Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spare cardboard boxes?

Options
  • 26-02-2016 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any spare cardboard boxes that they don't need anymore? Looking for small/medium sized ones.. basically a manageable size :)

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks all in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭bobbyss

ch1984 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has any spare cardboard boxes that they don't need anymore? Looking for small/medium sized ones.. basically a manageable size :)

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks all in advance.

Tesco (GSC) used to have piles of them and I always used to take them but they stopped doing that a few years ago. This is a pity as they always had a great selection. Wine boxes in particular were great because they are so strong. Joyces in K'Carra have some regular shaped sizes, the useless fruit boxes and usually big washing powder boxes of unusual shape. If you go in early enough to Dunnes Westside as they unpack, helpful staff will bring some out before they are all squashed up. Dunnes (B&Q) have lots of fruit boxes. The supermarket in Moycullen, the very inconveniently located one, has a selection but again they seem to be all gone by a certain time during the day.
    Maybe call one of the above to see what is the best time to go there before they are rubbished?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask in Lidl and Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I don't know if you want to buy them or not but if you do I think Barons Self Storage sell them on the team road

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Try an off-licence as wine case boxes are really sturdy and a nice size for moving things.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

Thanks so much for all the info guys. I'll check those places out.. buying them can be quite costly so it's great to know a few places to get them for free :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement