who banned you that they only gave you 3 months.

So in conclusion, I'm upholding the 3 month ban. If you continue to post in your current style when you return to the forum, you'll end up permanently banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Reminder: Only the OP and CMods are allowed to contribute to these threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

you can still post in the other forums under the Religion & Spirituality umbrella

I'm well aware of this.

So in conclusion, I'm upholding the 3 month ban.

I'll wait it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement