Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 27 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

27 with 5 to play. Captain payet letting me down again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Benimar wrote: »
    Where are all these big scores coming from?? Ye can't all have Arnie surely?

Many have Mahrez, Payet and Vardy, who didn't do any real damage, so where are the points coming from??

I'm on 26 from 6. Vardy (c), Mahrez, Payet, Dawson, Woolscheid and Ighalo. Would have thought that was around average for non Arnie teams.

Had all 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

iroced wrote: »
    Yes but you need to have at least 1 forward though. Hope it doesn't alter your auto-subs.

Nah have 3. Thank feck

wonski wrote: »
    Let me get this straight.

You left players on the bench on purpose, and now you are asking if you can play 5 at the back.

You didn't really think it through, did you?

Luckily for you you can play with 5 defenders.
    You should have checked it before the gameweek started, though.

Yep.... I didn't want to use my transfer chip at all... Was banking on Valencia starting... Dawson is 3rd sub! Was gonna take the hit for the transfer.... Just worked out better than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Broken nose is one of those injuries where they either play or are left out of the squad, no need to worry about a 2 minute cameo imo.

Hopefully I'm just imaging the worst situation, was so tempted to pick arnautovic but backed away after his non appearance in week 26, have 28 with smalling Monreal, alli and kane,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

43 with Toby Alli and Sanchez left.
    Like a few around here bringing in Fuchs and Arnie worked a treat,
    Still can't see the touch my captain got for his assist in the Leicester game but obviously delighted and should settle the foxes for their run of "easy" fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Surprised how well 40 has done for me! 100k or so rise into 300k and jumped a nice few places in my main league. Hopefully will keep the green going tomorrow, but with just Sanchez, Alli & Toby I'm not holding my breath

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Many have Mahrez, Payet and Vardy, who didn't do any real damage, so where are the points coming from??

I'm on 26 from 6. Vardy (c), Mahrez, Payet, Dawson, Woolscheid and Ighalo. Would have thought that was around average for non Arnie teams.

Fuchs (9), Daniels (8), Vardy c (10), Antonio (11), Payet (3), Mahrez (3), Courtios (2).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

q2ice wrote: »
    26 points from 5. No BPs
    Boruc 6
    Cresswell 6
    Payet 3
    Mahrez 3×2=6 (C)
    Vardy 5
    Pretty crap.

Still though, the Leicester win means I am still in my Last Man Standing contest after 6 weeks.
    Over 770+ at the start down to 11 before this gameweek. biggrin.png
    Sweet! who will you pick next week? How much was entry and how much for the win!?

It was €10 entry with a prize of €750. Its a fundraising for a soccer team and apparently the entries they only got barely over 100 entries last year so the prize was set to €750.
    Its a very nice prize but the satisfaction of being the last one standing would be very sweet.

My options for the next games are in bold:

01 Mar 19:45 Aston Villa v Everton

01 Mar 19:45 Bournemouth v Southampton

01 Mar 19:45 Leicester v West Brom

01 Mar 19:45 Norwich v Chelsea

01 Mar 19:45 Sunderland v Crystal Palace

02 Mar 19:45 Arsenal v Swansea

02 Mar 19:45 Stoke v Newcastle

02 Mar 19:45 West Ham v Spurs

02 Mar 20:00 Liverpool v Man City

02 Mar 20:00 Man Utd v Watford

Going between Everton and Man Utd at the moment but leaning toward Everton at the moment.

There has only been six gameweeks (including this one). Most people got knowcked out gameweek 23 - Everton lost to Swansea and Man City drew with West Ham. I picked Liverpool that week and were lucky that they got the winner on the 94th minute. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Up from 66k to 27k with 51.
    4 to play so hopefully I don't drop too much tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That Delaney assist is one of the poxiest assists you'll ever get.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

My 49 sees me rise about 260k to 550k. If Arsenal and Spurs concede while Ozil and Sanchez stay quiet it might be a big week in my push for 100k :pac:

What season eh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

siblers wrote: »
    That Delaney assist is one of the poxiest assists you'll ever get.

Not seen it but surely can't be much worse than Vardys!

My best OR since GW14 hopefully this is where the tide turns!

jimmii wrote: »
    Not seen it but surely can't be much worse than Vardys!

Headered it from inside his own half, Ollson totally misjudged the bounce it and it fell to Bamford who finished it brilliantly.

Gwan rank of 1903! Think that's my highest ever!

Dunno how but I've actually risen with a score of 29 up to 267, have 3 left to play and 4 off the bench from Delaney to come. Need Alli and Sanchez to stay quiet tomorrow and for Arsenal to concede as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

My 31 bring me just shy of top 100k. With 4 attackers left to go hopefully including Kane to play, there's hope to break into it. But, it's been a loooooong time since I had a satisfying sunday...
    ElTel wrote: »
    Still can't see the touch my captain got for his assist in the Leicester game but obviously delighted and should settle the foxes for their run of "easy" fixtures.
    As I said a while ago and today's game did not prove me wrong, Leicester may find this run harder than playing the premium sides. It is often tougher to break a team battling into the relegation dogfight that parks the bus and exploits counter-attacks than a team that plays an attacking style and leaves quite some space between their lines.

But, this kind of win is a huge confidence and momentum boost. And it's true, on paper, their run looks fantastic.

siblers wrote: »
    Headered it from inside his own half, Ollson totally misjudged the bounce it and it fell to Bamford who finished it brilliantly.

Yeh those ones are annoying like when someone gets an assist for tapping it backwards in their own half and then the scorer goes on a crazy run and scores hardly seems right!

Gwan rank of 1903! Think that's my highest ever!

Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

42 moves me up 5k to 5,450 overall and to the top of the Boards pay league! Sanchez, Ozil, Kane & Alder to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

32 from 6 sees a 2k rise to 7k.

Kane, Alli, Alder, Ozil, Alexis still to come, big couple of hours tomorrow!

Alexis I feel owes me some points, he's cost me a few to get him in with no returns whatsoever, it's time now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

42 moves me up 5k to 5,450 overall and to the top of the Boards pay league! Sanchez, Ozil, Kane & Alder to go
    That's you!

Well played. I'm in 3rd, for now. :D

Up 3k to 10k with Toby, Alli, Kane, Sanchez and Ozil to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

19 pts with 4 left to play and drop to 190k...let's forget this week, shall we?

Arnie dropped in price this week which surprised me considering his fixtures and GW 30 match.

He was quite popular in here though when I was looking through peoples transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Please please tell me you can have a back 5?have 2 coming off the bench!
    Yeh you can.
    Excellent... 35 so far (12 off the bench)
    You jam bag! Who did you have starting that missed out?
    Held onto firmino and Barkley.... Just effing with anyone in my leagues.
    Let me get this straight.

You left players on the bench on purpose, and now you are asking if you can play 5 at the back.

You didn't really think it through, did you?

Luckily for you you can play with 5 defenders.
    You should have checked it before the gameweek started, though.
    Yep.... I didn't want to use my transfer chip at all... Was banking on Valencia starting... Dawson is 3rd sub! Was gonna take the hit for the transfer.... Just worked out better than expected

:confused:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist:D

What was your plan for this gameweek, again???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Going to be a lot of disappointed people in here if Sanchez blanks again tomorrow (today)

My 29 points yesterday see me top all three of my money leagues. The guy who was in 1st place wildcarded and only got 17 points with three to play. Delighted!!

:confused:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist:D

What was your plan for this gameweek, again???

I had 2 non starters. Had ozil and Huth coming off the bench on purpose.... Dawson was 75% to play as was Valencia.... I thought Valencia would have played. He didn't. Luck came into it that Valencia didn't play and Dawson got a good score! The game plan didn't include Dawson (apart from the off chance that Valencia didn't play and Dawson did) that was a risk I was willing to take to hold onto my transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

40 points sees me rise almost 200k but I somehow drop one spot in my work league. 4 to go.

How did busts 7 transfer hero do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

How did busts 7 transfer hero do?

16 from 5. He made no transfers yet again and played 5-3-2. He held onto Bolasie for the last few months and he duly came in for Barry so he could field 11.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2820118/event-history/27/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I think there could be a bit of Kidology going on this week with FPLers starting guys with no fixture. I expect a big jump in the averages when auto subs kick in even if the high ownership players don't score well today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

35 with 4 to play including Captain Kane. Hopefully a bit of a turnaround after a few underwhelming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ElTel wrote: »
    I think there could be a bit of Kidology going on this week with FPLers starting guys with no fixture. I expect a big jump in the averages when auto subs kick in even if the high ownership players don't score well today.

I think owner of FPL Discovery said average "did not play" in top 10k was 0.7 and overall was 2.5 or something (obviously lots of casuals/dead teams). I don't really understand the point of doing deliberate autosubs, the one day of GW score not matching up to actual score if your rival even checks? I'd rather just know where I am actually

• Advertisement

#THFC team: Lloris (C), Walker, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose; Alli, Dier; Lamela, Eriksen, Son; Kane
    #Swans line-up v @SpursOfficial: Fabianski, Rangel, Fernandez, Williams (C), Taylor, Britton, Cork, Ki, Sigurdsson, Ayew, Paloschi.
    #afc team: Cech, Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal; Ramsey, Coquelin; Walcott, Ozil, Sanchez; Welbeck.
    Manchester United XI: De Gea, Varela, Carrick, Blind, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Lingard, Mata, Memphis, Rashford.

Giroud and Mertesacker on bench. Smalling not in squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Alli playing deep..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

spock. wrote: »
    Alli playing deep..

Don't be so sure.

it could easily be Eriksen back there, or even just the two interchanging.

RE: Arsenal, that team suggests Alexis could easily be up front. It obviously could be Welbeck too, but we'll see.

If Rashford scores for United today he's got to be an option for Watford at home on Wednesday. 4.5M.

• Advertisement

Giroud and Mertesacker on bench. Smalling not in squad

Good thing I transfered out Giroud so, had planned on bringing him back in midweek but probably won't now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Torricelli wrote: »
    If Rashford scores for United today he's got to be an option for Watford at home on Wednesday. 4.5M.

Brimfull of Rashford, only 4.5 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

need a nice return from Ozil and Sanchez now

Alli has injury scare during warm up, seems to be ok though.

manual_man wrote: »
    need a nice return from Ozil and Sanchez now
    50% own Ozil while only 13.5% own Sanchez. A big day from the latter would be huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

siblers wrote:
    Alli has injury scare during warm up, seems to be ok though.

He better be...

Dat ozil pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Good chance for Monreal, big save DDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Varela early yellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Varela early yellow

goinh to be a long 80 minutes for him
    if he lasts that long!